What do you want to do since time doesn't exist anymore | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What do you want to do since time doesn't exist anymore

I'm going to lock myself in a hardware store to play with all the toys, or maybe a library so I can read as much as I want with no one to disturb me.

make clocks
Hahaha XD

I don't know why but that's really funny to me.

Maybe the fact that everyone else explained theirs, and you put down two words 'make clocks'

It's not even a complete sentence. Lovely, haha!

Write a book and go on an extremely long journey on foot :)

So the things I like to do will get old and "boring" (and are therefore not good enough ideas) but the things you like to do will always remain interesting and are the best ideas for everyone? How nice.

You know I never said that, and I never meant it that way. For anything that we know the outcome to, we can only play/do those things so much before well...we've memorized it all. And then it becomes boring because there's nothing new in it.

It's like seeing your favorite movie or eating your favorite dishes. Sure it's fun for a while (and maybe sometimes seeing the movie more than 20 times earns you bragging and quoting rights), but if it doesn't bring you pleasure anymore, then it's boring. That's my take on it anyway. I didn't mean to imply that your activities are boring. I think *anyone's* favorite activities can become boring if there's nothing new in them. They just become something you do by rote.

I guess if there was no time I'd have absolutely no excuse not to see the whole world. Put that at the top of my list.

After that, it's just a matter of going through my hobbies. I think I could live a good 5 or 6 lifetimes without getting bored.

I think it's somethin' awful that the notion of time not existing seems boring. But I can't say I don't identify. When I actually have an entire day off to myself I find that I am restless and bored and missing work. It's sick.

Hunter gatherers work about 3 hours a day finding food and such. The rest of their time is spent relaxing and playing. It's too bad we have too many obligations. I fear for the day I cough and it sounds like spare change, lost, jingle-jangling onto the ground.

I'd grow a massive beard and become one of those crazy mountain men in some uninhabited forest,
tracking animals, growing tea/herbs, become well-versed in all things of the natural world,
and inquiring in metaphysical matters with a few gorgeous siberian huskies.:tongue:

Reactions: acd
So...what stops us from doing all those things now? :m129:

I think we'd live differently if we honestly and truly had all the time in the world. Forever is a very long time to drink and play Nintendo. Those will get boring. And if time is infinite, we really wouldn't know age - we wouldn't feel the passage of time. Everything that we think is important now would seem so much less so if time was infinite.

Things that we normally associate with time: Paces, boredom, aging, life, death, love...all of our every day concepts would become something new. We wouldn't think the same way.

What would happen?
Maybe we'd take the time to listen more.
We'd walk, because it wouldn't matter how long it took.
We'd stop to smell the roses.
Everything could be observed and studied to its fullest potential, and we'd see something new about it, always.

But if I had all the time in the world? I think I'd walk around the world, and take new paths every day. To see every little tidbit.
And then I'd sit in tea shops and listen to conversations from all over the world.
I'd learn every language there would be to learn, and then I'd join in some of those conversations.
Then I'd learn multiple professions. I'd be an herbalist, a doctor, a vet, an astronomer, and a poet.
Learning maths would no longer frustrate me, because I could take all the time I wanted to learn it on my own and discuss it enough so I'd finally understand it.

Oh, it could be fun- really, really fun. :D
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/02/08/opinion/a-brief-version-of-time.html

I would study human interaction, music, mysticism/metaphysics, physics, technology, mythology, anything else I could get my hands on. It probably would take me long to start worrying about how much information the human brain can hold.

I'd grow a massive beard and become one of those crazy mountain men in some uninhabited forest,
tracking animals, growing tea/herbs, become well-versed in all things of the natural world,
and inquiring in metaphysical matters with a few gorgeous siberian huskies.:tongue:

dduuuuuddeeee I'm coming with

dduuuuuddeeee I'm coming with

Me too! Me too!

Create beautiful things and explore.

From NV article:

"..slipping into conversation the way a leaf falls from a tree."
Goddamnit, that's beautiful.

That said, I'd be a Later.

In regards to the interloping immortal relative concept, gotta disagree. Why couldn't you possess the ultimate power to shape your life and experience as you want to? You've got all the time to do it. Create new meaning etc. etc. you are only bound to the things you bind yourself to, even the past.

I would study the way air felt on my skin in different climates and terrain. I would study the way different places made me feel just by traveling to them.

I would study what it's like to be, right in this precise moment..

I am afraid that life might be meaningless if we had all the time in the world.

I'd start by taking a nap though.

Write a book and go on an extremely long journey on foot :)

I guess if there was no time I'd have absolutely no excuse not to see the whole world.

Edited:
in an uninhabited forest, growing tea/herbs, become well-versed..., inquiring in metaphysical matters

Create beautiful things and explore.

I really identify with these :D. The last one's especially touching.

I'd start by learning 5-7 languages, definitely see the whole world, spend a lot of time on a warm white sandy beach, swim with dolphins, publish - become published, horseback ride, read all the books I desire, write all that I desire, climb mountains (literally), learn how to do a full-in full-out, plant trees, practice yoga, endlessly meet interesting people, practice meditation to eventually develop the ability to transcend reality, learn to love deeper, listen more, continue to evolve my understanding of people/this world, touch the earth all over the world

I wonder how life would maintain its meaning

I'd start by learning 5-7 languages, definitely see the whole world, spend a lot of time on a warm white sandy beach, swim with dolphins, publish - become published, horseback ride, read all the books I desire, write all that I desire, climb mountains (literally), learn how to do a full-in full-out, plant trees, practice yoga, endlessly meet interesting people, practice meditation to eventually develop the ability to transcend reality, learn to love deeper, listen more, continue to evolve my understanding of people/this world, touch the earth all over the world

I wonder how life would maintain its meaning

On second hand, this is how I would live my current lifetime if I had all the money and availabilities I needed to do so...

Infinity.. ?

Off the top of my head I'd probably try to become the next savior. People would be grasping at anything to believe in if time didn't exist..and that would be fun to do.

Really though, I'd be writing music and playing it for eternity I guess.

I think if time had always been infinite we'd be fine. But if we suddenly found ourselves with all the time in the world and no death, we'd probably enact "Groundhog Day" six billion times before finally settling down.

Wow!

That was an amazing article, Naetur. Lol! Howcum every time I think of something it's always in the press...

I would disagree, however, that everyone would get advice from all their previous relatives. I think we'd still say, "you, get out of my house and make your own house!" On the other hand, who knows? I think this is why the mind set would have to change. We all have skills and talents - but I wonder if we'd step on each others' toes because each one of us would have a different expert opinion.

Hmm. This is a really interesting philosophical topic. I wouldn't mind delving into it more.
it is, of course, a bit of an exaggeration. Also, not only was it also in print, but I remembered this from an English test I had. I was personally amazed to find something from that class had any application outside of a study of literature.

Also,I think most introverts would lean towards the Later side of this. We would prefer to sit around, talk with a few people, or read, study, decorate, etc., over going out and doing all variety of things.

p.s. an incredibly finicky detail; when referring to me and shortening my usrename, I prefer either NV or Vindur, but not N

I think if time had always been infinite we'd be fine. But if we suddenly found ourselves with all the time in the world and no death, we'd probably enact "Groundhog Day" six billion times before finally settling down.

I like Groundhog day. It's kinda cool if you watch it as a paranormal/dramatic movie instead of a comedy.