[INFJ] - What do you hate about being INFJ? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] What do you hate about being INFJ?

Thanks for the insights, guys! The reason I asked is because I've seen describtions in some tests that confused me, so I wanted to see what others thought and felt about it. Can't link anymore because it was when I just joined the site, it's stuck in my head.
[MENTION=5219]Rferraris[/MENTION] - I see what you mean in the last paragraph, in the first as well but I can really relate to the latter.
There is a situation when I care and it can sting too. It is usually when I get disappointed in someone or when I've invested my time and they turned out to be someone else... I hate the uncertain too. Some people just walk away silently for whatever reason. I put them on my black list but still feel a bit hurt and upset I've opened up in the first place. I know that's their way, the character, perhaps, but I still can't help but see it as disrespect. A pile, as you've said, gets bigger.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I hate feeling driven to do things and want to murder the principles that make it so. Then I snap out of it and remember that a life without principle is not a life at all. The impurity of the substances I must work with cannot and should not be escaped.

Although I can't say I hate it, but I dislike the push/pull of my introversion intuitions with my extroverted feeling. I need time daily, not just 15 mins, but a couple of hours for myself to reflect on the day and to spend time learning about new things or being creative, but I also need to get work done and there is a part of me that is constantly nagging for me to stop spending "unproductive" time and organize this, or fix that, or go here; I have a list of things to do that seems endless at times. If I don't get alone time for a couple days I start to feel really cranky: Rah!!! ;) At the same time I need to spend time around people because I can feel very lonely spending all that time alone. Relationships are so very important to me and I love to cultivate them, especially those with my girls, my wife, a couple close friends and family members, and even a couple co-workers. But eventually I'll get too much extroversion and have to pull back into my introversion a little bit and then I'll feel much better, but I'll feel bad for having to pull back. I love making people happy and listening to people and laughing with them, and feeling their pain, but sometimes it is a little too much: Back to the Bat Cave!! Ah, the life of an infj, I wouldn't have it any other way though ;)

I went to get a haircut once and joked the barber about my hair. It tends to get curly as it gets longer which I dislike. He laughed and told me that people with straight hair pay to make it curly every day. I wish I was a bit more extroverted, but I'm basically happy with being me. I think most types would have some aspect of themselves they'd prefer to change. I kind of wish there were more infjs around, though I'd guess nature has decided that for the best.

i'm happy this thread was made because it turns out that I share a lot of my neuroses with a lot of you, haha.

But I love being an INFJ for the most part, probably the only things that irk me are overthinking, getting lost in my head, and I don't know if it's like this for every single one of us, but INFJ males are more sensitive and like slightly feminine so dealing with all the shit associated with that kind of sucks. But despite higher sensitivity leading to lower lows, it also leads to higher highs so I just try to accept it.

And sometimes, something embarrassing that i've done/said in the past will pop into my head and i'll just want to jump off a bridge or lock myself in a closet thinking back on the shame of it.

Last edited:
Nothing if this is who i am i shall love all of myself because i cannot be anyone else but myself....................( i get annoyed from time to time with myself but that's just my spirit making:m096: sure im doing what i should be):m178:

I don't hate anything about being INFJ, but what frustrates me often is not really being able to live in the moment.

Also - overthinking. I can't say I regret not enjoying small talk because I simply can't even grasp the idea ^^

Being able to see who people really are underneath whatever masks they wear in everyday life. Even if you keep to yourself about it, some people can just tell that you can actually see them and It can get you into trouble. Some people respond positively to that kind of thing (like someone understands them), others respond very negatively, and still others just seem to be uncomfortable with it. It's not like its a choice. IDK

I accept who I am and I'm comfortable with it, but I also dislike being stuck with a personality that feels "in between" a lot of others. I'd love to be an extroverted Fe dom who makes everyone around me happy, or be a technically skilled Te dom who doesn't care at all about 'peopling' and isn't expected to. :tearsofjoy:

I accept who I am and I'm comfortable with it, but I also dislike being stuck with a personality that feels "in between" a lot of others. I'd love to be an extroverted Fe dom who makes everyone around me happy, or be a technically skilled Te dom who doesn't care at all about 'peopling' and isn't expected to. :tearsofjoy:

I think I'd almost prefer being a Te-dom. I was a wedding last weekend where I spent time with (among others) two Fe-doms, and I realized that being Fe-dom involves being happy with a lot of small talk if necessary. That I can't do! lol.

ENFJs can be quite impressive for their ability to switch between small talk and deep talk. I lack that kind of malleability.

You INFJs are awesome.

Thanks! ENTPs are awesome too (though I hear you might be an introverted feeler now?! ;) )

I dunno, when I'm at a social event that is very crowded, I tend to just be there available for a deep conversation with anybody. I'll have small talk too of course, and be pleasant, but I won't necessarily try to elongate the small talk beyond a few sentences.

I think I'd almost prefer being a Te-dom. I was a wedding last weekend where I spent time with (among others) two Fe-doms, and I realized that being Fe-dom involves being happy with a lot of small talk if necessary. That I can't do! lol.

ENFJs can be quite impressive for their ability to switch between small talk and deep talk. I lack that kind of malleability.

I often think ENFJs may be the best type. That said, I see the value of every type.
From my perspective, small talk is a life skill. It isn't natural to me, but it was a necessary learned behavior.
I also think women are expected to be friendlier and men can get away with being anti-social.

I often think ENFJs may be the best type. That said, I see the value of every type.

Socially, it's quite possible to see them in that way. But I think it depends on the context.

For works of philosophy, for example, I think INFJ/INTJ/INTP are "the best" - if by "the best" we mean the most likely to produce a work of depth.

What do you think is the "best type" for punk music? ;)

Socially, it's quite possible to see them in that way. But I think it depends on the context.

For works of philosophy, for example, I think INFJ/INTJ/INTP are "the best" - if by "the best" we mean the most likely to produce a work of depth.

What do you think is the "best type" for punk music?

Yes, we all have something we are best at! <3

Extroverted Sensors make the best "front men", IMO. There are plenty of people of all types standing behind the front man that make a band work, and may even be the real backbone of the band.
This isn't specific to punk. :)

Extroverted Sensors make the best "front men", IMO. There are plenty of people of all types standing behind the front man that make a band work, and may even be the real backbone of the band.
This isn't specific to punk. :)

Last time I allow myself to go off topic: how is Henry Rollins as a frontman?

I hear he's ENTJ, and I'm curious. ^^

@Ren - He seems like an ENTJ. I never saw him with Black Flag. I've seen him speak and solo a few times. I've never met him. He definitely has charisma, but he's also heavy-handed about ideas. I think he's a good frontman for his genre.

what frustrates me often is not really being able to live in the moment.
Yes! It's especially frustrating "knowing" that this moment is all there is, yet my mind keeps playing out the potential of future moments that may or may not even come to fruition.

Reactions: Wyote, Ren and Asa