[INFJ] - What do you hate about being INFJ? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] What do you hate about being INFJ?

Sometimes, just sometimes, I hate feeling driven to do things and want to murder the principles that make it so. Then I snap out of it and remember that a life without principle is not a life at all. The impurity of the substances I must work with cannot and should not be escaped.
Haha ahh, the daily perils of living life

Reactions: Wyote
As much as I wish I could say there's nothing I hate about being INFJ, i'd be lying! I really hate the loneliness that I've come to expect as the norm, I hate the feeling of almost ALWAYS being the weirdest in a group of what society would call weirdos, and piggybacking off that last thought, I hate being too weird for the normies but too socially pleasing to go completely off the deep end with the "weirdos". But if I had to choose what I hate the most it's definitely the loneliness

As much as I wish I could say there's nothing I hate about being INFJ, i'd be lying! I really hate the loneliness that I've come to expect as the norm, I hate the feeling of almost ALWAYS being the weirdest in a group of what society would call weirdos, and piggybacking off that last thought, I hate being too weird for the normies but too socially pleasing to go completely off the deep end with the "weirdos". But if I had to choose what I hate the most it's definitely the loneliness

Hahahaha! I relate to all of this. <3

Reactions: Sandie33 and Wyote
The lone wolf life of limbo, neither here nor there. It's a chill place most of the time though.

The lone wolf life of limbo, neither here nor there. It's a chill place most of the time though.
Externally, it's a chill place. Internally, it can be hell sometimes. But I guess we're better off than those that have been institutionalized!

Reactions: Asa and Wyote
Externally, it's a chill place. Internally, it can be hell sometimes. But I guess we're better off than those that have been institutionalized!

My brain is a hurricane, my home is a sanctuary

Reactions: Asa
My brain is a hurricane, my home is a sanctuary
Same here. A lot of times I think to myself "how long can you keep this up?" and then I say back to myself "keep what up?" and then i reply "iuno." and then go back to being all philosophical and shiz

Reactions: Asa and Wyote
giphy.gif

The downsides of being an INFJ for me personally are the frequent themes of loneliness (you are bound to feel alone when you are part of only the 1%), being able to always feel other people’s emotions and feelings (which can be very overwhelming at times), and always thinking too much of the future— constant worry and ideas in my head regarding aspects that just not even happened yet. I can’t seem to just simply be and enjoy the current situation of life.

I also do not like the fact that I’m very introverted in a society that expects you to be extroverted— just like how I mentioned previously in the Noisebloom’s introverted/ extroverted thread. I hate feeling as if I am a strange anomaly because I rather keep to myself and like to be quiet.

Reactions: JennyDaniella
The downsides of being an INFJ for me personally are the frequent themes of loneliness (you are bound to feel alone when you are part of only the 1%), being able to always feel other people’s emotions and feelings (which can be very overwhelming at times), and always thinking too much of the future— constant worry and ideas in my head regarding aspects that just not even happened yet. I can’t seem to just simply be and enjoy the current situation of life.

I also do not like the fact that I’m very introverted in a society that expects you to be extroverted— just like how I mentioned previously in the Noisebloom’s introverted/ extroverted thread. I hate feeling as if I am a strange anomaly because I rather keep to myself and like to be quiet.
:<3::<3::<3: Realizing you were right all your life and you really are the only person like yourself that you know is an incredibly hard and painful pill to swallow. For me, I don't think I've ever not felt lonely with a SO, close friends, or not. However, my daughter is a 3 year old weirdo and although she may not be exactly the kind I am, we definitely have a strong strange bond through that. Now as far as the anomaly feeling goes, I don't think i'm too much older than you (28 and counting >.<) and the feeling of being an anomaly doesn't really ever go away but for me atleast, it does definitely get easier to deal with and accept and push back on the people who try making you feel like an outsider. I'm not sure if it's more so through maturity or just getting f****** tired of being someone you're not/convincing people why you can't go out or do certain things. I will say you're definitely doing better than I was when I was younger simply because of the fact you already know who you are and what you really are capable of. Like I said, that aspect does get easier <3. Now as far as the loneliness find somebody you're compatible with and NOW. this feeling seems to get worse and worse the older and older I get so my only advice for you is FIND THEM AND FIND THEM ASAP:m032:

umm you guyz should stop feeling lonely and lets all be lonely together

It honestly surprises me a little to hear INFJs are lonely, given that you all seem so damn normal to me. Perhaps some of it is that INFJs are prone to keeping their own troubles/issues to themselves? I could see that leading to loneliness.

But seriously, we're all here together on this forum, with relatively similar degrees of alienation (on average), so hopefully it feels less lonely, and everyone feels like they can reach out and connect.

Reactions: Ren and noisebloom
It's that damn Ni-Fe mix :( "I want to be by myself... but I want to be with others!"

It sharpens the feeling of loneliness because Fe makes you feel acutely what you are actually quite often consciously avoiding.

The lone wolf life of limbo, neither here nor there.

Reactions: Ren

I think that by virtue of being Ni-dom, INFJs treasure and seek their own space most of the time, but because of Fe-aux they are also hyper aware of being thus isolated “from the others”. And that produces a heightened sense of alienation/loneliness (in potential anyway).

Reactions: Wyote