[INFJ] - What do you hate about being INFJ? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] What do you hate about being INFJ?

I hate the fact that I'm the minority in many aspects; thought, mind, feeling, taste, etc. I wish I could be more "normal" so I could just find someone to talk to easier. Also, I hate that I'm so choosy about people, and that I know too much to not be otherwise. Sometimes I'm jealous of people who are happy and content because they're not as paranoiac of the worst case scenarios as I do. I also hate that I feel as deeply as I think, sometimes it becomes too paralyzing just to find the right course of action.

Reactions: JustPhil
Last time I allow myself to go off topic: how is Henry Rollins as a frontman?

I hear he's ENTJ, and I'm curious. ^^

@Ren - He seems like an ENTJ. I never saw him with Black Flag. I've seen him speak and solo a few times. I've never met him. He definitely has charisma, but he's also heavy-handed about ideas. I think he's a good frontman for his genre.
Henry Rollins = Obvious ENTJ.

Reactions: Asa and Ren
Hmm. What do I hate about being an INFJ? Let me count the ways...

I hate feeling like I don't fit in or belong.
I hate that I'm way more accommodating than any human being should be. I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a pleaser, but still.
I hate caring so much about how other people feel.
I hate that I can be introverted to the point that people think I don't like them.
I hate being ridiculously sensitive to criticism
I hate that I hate failing so much.

I could go on. I really could. :)

In all seriousness, I'd so much rather be able to just be comfortable in my own skin and not give much of a shit about how I think others think I'm supposed to be. Not completely sure if that's an INFJ thing or not, but it is what it is.

Hmm. What do I hate about being an INFJ? Let me count the ways...

I hate feeling like I don't fit in or belong.
I hate that I'm way more accommodating than any human being should be. I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a pleaser, but still.
I hate caring so much about how other people feel.
I hate that I can be introverted to the point that people think I don't like them.
I hate being ridiculously sensitive to criticism
I hate that I hate failing so much.

I could go on. I really could. :)

In all seriousness, I'd so much rather be able to just be comfortable in my own skin and not give much of a shit about how I think others think I'm supposed to be. Not completely sure if that's an INFJ thing or not, but it is what it is.

I don't dwell on the things I dislike about being an INFJ. However, now that I know where my weakness lie, I can mitigate the flaws and enhance my strengths.... but yeah those things are definitely not happy things about being an INFJ... I'll second you :)

I don't know about you all, but I hate that I'm usually really confident in being able to do something, but if my emotional life isn't stable or there is some emotional stressor it basically like handicaps my ability to do things, like dramatically. How much effort I need to put into having a healthy environment in order to function at full potential. I've always called it having like fragile strength/genius, like my intuition will solve any challenge in front of me easily if the life conditions are right but if not its like I'm helpless if social anxiety comes in or there is a person I have conflict with in my home. Idk is this relatable to anyone. This also feels like something anyone would probably go through. I'm thinking of not actually posting this, oh well its posted.

I did not communicate this well at all.

I don't know about you all, but I hate that I'm usually really confident in being able to do something, but if my emotional life isn't stable or there is some emotional stressor it basically like handicaps my ability to do things, like dramatically. How much effort I need to put into having a healthy environment in order to function at full potential. I've always called it having like fragile strength/genius, like my intuition will solve any challenge in front of me easily if the life conditions are right but if not its like I'm helpless if social anxiety comes in or there is a person I have conflict with in my home. Idk is this relatable to anyone. This also feels like something anyone would probably go through. I'm thinking of not actually posting this, oh well its posted.

I did not communicate this well at all.

No .. communicated perfectly :)

I noticed someone saying they hated how accommodating INFJs are, and I just thought of this, I feel like it captures exactly how we are like the juxtaposition of the musicality and the candidness of the lyrics.

Is it just me who doesn't actually hate being me?

Sure, I have weaknesses and tons of things I want to work on but I don't hate it, I embrace it. Those characteristics are what makes me, me.

It does hurt sometimes to feel alone and misunderstood by the people physically closest to me but it is what it is.

The one thing I truly have control on is myself and I strive to improve, learn and grow everyday.

Is it just me who doesn't actually hate being me?

Sure, I have weaknesses and tons of things I want to work on but I don't hate it, I embrace it. Those characteristics are what makes me, me.

Nah, I'm the same as you. :)

In many ways I feel like it's a privilege to be INFJ, and that it comes with some 'duties' toward myself.