Orion

Strength through understanding
Donor
Jun 21, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I find looking and thinking about computers very stress relieving, maybe something to do with Ti? Takes me away from my emotions.

Anyway since we all use computers to access the forum it would be interesting to see what we are all running. Answer these questions so I can be nosey about the kind of computer stuff you all use and so we can laugh (or cry in jealousy) at the hardware you are using:

What operating system are you running? Windows, Mac etc.

Desktop or Laptop?

What are the specs of your computer? (Most interested!)

Reactions: Jexocuha

Windows.

Desktop or Laptop?

Desktop.

I don't know what you mean by ''specs'' lol..Well now I see lol..I dont care much about specs, but it does have about 2 GB of RAM, XP.

Last edited:
S.u.S.E. Linux 11.2 or WinXP
AMD Athlon 2.7Ghz
2Gb RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I have a 2.8GHZ Macbook pro 15" unibody I love this thing.

I don't really care about computer specs much. I just want computers to do what I want them to do. Their inner workings bore me, lol.

I have long been a computer wizard.
Not much nowadays, though.
I have a life :)

I am only here so much lately due to it being winter and a badly torqued low-back.
Back is getting better though.
My posting days are numbered.

Asus N90-Sv running a dual boot Win 7 and Ubuntu 9.10

Intel Core 2 duo processor, 320gb hard-drive, nVidia GForce GT 130M video card.

iMac 17 inch...OS:m176:

turing machine says hi

turingMachine.gif

im running something that still pretends to have display screen ... its so weak that cant start photoshop cs2 .. but u know what they say good riders dont need good horses

Windows 7 Ultimate on both my Aspire One and my desktop

Desktop or Laptop?
I'm using my netbook at the moment, since I don't have a room to set my desktop up in. I'm moving soon so this won't be an issue for much longer.

My Aspire One:
1.6ghz Intel Atom N270
1.5GB of RAM (upgraded from 1GB)
320GB hard drive (upgraded from 160GB, although I've also have a 64GB SSD in this computer)
Pretty standard stuff for a netbook.

My desktop was a custom build from an older computer someone gave me, so the parts aren't up to where I want them to be just yet. My parents paid for a new motherboard and CPU for Christmas, and I bought a new case. Once some money starts rolling in I'll be upgrading some more. Anyway, specs:
3.1ghz AMD Phenom II X2 Black edition (don't remember the model #)
Gigabyte motherboard (AMD 785G chipset)
3GB of DDR2 RAM of differing speeds
160GB hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4200 (using the integrated graphics at the moment)
Antec 400W power supply
All in this case:
Mini-P180_q.jpg

I have long been a computer wizard.
Not much nowadays, though.
I have a life :)

I am only here so much lately due to it being winter and a badly torqued low-back.
Back is getting better though.
My posting days are numbered.

Keeping making excuses Crow... maybe someone will believe you :tongue1:

J. Cardigan, I LOVE THAT CASE! I really wanna get one.

Uhmm wow. I thought my computer was shit, but compared to all that...

J. Cardigan, I LOVE THAT CASE! I really wanna get one.

Thanks. It's really easy to work with and it's definitely the nicest case I've owned. If anyone is thinking about getting it I'd say go for it.

Uhmm wow. I thought my computer was shit, but compared to all that...

Haha, yeah I kind of agree...

Apart from J.Cardigans case of course.

15" MacBook Pro, running Mac OSX 10.5
Waiting to upgrade to Snow Leopard for a bit due to compatibility issues with the Xerox I print off of at school, due to a lack of a decent driver that I've been able to locate.

2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2.6 GB DDR2 SDRAM
120 GB or Hard Drive

And a battery that needed replaced about 250 cycles ago, haha.

Honestly though, I'm only using this as a workstation (buying new battery this weekend) until I can get a nice Mac Pro station to use as my workhorse. I'm planning on diving for a quad core and updating that on my own, but I'll definitely need to power considering that my laptop is beginning to fail with 3D and After Effects renderings.

Might Bootcamp it. Not big a fan of the Windows side operating system, but I'm also not stupid enough to ignore that I need some non-Mac compatible software. Now I just need to pool together the money.

At work I have an HP DC7700 small form factor with Windows XP, intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB RAM.

A Mac G5 (powerPC) with 2GB RAM and dual proc, OSX Tiger

An HP EliteBook 6930p with 2GB RAM and a Core 2 Duo

I have a Intel Core 2 Quad with 8GB RAM and an 8800GT with Windows 7 64 bit

I have an HP DL385 G2 with 12GB RAM running VMWare ESXi with various Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Ubuntu, CentOS, and more virtual servers for playing around. This has a DAS shelf with 16 bays which I intend to fill with UltraSCSI 320 73GB 15K RPM drives when finances allow.

I also have an old P4 loaded with Windows 2003 and a full hardware RAID card which I am using for my NAS. Right now it only has 3 500GB drives but I intend to upgrade to 5 2TB drives eventually, for 8TB of redundant storage.

We have an old school dell tower being used as our router with pfSense which allows WAN balancing of our 2 incoming connections. My roommate works for an ISP and I am good buddies with the head admin so we get perks. :D

I haven't used linux as a desktop for some time, but I still use it for servers all the time.

At work I support Windows Server 2003, 2000, NT, soon 2008. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Window 2000. Various flavors of Linux including Ubuntu, RHEL, and ESX. Netware 6.5 is used for our file servers and we use GroupWise for our email system, both will be gone soon.

windows against my better judgement
Desktop or Laptop?
desktop

crap...does that count?

*so I was totally going to just post a pic of a pile of crap but I couldnt do it...damn my weak stomach*

I was wondering when you were gonna swoop in, NAI!

I was thinking about getting a Raid 0 set-up for my comp, for video editing. I've heard mixed feelings about it. I was gonna get two 500 GB Western Digital Black Hard drives and software raid them. The downside, I hear, is higher chance of failure. Or... two Samsung F3 1 TB hard drives in Raid... I'm not sure though. Can any one comment, if this would be a good idea? Mostly for video editing and compositing HD stuff.

crap...does that count?

*so I was totally going to just post a pic of a pile of crap but I couldnt do it...damn my weak stomach*

LOL, how dare you!