What Are Your Truths? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What Are Your Truths?

When it's a clash of values, it's a war with no prisoners, or no war at all.

That's one that comes in mind... I'm sure my life isn't that boring so, I'll add to it later.

We are creative enough to come up with absolute truths and we are creative enough to disprove these absolute truths. The only question here is the shelf life of a particular truth.

Subjective truths are fine, those are what this thread is about. As long as it is always true for yourself personally.

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

well said ^ i think once we recognize our reality is essentially a projected image stemming from our own internal issues, we can begin to realize just how filtered this image is and just how rigid our personality has made us. this the beginning of self discovery.

Mmm.

Judgement often reflects the judger just as much as the judged.

* I will always eventually dislike people I have to compromise my principles for. So I refuse to compromise for friendship's sake.

Good one. Narrows down the friends list to just few:m051:

Maybe this is a little too deep, but this is inspired from the 'Just Be Yourself' thread.

To be oneself requires knowledge of oneself.

Knowledge requires belief and truth. Belief is inferred and truth is discovered.

So, what truths have you discovered about yourself that have helped you to be?

I've begun to discover the origins of my own selfishness and what I have for so long perceived to be "needs." I've been discovering that what I thought was real and important for me were only societal constructs and that all that I have been taught may not necessarily be truth.

I've discovered that who I am as a person is not who I had spent many years building myself to be, and that what I project to people often times is a half assed reflection of all that is inside me.

I've learned that despite the fact that I want to be true to myself, what I consider to be "myself" is in a constant state of change. I'm also so painfully Gemini that my mind changes on a daily basis about anything and everything, and it's hard for me to put down roots.

That being said, I've found that many of the things that I hold most important (my own personal values and goals) have stabilized and I'm able to start building upon them, albeit very slowly. I've started to shed all of my ideas of how the world operates and why it operates the way it does and I'm starting to see what's really going on beneath it all.

I've also discovered that I am on a path, and so to think that at 25 I am going to have it all figured out is really ridiculous. I have to stop indulging my ego into letting me feel so self important and entitled. And with that I've discovered a LOT of freedom.

I could go on forever.

Ok so far:

Personal value compared to others

Being of the same species

Existing

Death

Other than those, what else is there?

I think I would say that existence, perspective, and "an end" are my truths. For some reason I feel that the word "death" is too human of a word, hence my saying "an end." One could simplify it more by just saying truth is a beginning, a middle, and an end. These are the only certain things.

You don't have to live by their rules if you don't require their rewards.

This is something I tell myself so I don't get caught up in trying to be who everyone wants me to.

This made me smile.