What are your favorite healthy ways to engage Se? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What are your favorite healthy ways to engage Se?

Se seems to be more about sensations, and aesthetic appreciation.

Si seems to be more about coordination, postural awareness, and physical discipline.

I avoid Si activities, like martial arts, playing snooker/pool/billiards, dancing, gymnastics, yoga, etc. There are some Si activities which can sort of be done as Se: surfing (focusing on the feel of the water, the wind, and the board, as well as the visual beauty of the environment. Pistol shooting, tennis, etc, by developing reflex posture and coordination, etc.

Purely Se activities I enjoy are about immersion in where I am, instead of what I am doing: hiking outdoors in nature. I especially enjoy hiking in the wind and rain. Walking through snow, and feeling it crunch underfoot was something I enjoyed about Canada. Snorkeling is so friggin awesome. You can just lay in the water motionless, floating around over beautiful plants and animals, just enjoying the sights, the cool water, the swaying sensation of waves bobbing me around. ... Sigh..

My favourite is hiking in the summer, and when it feels like my head is going to crack open from the heat, stripping, and wedging myself between large rocks in a fast flowing river. It's like immersing myself in bubbling soda water. Every part of my body is delivering cooling releif and blissful delight.

Reactions: John K and worthy
Gardening. I detest getting dirty but seeing my plants happy is more than consolation for it.
Is that an Se task?
I think Se in involved in both: getting dirty and seeing your plants being happy :)

I would love to know what other things people to do engage Se in a healthy way
I make pictures with my cameras - it's a sublime blend of Se and Ni, with no F or T at all. It's pure looking without judgement.

Img20-07-01 173533.jpg

But a strong I type cannot ever experience pure Se. Look at people who are Se dominant and you can see their souls on the surface of their eyes - their self is outside them. INxJ can never be that because our souls look inward and we live on the inside of our eyes.

It's strange because Se is less accessible to INFJs yet more comfortable than the judging functions. F and J are full of obligations and they bind us to the 10,000 things, but life doesn't have to be that way.

F and J are full of obligations and they bind us to the 10,000 things, but life doesn't have to be that way.
I feel like this goes back to what you were saying earlier, that they're perceived in black & white terms.
Se doesn't tend to be black & white in the same way, it just is. There's a lot of release in that.

Reactions: John K
I feel like this goes back to what you were saying earlier, that they're perceived in black & white terms.
Se doesn't tend to be black & white in the same way, it just is. There's a lot of release in that.
I don't know if other dominant and inferior functions blend in the same way but the release in bringing Ni and Se together is wonderful, and like you say - it just is. At it's best I can become a sunset or a moonrise, and for a few moments that's all there is - sunset, moonrise :)

Reactions: dZpADTLrPmX4c