What are your favorite healthy ways to engage Se? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Featured What are your favorite healthy ways to engage Se?

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by worthy, Jun 8, 2019.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
More threads by worthy
  1. OP
    worthy

worthy Regular Poster

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I have noticed this! It is one of the reasons I meditate with my eyes OPEN instead of closed.

I have been noticing that doing housework seems to be an Se thing for me. (Organizing stuff, washing dishes, decluttering, cleaning, etc.)
    Stacking wood worked today! Also hiking.
    PT exercises are also in-body and therefore must be Se.
    This is seriously a new concept for me. Wish I had had this awareness sooner, but there is no time like the present.
    Being in my body and staying aware of that physicality is hard. Glad to understand why!

dragulagu, Asa and Hostarius like this.
  2. JennyDaniella

JennyDaniella Stargazer

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Huh. I thought I posted on this already! I probably deleted it by accident or something haha.

But here is what keeps me engaged with Se in a healthy and fulfilling way :)

1.) Lots of time with nature and being outside. I have to be outside for at least an hour or two. No ifs or buts. Even if it is rainy, super windy, or cold lol! I take at least some time to be outside and make sure to be in a safe place of course! Being outside is good for da soul. :)

2.) Oh boy---painting. I LOOOOVE to paint. I started painting since March and can't tell you how nice it is to create an image with colors through a paintbrush that your mind envisions. It is quite therapeutic. So I recommend painting to anyone who is curious to try!

3.) Cooking! I love to cook. Make it be baking, frying, grilling, etc, etc. Always been the major cook in my family and loved to cook since I was a wee little girl. It's pretty traditional in my family that daughters cook for the family, especially if you are Mexican heh! But cooking is nice to work with your hands and try out new things. :)

4.) Working out, walking, running, weight lifting. I like to go to the gym quite frequently. It helps a lot with mental clarity and you feel pretty good overall!

5.) Listening to music, reading books, and meditation. :)

Edit: And oh yeah! Writing! I enjoy writing quite heavily, especially in my journal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sassafras, dragulagu, Asa and 2 others like this.
  3. neko

neko poopie head

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    This such a good idea! I always end up getting lost in my head, and i think that serves its own purpose, but it would be nice to actually pay attention to things and engage my Se! <3333

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Asa and JennyDaniella like this.
  4. neko

neko poopie head

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Hey I didnt think about cooking and baking as an Se activity, but you're right! it totally is! Aw, I love that you cook for your family! <3333

Asa and JennyDaniella like this.
  5. Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Whoa, I would be so distracted if I meditated with my eyes open. (I find meditation difficult in general, though.) But yes, whatever it takes to keep your brain from going back to your comfort zone. Try training your brain to let Se dominate for 5, 10, 15 minutes and then come up for air and let your brain go back to its dominant state. You probably let Se dominate very naturally when you're in an unfamiliar place, or when you hear or see something you need to pay attention to, such as walking down a dark street at night or hearing a noise in the woods.

Yes, cooking is Se and baking is detail-oriented! Great example!

Hostarius, dragulagu and neko like this.
  6. A Guy

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    I would say look for a conservation area with multiple activities. Biking, hiking, water sports etc and see what interests them. I have also found playing instruments engages my Se.

Hostarius likes this.