What are you afraid of? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What are you afraid of?

Really, down to your absolute depths. Tap into your subconscious. What are the things that scare the absolute shit out of you?

I want you to face them. Not with anger, but with courage.

Because I know what's on the other side of it. And it's worth it.

It will transform you.
Running outta time before I can accomplish something truly great.

1200px-McDonalds_Molded_Pulp_Drink_Tray_Top.jpg

Truthfully.... I hate these things. The feel of them always gives me goosebumps. Ever since I was a kid. #truefear

I don't know if it's fear exactly, but I get a strong unpleasant physical reaction (Synthesia?) from the thought of sharks and from little blobs of clotted blood. Even though I enjoy swimming in the ocean, I often get a tingling pain in my limbs if I think about sharks swimming around in the water. Even writing this makes me uncomfortable.

*Shiver*

Fear of being in situations that are out of my control that are caused by other people. For instance a car crosses into your lane and is driving directly towards you on the highway and you don't have enough time to act. I fear severe injury, not just my own, but other people being injured. I don't really fear death as much as I fear the death of people that are close to me. I fear accidents and violence, more than death. I'm really calm in stressful situations, my subconscious and or adrenaline or something else like autopilot kicks in and I know what to do and how to help. I probably would have made a good ambulance attendant or paramedic. Just because I'm good in these situations does not mean that I do not fear them happening though.

Spot on for me as well for the point in bold.

Last edited:
Reactions: CosmicINFJ
y tho?

It's round two.

Perhaps, like many, you're really afraid of not doing something great in life or fulfilling a larger purpose before you die. This is common, and you aren't alone. Do not fear.

Reactions: flower
y tho?

It's round two.

Perhaps, like many, you're really afraid of not doing something great in life or fulfilling a larger purpose before you die. This is common, and you aren't alone. Do not fear.

Yeah, that could be the reason and also not knowing what happens after death (if anything happens at all?), like then being in some endless pitch black darkness alone forever etc. Even though that shouldn't even matter because then being dead anyways.

Reactions: Scientia and Gaze
Yeah, that could be the reason and also not knowing what happens after death (if anything happens at all?), like then being in some endless pitch black darkness alone forever etc. Even though that shouldn't even matter because then being dead anyways.

I know what happens...

Fear not! You don't have to worry.

Reactions: Gaze and flower
A lot that has been already mentioned.
Hurting someone, feeling worthless, rejection, violence...

Also, getting lost, both figuratively and physically.
And the possibility of one day realizing that my efforts, all the waiting,
in pursuit of my ultimate goal, may have been in vain.

The only thing I am truly afraid of is myself and losing control of my wilder side.

Sometimes, there isn't anything wrong in indulging your wilder sides. Part of living is making the mistakes you choose to dive in and experience, because you WANT to. Life is too short to bar yourself and not indulge in your happiness, despite how unknown it may be for you right now.

Reactions: Gaze and Scientia
My biggest fear is not finding my calling in life, and just leading a very boring life in which nothing happens.. to wake up one day in my 80's regretting that I did not do certain things to make my life more worthwhile.

I have had a lot of fears and I've been able to face most of them, but the one I cannot face... the one so terrifying that I don't dare think of it but the fear lurks there in the background...

I typed it but I'm not even gonna post it... meh... bleh... hope it doesn't have an effect on my day *shakes morbid feelings off* ouuuuu!

I have had a lot of fears and I've been able to face most of them, but the one I cannot face... the one so terrifying that I don't dare think of it but the fear lurks there in the background...

I typed it but I'm not even gonna post it... meh... bleh... hope it doesn't have an effect on my day *shakes morbid feelings off* ouuuuu!
Am i supposed to pretend im not curious.

To be alone
Heights/falling
Making everything worse
Being everything I hate