What are the important things in relationship according to you ? | INFJ Forum

What are the important things in relationship according to you ?

shellyw0

Apr 27, 2009
MBTI
nokia
There are many factors which make a good relation of every shape. Just like a perfect eating dishes need many ingredients so that it tastes perfect.

So what are those things which you think that your relationship can be better and live.

For me

# Great Sense of Humour
# Down to earth
# Able to keep flame alive in every format:m055:

I won't get close to someone unless they have:

A sense of honor (people who don't have ideals for how they treat themselves will probably try to treat me like shit).
Loyalty (if there's no trust there's no significant relationship)
Humility (to admit a mistake or success)
Sincerity and truth (to tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear)
Some common interests
Care/love for the good of the other

Meeting the other persons needs, as this also meets my need to be useful and live up to my ideal of being a loving partner.

The freedom to pursue my own interests and have alone time, within the context of a supportive relationship. I would of course grant this freedom to my partner.

Fidelity.

Mutual goals - the important one for me is to raise a family in the future, and for them to be brought up with love rather than worldly expectations.

Fun! To be able to act like a kid sometimes and for my partner to join in. Also to share adventures and explorations in the world, in ideas and in bed ;)

what FA said

Trust
Honesty
Communication
Humor
Ability to allow eachother to grow and explore
Similar life style ideals
Enough difference to allow space
The understanding that you cannot force a person to change
Similar moral and ethical ideals
Similar need for space and closeness
Sex

# Great Sense of Humour
# Down to earth
# Able to keep flame alive in every format:m055:[/quote]
you are so right
also feeling comfortable so you can talk

What are the important things in relationships according to you?

Freedom
Trust
Backing each other up
Sex

Great list and pretty mch what I want as well. I would add only that the sex must be passionate, adventurous, imaginative, but maybe that goes without saying.

I agree with what people said above. But, I also wanted to add that I want intimacy as well. Not just in terms of physical, but in terms of someone opening up their soul to me. I want to be accepted exactly as I am, and I want somone who is comfortable showing exactly who they are to me, too.

I agree with what people said above. But, I also wanted to add that I want intimacy as well. Not just in terms of physical, but in terms of someone opening up their soul to me. I want to be accepted exactly as I am, and I want somone who is comfortable showing exactly who they are to me, too.

Emotional Intimacy?

That and Personal Growth I'd say are most important to me. Most other stuff goes without saying.