Weird cognitive functions results | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Weird cognitive functions results

What site are you using for your normal mbti testing? I've seen some bad tests. I normally have people use the one at 16 personalities that have not been exposed to MBTI before. I also think the more time you spend with these tests the more you answer with how you think you should answer to get the results you want.

To get into some of the deep function analysis I did some paid tests.
I used your test and it gave me INFP.
6e4.jpg

:tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:

It’s a good job my car knows where it’s going when I’m driving ...,,

Haha! I'm just waiting on those self driving cars so I don't even have to stress about all that. I know my incompetencies lol.

Until then, people better watch out for me on the road!

That's perplexing

giphy.gif

I’m very much on this page. Our inferior is supposed to be the least conscious of all the functions - the one furthest away from our conscious control. The others, the ones not mentioned in our stack, are not as far away as the inferior. Jung warned that attempts to develop conscious control of the inferior can cause psychological harm, based on his experience with his patients. Personally, I used my very obvious inferior Se to help confirm my own primary Ni at a time when I wasn’t quite sure from the literature what it should actually feel like within. E.g. The evidence of the bruises on my shins is quite tangible lol.

Damn John, noooooo! You're pulling me back toward INFJ, haha.

Or is this part of your secret master plan? :smilingimp:

Damn John, noooooo! You're pulling me back toward INFJ, haha.

Or is this part of your secret master plan? :smilingimp:
Lol

Did you ever really leave? It’s fun playing at INFP though - every INFJ should be able to keep it up for a while ;).

jk ...

?

Lol

Did you ever really leave? It’s fun playing at INFP though - every INFJ should be able to keep it up for a while ;).

jk ...

?

No, I didn't really.... To use a somewhat vulgar but vivid French expression, j'ai le cul entre deux chaises. :sweatsmile:

@java will appreciate this

I know right! Kidding!

I thought it funny that the test gave INFP results for Reason. Then I thought about what if that was my mastermind approach. Insert a bad test that would murky the waters even further. My humor can get a little obtuse at times. Especially when I'm in the rare mood to amuse only myself.

(Reason is clearly an INTP)

Any progress Ren on that front? INFP or INFJ? (I know this is a can of worms!)

Any progress Ren on that front? INFP or INFJ? (I know this is a can of worms!)

You know not your peril ....

Hmmmm not really. You're going to think this is very silly, but I almost got used to the idea that my type is INFx, as if that was a genuine type :sweatsmile:

Imagine the comfort though, you get to have Ni, Ne, Fi, Fe, Ti, Te, Si and Se! All ze functions :sunglasses: But a man without a shadow...

More seriously, I think my confusion comes from the fact that when I get near to finally embracing INFP as natural, I seem to Fe; by contrast, when I get near to I finally (re)embracing INFJ as natural, I seem to Fi. And that doesn't really make sense at all, ha!

Hmmmm not really. You're going to think this is very silly, but I almost got used to the idea that my type is INFx, as if that was a genuine type :sweatsmile:

Imagine the comfort though, you get to have Ni, Ne, Fi, Fe, Ti, Te, Si and Se! All ze functions :sunglasses: But a man without a shadow...

More seriously, I think my confusion comes from the fact that when I get near to finally embracing INFP as natural, I seem to Fe; by contrast, when I get near to I finally (re)embracing INFJ as natural, I seem to Fi. And that doesn't really make sense at all, ha!
I think it may be a symptom of the ambiguity of 5 <-> 4 Enneagram. There’s a large gap between these in the diagram and I think this is real rather than just a bit of artistic license. It means we can flip between these two behaviourally as well as just blending them. Of course there’s more to it than that because not all people in this space will have the same ambiguity issue as you with MBTI but it’s worth playing with. I certainly catch myself changing mode between these two E states.