Vaccines Debate | Page 38 | INFJ Forum

Vaccines Debate

Here is a study done by one of my own psychology professors. I will quote the abstract:

Three times as many cases of measles were reported in the United States in 2014 as in 2013. The reemergence of measles has been linked to a dangerous trend: parents refusing vaccinations for their children. Efforts have been made to counter people’s antivaccination attitudes by providing scientific evidence refuting vaccination myths, but these interventions have proven ineffective. This study shows that highlighting factual information about the dangers of communicable diseases can positively impact people’s attitudes to vaccination. This method outperformed alternative interventions aimed at undercutting vaccination myths.

This does make a lot of sense. No one could ever prove that vaccines are 100% safe. There will always be that what-if factor, no matter how unlikely that factor is. However, it is easy to establish that it is riskier and more dangerous to not get vaccinated. Then people can think even though both are not perfect, getting a vaccine is better than risking infection. I thought this was interesting, and I liked that my professor was a co-author :)

EDIT:
Lol, I forgot to link the article....hahaha
http://www.pnas.org/content/112/33/10321.abstract

Last edited:
What is it like to be the student of a thrall?

What is it like to be the student of a thrall?

Either you are being sarcastic, or you're not. If you are not, then seriously? A straw-man objection? :m025:
If you are being sarcastic, then I think that is not necessary.

I have become seriously tired recently of people who inflame rather than discuss things. Insulting rather than reasoning. Teasing rather than helping (or leaving). Yes, there is that set of people who think in that way, but I don't care. If they are so extreme in their belief that they assume they know someone they have never met simply by the content of an abstract of a paper...by the point that they argue...then I don't bother with them. They are beyond reason. I'm tired of those who do not reason. I'm tired of those who do not think. I'm tired of those who do not care. :frusty:

BTW, this is not directed at you Stu, this is just a description of my disposition :yo:

Got a flu shot this week, I did not ask it it was packed with 5g microbes.
tumblr_on2fgyNX4K1w6skpso2_1280.gif

Reactions: Wyote
Got a flu shot this week, I did not ask it it was packed with 5g microbes.
tumblr_on2fgyNX4K1w6skpso2_1280.gif

Welcome to the transhumanism elite class, friend

Reactions: Stu
Not a debate.

The paranoia surrounding this topic, especially in North America is unfortunate, people exaggerate like every physician is Josef Mengele.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Jolanda
Yes, it should be mandatory for children to be vaccinated in order to enter school, unless they have a legitimate medical reason for not being able to be vaccinated. In fact, the children who cannot be vaccinated depend on the "herd immunity" of the vaccinated. AHHHHHHH! :poutingcat:

Yes, it should be mandatory for children to be vaccinated in order to enter school, unless they have a legitimate medical reason for not being able to be vaccinated. In fact, the children who cannot be vaccinated depend on the "herd immunity" of the vaccinated. AHHHHHHH! :poutingcat:
wewantyou2.jpg

Reactions: neko
I want to punch those who don't vaccinate their children in the fucking face.

Too many times I have seen and heard cases of children who contract measles and nearly die to the selfishness and idiocy parents do, rare cases they spread it to other children who didn't get vaccinated either.

End of rant.

Namaste.

I've changed my stance on this issue. Over the years I've decided that people are just too dumb to decide things like this.

Why Kennedy Sued the Government Over Vaccine Safety & Won
Vaccine Safety, Parenting

In recent news, the Informed Consent Action Network (ICAN) and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. sued the United States government and won in an issue regarding vaccine safety. According to a legal document entitled, "Mandate for Safer Childhood Vaccines," Health and Human Services (HHS) has openly admitted to not having filed any vaccine safety reports in over 30 years.

n May 2017, ICAN Founder, Del Bigtree, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.. as well as other parties concerned about vaccine safety were selected by the White House to conduct a meeting with the Counselor to the Secretary of HHS, the heads of the National Institute of Health, NIH, the Center for Disease Control, CDC, and Food and the Drug Administration, FDA. Del Bigtree and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. suspected that HHS was not fulfilling its critical vaccine safety obligations as required by Congress in The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986.

"The 1986 Act granted unprecedented, economic immunity to pharmaceutical companies for injuries caused by their products and eviscerated economic incentive for them to manufacture safe vaccine products or improve the safety of existing vaccine products. Congress therefore charged the Secretary of HHS with the explicit responsibility to assure vaccine safety.

Hence, since 1986, HHS has had the primary and virtually sole responsibility to make and assure improvements in the licensing, manufacturing, adverse reaction reporting, research, safety and efficacy testing of vaccines in order to reduce the risk of adverse vaccine reactions. In order to assure HHS meets its vaccine safety obligations, Congress required as part of the 1986 Act that the Secretary of HHS submit a biennial reports to Congress detailing the improvements in vaccine safety made by HHS in the preceding two years."

In an effort to gain access to these safety reports, ICAN filed a Freedom of Information Act request In August of 2017 to the HHS only to be blocked from receiving information for over eight months. Do to this delay, ICAN and Kennedy were forced to bring a lawsuit against HHS to provide copies of these reports to Congress or to admit that they never actually filed these reports.

"The result of the lawsuit is that HHS had to finally and shockingly admit that it never, not even once, submitted a single biennial report to Congress detailing the improvements in vaccine safety. This speaks volumes to the seriousness by which vaccine safety is treated at HHS and heightens the concern that HHS doesn’t have a clue as to the actual safety profile of the now 29 doses, and growing, of vaccines given by one year of age."
https://www.aimintegrativemedicine....y-sued-the-government-over-vaccine-safety-won

I want to punch those who don't vaccinate their children in the fucking face.

Too many times I have seen and heard cases of children who contract measles and nearly die to the selfishness and idiocy parents do, rare cases they spread it to other children who didn't get vaccinated either.

End of rant.
100% this.

Imagine all those vaccine-preventable diseases making a return. So much needless suffering.

I wonder if in the future, historians will say that the anti-vacc episode was an example of mass-hysteria or proof of evolutionary pressures still acting within civilisation. Whatever it is it's pretty grim.

BTW I'm sending apologies from the UK for the whole Dr Wakefield thing.

Reactions: Wyote and neko