Up | INFJ Forum

Up

SpoofyMcPoof

Community Member
Dec 6, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Ok, so who else loved this movie? I especially liked Dug the dog. I have never seen a cartoon movie that got dog mannerisims so spot on, even the speech. I enjoyed how they didn't humanize his movements or anything because it added a bit of beleivability to it.

My faveorite moments:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-CBs0XNlM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui9Mm63zpfE[/YOUTUBE]

If you haven't seen this movie go get it. I never buy movies and I bought this movie, that's how highly I think of it.

I liked this movie a lot too. Having kids I see all the Disney/Pixar stuff. I must say though that many are calling this the best Pixar flick ever! Come on, better than Toy Story?! I don't think so. I would put it in the top 10 along with ones like TS, The Incredibles, The Little Mermaid, and a few others. The latest excellent movie always tends to be "The Greatest" of alltime. That's how we work.

I just think that..........SQUIRREL!!!!!!! :sorry:

Loved it!
Honestly, I've always wanted to fly away with hundreds of balloons carrying me! And I want a talking dog fixated on squirrels.:pout:

Anyone else cry at the beginning when she died?

Saw it a while back, I quite enjoyed it (though I must admit I didn't think it was nearly as good as WALL-E).

InnerFlame00 said:
I especially liked Dug the dog. I have never seen a cartoon movie that got dog mannerisims so spot on, even the speech. I enjoyed how they didn't humanize his movements or anything because it added a bit of beleivability to it.

Doug was great, apart from the opening sequence of the movie he was my favourite part. I'm sure that whoever it was at Pixar who came up with him must have seen this episode of Dexter's Laboratory though, they even look the same!:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvhj2YdSDo[/YOUTUBE]

I must say though that many are calling this the best Pixar flick ever! Come on, better than Toy Story?! I don't think so. I would put it in the top 10 along with ones like TS, The Incredibles, The Little Mermaid, and a few others.

The Little Mermiad is not a Pixar movie.[/pedantry] :tongue1:

Nothing beats the little mermaid except beauty and the beast.

Saw it a while back, I quite enjoyed it (though I must admit I didn't think it was nearly as good as WALL-E).

The Little Mermiad is not a Pixar movie.[/pedantry] :tongue1:

I know that, if you look at my post I said "Disney/Pixar" movies. I grouped them together. Then I said just Pixar later in the post. Sorry for being confusing. I am grouping both together in my thoughts for this post.

Last edited:
Disney ruled when I was a kid. As an adult I love Pixar!!!! I think they are amazing and also a very lovable family that works so well together it translates on film.

Up, Incredibles, A Bugs Life, Finding Nemo all wonderful

I LOVE them! Up was fantastic. So fun and creative.

Additionally I love Miasaki movies. The new ones are hard to come by.
Castle in the Clouds (classic), Kiki's Delivery Service (witch coming of age story), Whispers of the Heart, All wonderful

I'm pretty certain that the Explorer was an ENTP. I felt really sorry for him because it was obvious that isolation had driven him into paranoia and insanity.

Those bastards at the explorers club were just jealous.

Anyone else cry at the beginning when she died?
Not doing so was far harder than I expected from an animated film.

I thought that Up was a wonderful, heartwarming film that showed a lot of interesting views. Finding wisdom in the innocence of a child was something I was glad to see make it's way into the movie world, and watching Carl (forgive me if I got the name wrong) grow such a substantial amount is a nice show that even in an older age we have much that we can learn from others. Plus I'm a sucker for adventurous tones, and flight is always a wonderful medium for that (another nod to why Miyazaki films are amazing from me there as well).

I was also impressed with how quickly the film brings a bond between the viewer and the characters. I think that was probably one of the better jobs I've seen Pixar do with that personally, since normally there's still a bit of a feel of detachment on my end of the spectrum.

Also, as an avid dog lover, Doug (again, I'm awful with names so I'm hoping that's right) is pretty much awesome. The body language and other quirks were very nicely accurate for the most part.

I'd still say that Wall-E is probably the Pixar film I've been most impressed with for a number of reasons, but Up was most definitely worth watching, and I certainly would again.

I liked Up but it's not one of the greatest.
Sadly when I watched it I had trouble hearing the bloody thing as everything around me was so noisy, that's the trouble with viewing stuff on planes I suppose.
I liked the leader dog's voice better before it was fixed
:sad: