Underdeveloped / immature INFJs

Trifoilum

find wisdom, build hope.
Dec 27, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
A question, a troubling thought, a form of paranoia and self-criticizing of mine has manifested :p

I won't assume, so here's the quick question : What do you think a bad (or immature, or undeveloped) INFJ would like? What would they do, said, act, feel?
Have you meet or interacted with one?

Last edited:
Just think about what undeveloped or improperly used Ni and Fe would be like.

In short an immature INFJ usually is very uncertain of themselves. Not sure what direction to take in life. Often becomes very fantical about intuitive insights and can treat them as gospel. Can be very afraid of people, or become very choosy of who they associate with. Often has social problems from reading into people too much. Either totally emotionally flat, or far too emotional.

They'd look like they need a hug. :hug:

The lack of development in their judging function for balance leads to all sorts of social problems I suppose. Like Indigo said they may put too much on their perception and thus become over idealistic, make plans that never following through, become totally impractical and unable to deal with reality because of Ni. Just my theory.

Reactions: Raccoon Love

In short an immature INFJ usually is very uncertain of themselves. Not sure what direction to take in life. Often becomes very fantical about intuitive insights and can treat them as gospel. Can be very afraid of people, or become very choosy of who they associate with. Often has social problems from reading into people too much. Either totally emotionally flat, or far too emotional.

They'd look like they need a hug. :hug:

+1 lol, Though I can relate to his description of immaturity in some way, since I am often uncertain of myself, become avoidant, and can appear both emotionally flat and overly emotional at times, I guess I need to develop my functions more, also my past experiences have been keeping me from fully come to my potential..but I am working on becoming a mature INFJ myself lol and hope to make the posiitves of my type stand out...

Last edited:
To use a couple of the words Indi used, "immature" and "underdeveloped" would be how I would describe them.

Immature/unerdeveloped INFJs act childlike, adolescent, having a lot of growing up to do. In general, this applies to all types - not just INFJs, you'll see a lack of taking responsibility for their actions/behavior and a large, if not complete, denial of pride, fear, and selfishness in their soul.

Hmm, Indigo, who have you been calling? This is/was me not so long ago.

Like Indigo said they may put too much on their perception and thus become over idealistic, make plans that never following through, become totally impractical and unable to deal with reality because of Ni. Just my theory.
+1 too :)

+1 lol, Though I can relate to his description of immaturity in some way, since I am often uncertain of myself, become avoidant, and can appear both emotionally flat and overly emotional at times, I guess I need to develop my functions more, also my past experiences have been keeping me from fully come to my potential..but I am working on becoming a mature INFJ myself lol and hope to make the posiitves of my type stand out...

I'm personally still learning and indeed, according to that definition, still fall within the immaturity trap (to me, especially concerning reality and ideals, and treating intuition as gospels (or simply truth)), but methinks learning is a never ending process.

To use a couple of the words Indi used, "immature" and "underdeveloped" would be how I would describe them.
Ah; yes, more correct. I'd probably should change the title.

Last edited:
So many uses of the term "them".
Crow's left eye extends, makes a right turn, then another, and eyeballs his right eye.
Eeeeekkkkkkk!!!!!!!

...flaps off to be alone...

Crow's left eye extends, makes a right turn, then another, and eyeballs his right eye.
Eeeeekkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Victim mentality, too much whining, no responsibility for their actions/ situation?

Lol - good point, Crow. I think it may have turned out they way because Trifoilum asked 'if' bad INFJs exist and what they 'would' be like. So maybe everyone subconsciously was answering it from a hypothetical point of view.

Last edited:
Eeeeekkkkkkk!!!!!!!

bahahaha

Lot of them are emotionally needy and need constant advising and guidance, but rarely take the advice to heart and use it. also lack of courage and selfishness.

Lol - good point, Crow. I think it may have turned out they way because Trifoilum asked 'if' bad INFJs exist and what they 'would' be like. So maybe everyone subconsciously was answering it from a hypothetical point of view.

Aaaah, so that's the meaning. Indeed, good point.

As for me, I admit I'm kinda afraid that using a first PoV ("do you consider yourself a bad INFJ?" or something similar) would make it...somewhat of a personal attack. :(

INFJ knows it all.
But doesn't know what to do with it.

INFJ knows it all.
But doesn't know what to do with it.
so knowing what to do with it makes one INFJ a mature one?

I really think INFJs are selfless by nature even if they are immature. If anything, they would be overly idealistic about selflessness.
uuuh, it's just me but some examples would be deeply appreciated. Please? >_<;

It certainly helps.
Then I take it knowing and actually doing it would go beyond that?

uuuh, it's just me but some examples would be deeply appreciated. Please? >_<;

Overly indignant self righteousness based on their ideals which they can't actually put into action or a shallow pondering on deep issues that don't have the facility to put into motion, so too much perception with insufficient judgement.

Wait... I'm just describing myself when I was 14... :suspicious: