Underdeveloped / immature INFJs | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Underdeveloped / immature INFJs

My INFJ problems:

Fi: I think I have real issues with this function. I never ever feel like a good person. I cannot accept my flaws. I'm getting closer, but it's very very difficult for me.
I have the exact same problem. I have periods of uncertainty and self-loathing where I think constantly about my shortcomings, which make me feel like an unworthy human being. I know there are people in the world who have worser flaws, but that doesn't make it any less painful to take! I think it's something that will get better with time and with experience. What we're going through is probably some kind of transitional period, which, when we emerge out the other side, will make us a better and stronger person for it. Well....that's what I hope anyway. :-/

I have the exact same problem. I have periods of uncertainty and self-loathing where I think constantly about my shortcomings, which make me feel like an unworthy human being. I know there are people in the world who have worser flaws, but that doesn't make it any less painful to take! I think it's something that will get better with time and with experience. What we're going through is probably some kind of transitional period, which, when we emerge out the other side, will make us a better and stronger person for it. Well....that's what I hope anyway. :-/

I can relate, I feel guilty for things that others would not even consider as something to feel bad about. For example if someone hurt my feelings and I actually tell them, I feel as though I am being impatient sometimes and thus by extension, somewhat hypocritical. Another thing much like this is that I feel guilty for feeling sad, there are people that go through so much more emotional pain that mine probably would be an infinitesimal spec in comparison to.That being said however I still " love" my Fi

Last edited:
infjunaware.jpg
Sad but true...and sometimes hilarious

avoidant, cynical, distrustful, boastful, provocative, hyper-sensitive, elitist, over-protective, lustful, angry, impatient, over-critical, self-defeating, martyrs, accusing, resentful, envious, vain, manipulative, narcissistic, hasty, stubborn, vigilant, paranoid about endless conspiracies, preoccupied, reading tons of non-applicable literature, repeating and re-emphasizing the same things, gossiping, tactless, hurting people's weakest spots, know-it-alls, unruly, shameless, heretic, scandalous, inspiring followers to try impossible missions, playing the victim, irrational, unstable, not sleeping, not resting, requiring the same unhealthy practices of others, idealistically supporting tyrants, idealistically rebelling, dismissing other opinions, dismissing people who aren't well-read, naive, using ad hominem, quick to love and hate things, old fashioned, odd fashioned, strong bias towards those they care about, favouritism, inefficient spending - either too conservative, or too liberal, unable to take criticism well, gullible to praise and acclaim, not very body conscious, often in trouble with the physical world, accident-prone, expecting too much of others, over-valuing someone's potential, nitpicking, procrastinating, daydreaming, pessimistic

and the worst of all: irresistible :D

one just wants to smack them {}

OMG, this really sums my journals and behavior from high school days. About irresistible I don't know, but I do want to smack myself after reading some of those journals. This might be the best description I've read about immature INFJs. Good job, enfp can be shy, I guess you had a lot of experience with INFJs. :D

Totally depends on which function is underdeveloped. So have an over developed Ti and can be overly analytical. Some have heightened Se. Some underdeveloped Fe. I don't think an INFJ can have an inferior Ni no matter what. It is the one you always had. Never needed to develop. Just there. So we rule that out.
If your Ti is overdeveloped, you will be the INTJ/INTP type of INFJ and be impersonal or anti social I should say.
If over developed Se, then maybe an artist. Can't see that as a bad thing. Maybe if you have sensory disorder where you are too sensitive to touch. That really is a disorder. Maybe sensitive to texture. Not a huge problem compared to other problems.
Underdeveloped Fe, or immature I should say, is the worst. You'll act inappropriately in regard to your feelings.
Maybe Fe is too strong and makes you a pushover. Point is, there are a lot of ways to mess up being the otherwise wonderful INFJ. Personally, I need to open up to people. My Fe is strong when I actually do interact. Sometimes my glassed fog up when I am talking because I get so excited and giddy.