Type April | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Type April

Hi April,

I think one would have to be blind not to see that you use Fe over Fi. Your Fe is all over your posts; it is your most visible function. You also seem to be an intuitive type, which would make you xNFJ. Now, as it happens I strongly believe that you are an introvert, based on a video I saw of you making a presentation for university (I hope my memory is not betraying me here!) So it should follow that you are an INFJ. The only tricky thing for me is that your Fe is more obvious than your Ni. But I don't really see any alternative to this typing. The only possible alternative, which I personally don't subscribe to, would be ENFJ.
Thanks for the input, Ren!
No, youre correct, I did send you a link to to that for purposes just like this, lol. You can also see my Ni at work in that video lol.

I dont have access to it anymore though or I'd shre here.

The only videos I have are before I had gastric bypass talking about food addiction and depression lol. That was in 2015 or 2016. Lol. I need to go back on my diet, Ive gained and its not good for my health!

I agree that there is an inner need, and that it is quite present. But what is this need? To get feeling validation from the tribe.

That's very Fe imo. Compare with ENFPs like sass and peppermint to see the difference.

ENFP's Fi does not need validation from the tribe. April (if I'm being frank) really does, and that's, well, acknowledgement that tribe-feeling comes before self-feeling when it comes not to emotion but to judgement. We should always keep in mind that Fi and Fe are judgement functions, not emotional ones.
Hmm. I'm not sure I buy that.

ENFPs definitely need validation from the tribe. In fact, I can't think of a single type that doesn't, it's just that they each go about protecting themselves from this need in different ways.

What I can say is that if April were ENFP, then her Te is very suppressed. ENFPs, in my experience (both online and in rl) tend to have a pronounced rational streak.

What about ISFP?

I agree, there's really no case for any other type other than ENFJ and there are reasons for appearing ENFJ-like sometimes and in certain circumstances
Yes, and there are times when its not there at all, like when I am socially exhausted (happens quite a bit) and REALLY keep to myself including feelings. But maybe thats just an introvert thing?

ENFPs definitely need validation from the tribe. In fact, I can't think of a single type that doesn't, it's just that they each go about protecting themselves from this need in different ways.

Yes sorry, I meant that in a feeling judgement situation, tribe has more weight than self. Self matters but tribe has more weight.

That's the case with Fe, the inverse with Fi. At least this is how I see it, and it makes sense (I'm with Davesuperpowers on this).

April, consider watching this video and tell us what you relate to more:

I think your Fi is the most prominent thing about you.

Coupled with a dreamy imagination and a tendency to hope that you aren't 'too much' for people.

FP I'd say.

ENFP perhaps.

Your 'Fe' doesn't work like Fe, because the 'gushyness' proceeds from an inner need, proceeds from your feelings rather than a concern with the feelings of others.

When you exhibit Fe, it's an unnatural reflex and you do it begrudgingly. You don't want to have to constrain your feelings.
That is an interesting perspective! I would disagree though with one thing possibly two, that mainly, the feelings of others are more important than my own, but there is a need to be validated and it can hurt when thats not fulfilled. However what is more important to me at my core... is them and their happiness, and if it doesnt suit them to reciprocate, well, thats just not what they want or need and even though it can hurt when Im being extra sensitive, its not like that most of the time. The second thing is, I dont believe I use Fe begrudgingly, because that is THE most natural thing about me other than seeing the patterns and making my judgements inwardly, coming up with things like predictions about people I sometimes cant explain. I do want to share my feelings, what feels begrudging to me is that I know others arent like me, and they may not accept much less reciprocate, so that is where my hesitation or... even anxiety about it, if you will, comes in.

Great input though! I always love to see different perspectives, and your words give me much food for thought, seriously. Because well, what if how I see myself isnt "true" and the way you see it is, and without bias? That speaks for everyone who gives input here though!

I agree that there is an inner need, and that it is quite present. But what is this need? To get feeling validation from the tribe.

That's very Fe imo. Compare with ENFPs like sass and peppermint to see the difference.

ENFP's Fi does not need validation from the tribe. April (if I'm being frank) really does, and that's, well, acknowledgement that tribe-feeling has priority over self-feeling when it comes not to emotion but to judgement. We should always keep in mind that Fi and Fe are judgement functions, not emotional ones.
I agree with this, I desperately want validation from the tribe. My self worth used to depend on this. Now, as I grow in confidence, I tend to say to myself "I know my worth, it just isn't right for them, and that's okay"
The thing I will add is that tribe trumps self. I am but one person and they, with all their collective worth, experience, feeling, wants, etc... should be looked as as the priority. But IF I am part of the tribe, its like... a whole. If I can explain it right lol.

Hmm. I'm not sure I buy that.

What I can say is that if April were ENFP, then her Te is very suppressed. ENFPs, in my experience (both online and in rl) tend to have a pronounced rational streak.

What about ISFP?
Heh, I actually do have a rational streak, its just not very present here. (And I dont listen to it as much as I should) And its not as pronounced as say, other types. But meh, lets just say Im a mystery. :p Im gonna watch those videos you guys posted in a sec.

I agree with this, I desperately want validation from the tribe. My self worth used to depend on this. Now, as I grow in confidence, I tend to say to myself "I know my worth, it just isn't right for them, and that's okay"
The thing I will add is that tribe trumps self. I am but one person and they, with all their collective worth, experience, feeling, wants, etc... should be looked as as the priority. But IF I am part of the tribe, its like... a whole. If I can explain it right lol.

F E

:p

How do you see yourself?
Extremely complicated. In order from greatest to least.. Id say intuitive first. I can get these vibes from people I've just met and I usually am right. I take in many things about them in a short amount of time and compare it to what I have seen before in my life. But I hardly ever share these judgments because for one, its not fair to them to count my judgment as a truth. Its just what I feel.

Extremely. Idealistic mostly, but can be a realist in certain situations. This is probably where that dreaminess comes to play. I love to imagine situations and play them out. I often imagine being successful at nursing to help motivate me, and I often replay sad or happy memories in my head and wondered what I could have done differently... etc. This is extremely helpful for writing!

Then Id say that I have very intense emotion at times, and if I dont get an outlet for that it can become stressful. Other times, I have less emotional energy and I feel a bit numb and need to retreat and not interact at all. Maybe play games or research an interesting topic, and if bothered I can become a bitch. You guys hardly ever see this though! Because its mainly people in person who know me and know I need to recharge and yet they do it anyway. Even if they dont understand my need, I still can be bitchy but then I try to understand their perspective and see what it is they need from me.

I bet you guys cant imagine me being a bitch, can you? Well to those who know me well, I can. If I have confidence they will stick around :p

Now, as I grow in confidence, I tend to say to myself "I know my worth, it just isn't right for them, and that's okay"

Git gud

@April, you do have a kind of exuberant energy that I don't really see from INFJs. That's the only thing I'm personally unsure about.

You're a force of excitability, and Ne-Fi can exhibit that.
I think I see what is causing you to think this. I mainly interact on here when in one of those high energy states, lol. And it's natural I would come to you and the others I feel closest to on here because you guys have my confidence that you won't run off because of it lol. I mean there's exceptions, I've overwhelmed Ren before I think, and possibly you too, but you guys are still my friends and that gives me security that well, it's a true friendship.

Maybe I should purposefully interact with yall when in a low energy state, but, honestly, then, I have very little to say lol. Unless a friend is in need or something.

I'm still chewing on your words though! I don't throw them ot the window at all!

I'm still chewing on your words though! I don't throw them ot the window at all!

Yes, I encourage you to ponder @Deleted member 16771's words and even try to imagine being an Fi user.

It would be really useful if the thread could help you to envisage those different possibilities concretely, even if the end result should be that your conviction about being INFJ remains or even gets stronger.

Yes, I encourage you to ponder @Deleted member 16771's words and even try to imagine being an Fi user.

It would be really useful if the thread could help you to envisage those different possibilities concretely, even if the end result should be that your conviction about being INFJ remains or even gets stronger.
Of course! Even if it remains the same, there is always the possibility that I am wrong, lol. I usually don't believe things a hundred percent anyway, unless it's something like the fact that Oxygen is in the air we breathe. :p Even then it's like, is it really though? What if all these things we think we know... are false? Lol

Hey @April

I strongly feel that you have dom Fi, but I can't prove that, I'm afraid, so take this with a grain of salt. I hope none of this comes across as offensive or like I'm trying to pry into your personal life, these are just my impressions.

I intuitively get the sense that your "need to please others and be accepted" may be something else. I see it as more of a need to placate others to avoid real or perceived harm coming to you. I feel this is a defense mechanism or an adaptation that has something to do with your life story, maybe a history of abuse or rejection, maybe feelings of inadequacy or disenfranchisement, or neglect by people in community or family. I often get the feeling you feel that you are maybe overlooked or taken for granted by others. Your sensitivity, which is admittedly there "feels" very Fi to me.