Type April | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Type April

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by April, Jun 13, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
More threads by April
  1. Ren

    Ren Pin's android / The Maker

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2017
    Threads:
    55
    Messages:
    11,490
    Featured Threads:
    29
    Likes Received:
    88,794
    Trophy Points:
    4,246
    Location:
    Dublin
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    458 ∨ 451
    Oooh. The plot thickens!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, mintoots and 4 others like this.
  2. OP
    April

    April Well-known member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Threads:
    25
    Messages:
    3,682
    Featured Threads:
    16
    Likes Received:
    21,792
    Trophy Points:
    1,872
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    South Carolina
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    296
    This is very perceptive Peppermint!

    No, it's not offensive because even though I think I'm INFJ, I have always known since the beginning of this that I have INFP tendencies and youre speaking on one of them! I do often feel overlooked, and sometimes taken advantage of, BUT, the most important thing to me is making others happy. If I have done that, I feel fulfilled even if it wasnt in my favor. I chastise myself about those "selfish thoughts" putting in quotes because thats how I feel about them, but usually INFPs see it as self love, which I can respect, but don't really agree wholeheartedly. Because its ultimately not about my feelings but theirs. Many times I've questioned the real reason I am people pleasing, whether its for me or for them, but let's look into my youth, before all the neglect and drama that would cause a defense mechanism. I still cared about others' feelings over my own, even then as a child, a more innocent and less "manipulated by circumstances" albeit less mature perspective.

    This doesn't mean I am arguing that I am INFJ over INFP, because I honestly can see both. But I'm giving some reasons why I personally have come to the conclusion that I have, after much introspection and very deep (and overly analytical) thought lol.

    Thanks for your honesty Peppermint, it means a lot and it helps me to see a more clear picture of how I come across to others vs how I see myself. :)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, mintoots and 5 others like this.
  3. OP
    April

    April Well-known member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Threads:
    25
    Messages:
    3,682
    Featured Threads:
    16
    Likes Received:
    21,792
    Trophy Points:
    1,872
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    South Carolina
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    296
    Yes!!! I am loving it because that's true too, Hos and Pepper got me like.... maybe I AM INFP! I'm not convinced yet though! Keep it up! Haha
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Wyote

    Wyote ○●○
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    34,448
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    179,146
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    I realized after the fact that my comment may have felt like a detraction of your sentiments, which it certainly wasn't ^_^
    Just felt I needed to clarify, for the benefit of... the tribe. Dun dun dunnnnn.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, mintoots, April and 3 others like this.
  5. Ren

    Ren Pin's android / The Maker

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2017
    Threads:
    55
    Messages:
    11,490
    Featured Threads:
    29
    Likes Received:
    88,794
    Trophy Points:
    4,246
    Location:
    Dublin
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    458 ∨ 451
    @April

    How would people who know you in real life describe you?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, mintoots, April and 3 others like this.
  6. OP
    April

    April Well-known member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Threads:
    25
    Messages:
    3,682
    Featured Threads:
    16
    Likes Received:
    21,792
    Trophy Points:
    1,872
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    South Carolina
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    296
    Lol it's ok. Yasss the tribe!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Ren, Wyote and 1 other person like this.
  7. noisebloom

    noisebloom theory conspirer
    Site Supporter

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2018
    Threads:
    53
    Messages:
    2,097
    Featured Threads:
    31
    Likes Received:
    15,072
    Trophy Points:
    1,792
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    :ITBM
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    @April - noisebloom's curious questionnaire:

    1. How do you feel about planning? When you're trying to accomplish something, do you consider best known methods when you do so?
    2. Do you find it hard to "be in the moment"? Do you experience bursts of physical energy that seem to come out of nowhere?
    3. Does your brain "hop thoughts" a lot? Draw parallels between things that are completely unrelated (and perhaps silly) instead of logically connected?
    4. Can you distance yourself from your beliefs to make others happy, comfortable, etc?
     
    flower, mintoots, Wyote and 2 others like this.
  8. OP
    April

    April Well-known member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Threads:
    25
    Messages:
    3,682
    Featured Threads:
    16
    Likes Received:
    21,792
    Trophy Points:
    1,872
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    South Carolina
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    296
    Lazy except when motivated -or in one of those higher social energy states bc then I can be a very "J" extreme at times- and ditzy or airheaded, kinda spacy, but highly intuitive (some say magically so, but they just don't understand how I reach my conclusions, and are less "enlightened" though I feel super guilty admitting that, it's very true) But often people have asked me how I do it, and I just tell them I take everything about a person and their circumstances too, into account because different things can impact a person so much. In times where I have just met a person, I still have clues like body language and a certain aura or something I can't describe... and facial cues like genuine or "transparent" eyes vs. nervous, guarded, or shifty eyes, so many things, even their general appearance and their feelings at the moment, do they appear angry? Sad? Happy? Why? I can usually make the conversation naturally to get answers that I can't see... to make my judgements but those judgements aren't concrete, just I "have a feeling" lol. I tie everything together and use it to interact with them on a level that will make them feel comfortable, because I want to leave them in a state that was better than before they interacted with me. That makes me happy. I don't care if they didn't notice any of this, and it's actually kind of awkward if they do, but it's also interesting.

    My dad would say I am stubborn and don't listen. He would also say that I use my heart too much instead of my head. My mom would say the opposite.

    People also say I'm one of the most warm, empathetic and forgiving people they've met. Oh and understanding. Ive had several people say I understand them like no other, but I always have my doubts about that. Others know them better, I just use my empathy to understand why they do things that they do.

    The biggest things, to conclude, that people have said is my ditziness, that I am highly intelligent in certain areas, but so ditzy. And the second would be my my warmth. And my weird understanding and predictions regarding people. Those are the three biggest things.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, noisebloom and 2 others like this.
  9. acd

    acd jezi baba

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2009
    Threads:
    140
    Messages:
    14,522
    Featured Threads:
    9
    Likes Received:
    28,870
    Trophy Points:
    1,377
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    @April what infp tendencies would you say you have?
     
    flower, Wyote, April and 1 other person like this.
  10. OP
    April

    April Well-known member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Threads:
    25
    Messages:
    3,682
    Featured Threads:
    16
    Likes Received:
    21,792
    Trophy Points:
    1,872
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    South Carolina
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    296
    1. Planning makes me VERY happy and I do it for fun. Yes, I consider best known methods. One of the greatest feelings is writing out lists but when I check them off, I'm always looking forward to that next list to write lol.
    2. I do find it hard to be in the moment. In fact I have to force that. Unless I am in a very beautiful place, then I'm in awe and can't help but to look around. I don't experience physical energy that comes from nowhere, but I do get that with emotional energy.
    3. That would be a BIG yes. But I believe they are connected, or rather, they could be, for different people.
    4. Yes, yes, yes! I do this all the time. But sometimes I when I must share my own beliefs then I tell them why I understand their side too. Ofc if someone had a crazy stupid belief that was against everything I believed, I would say so but in a nice way. Unless they were a dick. Then I'd let them have it. ^.^
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, Wyote and 2 others like this.
  11. noisebloom

    noisebloom theory conspirer
    Site Supporter

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2018
    Threads:
    53
    Messages:
    2,097
    Featured Threads:
    31
    Likes Received:
    15,072
    Trophy Points:
    1,792
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    :ITBM
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    I'm thinking xNFJ. Guessing weak Se, I wouldn't think Inf Te, prefer Fe over Fi
     
    flower, mintoots, April and 2 others like this.
  12. Wyote

    Wyote ○●○
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    34,448
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    179,146
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    There is actually a real correlation between the two. I forget the specifics exactly.
    But it's the absent minded professor type, just expressed differently/femininely.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, mintoots and 3 others like this.
  13. OP
    April

    April Well-known member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Threads:
    25
    Messages:
    3,682
    Featured Threads:
    16
    Likes Received:
    21,792
    Trophy Points:
    1,872
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    South Carolina
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    296
    Oh yeah! I forgot about the absent minded professor type! Yes lolol. While I use feelings instead of logic (unless Im specifically putting myself in a logical mindset which I can do pretty easily usually) but yeah I guess thats what you mean by more feminine lol. (If not, elaborate cause thats interesting!)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, mintoots and 3 others like this.
  14. OP
    April

    April Well-known member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2017
    Threads:
    25
    Messages:
    3,682
    Featured Threads:
    16
    Likes Received:
    21,792
    Trophy Points:
    1,872
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    South Carolina
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    296
    I havent forgotten you @acd Im just pondering this deeper because Ive answered it in the past but it still felt inadequate to describe my tendencies... so Im pondering anew and may read up a little on the type some more to see. In the past, reading the INFP types across different websites feels a bit foreign to me but only as a whole. I think its the Fi vs Fe... I strongly prefer Fe.

    But I will answer!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, acd, noisebloom and 1 other person like this.
  15. Wyote

    Wyote ○●○
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    34,448
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    179,146
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    Mainly I mean that "ditzy" is a term reserved for women, largely pejorative (though to me personally it isn't) but in some cases is a misnomer due to the person actually being super intelligent. It's more "ok" for a man to be "ditzy" because he's just an absent minded professor type.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. mintoots

    mintoots Also: Tooth, 뚵수, Tootsu

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2018
    Threads:
    26
    Messages:
    5,370
    Featured Threads:
    22
    Likes Received:
    30,932
    Trophy Points:
    3,487
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    What are you talking about? Infjs are very energetic.

    @April how often do you feel you need spend time with your friends? How does it feel when an old friend calls you out of nowhere?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, April and 1 other person like this.
  17. Wyote

    Wyote ○●○
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    34,448
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    179,146
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    It's all that coffee we drink
    [​IMG]
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, April and mintoots like this.
  18. mintoots

    mintoots Also: Tooth, 뚵수, Tootsu

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2018
    Threads:
    26
    Messages:
    5,370
    Featured Threads:
    22
    Likes Received:
    30,932
    Trophy Points:
    3,487
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    True. And alcohol. Ok. Some alcohol.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, April and Wyote like this.
  19. Wyote

    Wyote ○●○
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    237
    Messages:
    34,448
    Featured Threads:
    18
    Likes Received:
    179,146
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    Maybe a teenie tiny bit of meth. Maybe.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, April and mintoots like this.
  20. mintoots

    mintoots Also: Tooth, 뚵수, Tootsu

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2018
    Threads:
    26
    Messages:
    5,370
    Featured Threads:
    22
    Likes Received:
    30,932
    Trophy Points:
    3,487
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    I draw the line at sniffing balloon gas.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, April and 1 other person like this.
Loading...

Share This Page