Type April | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Type April

Balloon gas?

giphy.gif

Yes sorry, I meant that in a feeling judgement situation, tribe has more weight than self. Self matters but tribe has more weight.

That's the case with Fe, the inverse with Fi. At least this is how I see it, and it makes sense (I'm with Davesuperpowers on this).

April, consider watching this video and tell us what you relate to more:

Holy shit! @Ren I watched this video and learned something lol. The example with the car has actually happened to me lmao. What a great video, and it makes me a little more convinced of my Fe... because that is exactly how I feel. I feel the tribe has to agree and I ask for their input before I feel comfortable with the decision, that I'm "allowed" like the video says. All the while desperately hoping and even trying to convince them that my decision is best, but when they don't agree, I DO have that internal conflict like "Oh shit they made great points and even though I want that car I should not do it because (insert whatever tribe says).

However! I do feel a TINY bit resentful (but with respect... it's more like I'm pouty...) about not getting what I wanted, but overall, I am more willing to feel that slight unhappiness than to go against the tribe. There is never any true grudge, it's mainly just a little whisper in the back of my mind like, "but I wanted it the other way" but I push that back, and happily do so, because it just feels better to have the respect from them that I listened, and also it makes them feel like they helped, so in turn makes them happy which makes me happy.

That (situations like the car example) has happened in my life more times than I can count, and 9/10 times I actually wanted to do what they wanted in the end. If it makes them happy, I get fulfillment from that.

When I have something that I run by the tribe and they agree with what I want, as in they support it and it's best for everyone, there is no better feeling!

I won't say that I never choose myself though... -if the members of the tribe offer something I just can't handle... (this is often the case with my ESTJ father) I would then go to others after him. General consensus. If people agree with him, I seriously think on it. If people don't, I feel a little better about going against him. He's just so logical and very... black and white, that I just can't think like him naturally. I really have to focus to understand his perspective, and even when I do that, I see it as not flawed but... extreme. I don't like extreme. Like he's a Trump supporter and he keeps trying to get me to see that Trump is good for this country, he agrees with building a wall and keeping "the mexicans" out etc... He builds his opinions from very little information and I HATE THAT... how can you make an accurate judgement if you don't consider all sides?

So when it comes to people like that, I do keep that in my mind with whether I will listen to them or not.

I love my dad, but sheesh. And that's the reason my dad thinks I am stubborn and too emotional. He says I can control my emotions. (But I can't, and he gets mad lol) My anxiety too, which I can see that one... but he's just so adamant about "this is what you need to do and this is how you do it, and don't consider anything else"

My step dad... same thing... except hes ISTJ ... so I tend to take their opinions in and use them for my information gathering, but do I actually act on it or base my own judgements on that alone? Not usually... so is that "dismissing" the tribe? If I don't listen to everyone's opinion?

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Infjs are very energetic.

@April how often do you feel you need spend time with your friends? How does it feel when an old friend calls you out of nowhere?
I get anxious. Put on the spot. It's nice to hear from them, but a little notice so I can prepare is better, and I feel like I should spend time with them more, even feel guilt, but I just... don't. Lol

Mainly I mean that "ditzy" is a term reserved for women, largely pejorative (though to me personally it isn't) but in some cases is a misnomer due to the person actually being super intelligent. It's more "ok" for a man to be "ditzy" because he's just an absent minded professor type.
Oh, yeah. Good God that is so true. People that don't truly know me sometimes assume I'm a dumb blonde, until we start taking and I surprise them on certain subjects, lol. It's a hard life. :laughing:

No, man. Too many people dead because of the drug trade :(

Oh shit. I'm sorry for this downer @April

Balloon gas?
Nope, I love it, I'm grinning like an idiot lmao. You guys are crazy and I love you for it.

Oh, yeah. Good God that is so true. People that don't truly know me sometimes assume I'm a dumb blonde, until we start taking and I surprise them on certain subjects, lol. It's a hard life. :laughing:

People have always underestimated me in various ways my whole life, it's pretty humorous

People have always underestimated me in various ways my whole life, it's pretty humorous
I know right? I just sit back and prepare to blow their mind. Its great lmao. But sometimes I can't. And those people are just dumb.
Hmph!

If I had a dollar for every time someone said, "How can you be so smart and so dumb at the same time? ".... usually they say it's a joke but c'mon I know they're seriously flabbergasted.

I usually just say, "Im just complicated, it's a talent really" and we just laugh.

:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

I know right? I just sit back and prepare to blow their mind. Its great lmao. But sometimes I can't. And those people are just dumb.
Hmph!
seee i think this is an INFJ thing. So there. I type thee @April INFJ

I think farts are funny.. i don't understand why people have an aversion to farts!

I used to have a whoopie cushion as well as a Stimpy (Ren&Stimpy) doll that had one inside and I loved to annoy people with them. I'd still do it today, but that's a bit weird for a grown man, and also I don't find myself in appropriate situations for it very often anyway.

Farts are always funny.

I think farts are funny.. i don't understand why people have an aversion to farts!
Amen. Course I think a whole lot of inappropriate shit is funny. If I'm judged based on my sense of humor, I'm going straight to hell. :p

I mean sometimes I can be annoyed cause they stink! But it's still funny.

.... This might be tmi... but omg it's hilarious.... -if I'm in a playful mood, I "cock" my leg in the air like it's a gun... then fart for the gunshot sound. Lmfao. (Now the prudes are eyeing me with disgust lol):tearsofjoy:

I used to have a whoopie cushion as well as a Stimpy (Ren&Stimpy) doll that had one inside and I loved to annoy people with them. I'd still do it today, but that's a bit weird for a grown man, and also I don't find myself in appropriate situations for it very often anyway.

Farts are always funny.
Lmfao! My cousin had that Stimpy doll!!!!

Also I do wanna say, I have to be comfortable to fart in front of someone, like I wont do the gunshot fart on just anyone! Id never fart in like a job interview or someone I just met... I mean that's just embarrassing lol.
One of my favorite fart scenes...