Type April | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Type April

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by April, Jun 13, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
More threads by April
  1. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Thanks for the input, Ren!
    No, youre correct, I did send you a link to to that for purposes just like this, lol. You can also see my Ni at work in that video lol.

I dont have access to it anymore though or I'd shre here.

The only videos I have are before I had gastric bypass talking about food addiction and depression lol. That was in 2015 or 2016. Lol. I need to go back on my diet, Ive gained and its not good for my health!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, noisebloom and 2 others like this.
  2. Hostarius

Hostarius A L I G N

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    Hmm. I'm not sure I buy that.

ENFPs definitely need validation from the tribe. In fact, I can't think of a single type that doesn't, it's just that they each go about protecting themselves from this need in different ways.

What I can say is that if April were ENFP, then her Te is very suppressed. ENFPs, in my experience (both online and in rl) tend to have a pronounced rational streak.

What about ISFP?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    flower, Rit4lin, mintoots and 4 others like this.
  3. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Yes, and there are times when its not there at all, like when I am socially exhausted (happens quite a bit) and REALLY keep to myself including feelings. But maybe thats just an introvert thing?

flower, Rit4lin, noisebloom and 4 others like this.
  4. Ren

Ren Pin's android / The Maker

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    458 ∨ 451
    Yes sorry, I meant that in a feeling judgement situation, tribe has more weight than self. Self matters but tribe has more weight.

That's the case with Fe, the inverse with Fi. At least this is how I see it, and it makes sense (I'm with Davesuperpowers on this).

April, consider watching this video and tell us what you relate to more:

flower, Rit4lin, April and 3 others like this.
  5. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    That is an interesting perspective! I would disagree though with one thing possibly two, that mainly, the feelings of others are more important than my own, but there is a need to be validated and it can hurt when thats not fulfilled. However what is more important to me at my core... is them and their happiness, and if it doesnt suit them to reciprocate, well, thats just not what they want or need and even though it can hurt when Im being extra sensitive, its not like that most of the time. The second thing is, I dont believe I use Fe begrudgingly, because that is THE most natural thing about me other than seeing the patterns and making my judgements inwardly, coming up with things like predictions about people I sometimes cant explain. I do want to share my feelings, what feels begrudging to me is that I know others arent like me, and they may not accept much less reciprocate, so that is where my hesitation or... even anxiety about it, if you will, comes in.

Great input though! I always love to see different perspectives, and your words give me much food for thought, seriously. Because well, what if how I see myself isnt "true" and the way you see it is, and without bias? That speaks for everyone who gives input here though!

flower, Rit4lin, mintoots and 3 others like this.
  6. Hostarius

Hostarius A L I G N

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    @April, you do have a kind of exuberant energy that I don't really see from INFJs. That's the only thing I'm personally unsure about.

You're a force of excitability, and Ne-Fi can exhibit that.

flower, BritNi, Rit4lin and 5 others like this.
  7. Hostarius

Hostarius A L I G N

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2
    How do you see yourself?

8. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I agree with this, I desperately want validation from the tribe. My self worth used to depend on this. Now, as I grow in confidence, I tend to say to myself "I know my worth, it just isn't right for them, and that's okay"
    The thing I will add is that tribe trumps self. I am but one person and they, with all their collective worth, experience, feeling, wants, etc... should be looked as as the priority. But IF I am part of the tribe, its like... a whole. If I can explain it right lol.

flower, Rit4lin, mintoots and 4 others like this.
  9. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Heh, I actually do have a rational streak, its just not very present here. (And I dont listen to it as much as I should) And its not as pronounced as say, other types. But meh, lets just say Im a mystery. :p Im gonna watch those videos you guys posted in a sec.

flower, Rit4lin, Peppermint and 2 others like this.
  10. Ren

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    458 ∨ 451
    F E

:p

flower, Rit4lin, April and 1 other person like this.
  11. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Extremely complicated. In order from greatest to least.. Id say intuitive first. I can get these vibes from people I've just met and I usually am right. I take in many things about them in a short amount of time and compare it to what I have seen before in my life. But I hardly ever share these judgments because for one, its not fair to them to count my judgment as a truth. Its just what I feel.

Extremely. Idealistic mostly, but can be a realist in certain situations. This is probably where that dreaminess comes to play. I love to imagine situations and play them out. I often imagine being successful at nursing to help motivate me, and I often replay sad or happy memories in my head and wondered what I could have done differently... etc. This is extremely helpful for writing!

Then Id say that I have very intense emotion at times, and if I dont get an outlet for that it can become stressful. Other times, I have less emotional energy and I feel a bit numb and need to retreat and not interact at all. Maybe play games or research an interesting topic, and if bothered I can become a bitch. You guys hardly ever see this though! Because its mainly people in person who know me and know I need to recharge and yet they do it anyway. Even if they dont understand my need, I still can be bitchy but then I try to understand their perspective and see what it is they need from me.

I bet you guys cant imagine me being a bitch, can you? Well to those who know me well, I can. If I have confidence they will stick around :p

flower, Rit4lin, Hostarius and 2 others like this.
  12. Wyote

Wyote ○●○
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    Git gud

flower, Rit4lin, noisebloom and 4 others like this.
  13. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I think I see what is causing you to think this. I mainly interact on here when in one of those high energy states, lol. And it's natural I would come to you and the others I feel closest to on here because you guys have my confidence that you won't run off because of it lol. I mean there's exceptions, I've overwhelmed Ren before I think, and possibly you too, but you guys are still my friends and that gives me security that well, it's a true friendship.

Maybe I should purposefully interact with yall when in a low energy state, but, honestly, then, I have very little to say lol. Unless a friend is in need or something.

I'm still chewing on your words though! I don't throw them ot the window at all!

flower, Rit4lin, Ren and 2 others like this.
  14. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Hehe <3

flower, Hostarius and Wyote like this.
  15. Wyote

Wyote ○●○
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    I mean, not exclusively you personally.
    I think it's good for/applicable to everyone.

16. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    And I haven't even watched that tribe/self video yet! But I will anyway lol

17. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I know lol but... hearts tho. :p

18. Ren

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    458 ∨ 451
    Yes, I encourage you to ponder @Hostarius's words and even try to imagine being an Fi user.

It would be really useful if the thread could help you to envisage those different possibilities concretely, even if the end result should be that your conviction about being INFJ remains or even gets stronger.

flower, Hostarius and April like this.
  19. OP
    April

April Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Of course! Even if it remains the same, there is always the possibility that I am wrong, lol. I usually don't believe things a hundred percent anyway, unless it's something like the fact that Oxygen is in the air we breathe. :p Even then it's like, is it really though? What if all these things we think we know... are false? Lol

flower, Hostarius and Ren like this.
  20. Peppermint

Peppermint Well-known member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    uwot
    Enneagram:
    _
    Hey @April

I strongly feel that you have dom Fi, but I can't prove that, I'm afraid, so take this with a grain of salt. I hope none of this comes across as offensive or like I'm trying to pry into your personal life, these are just my impressions.

I intuitively get the sense that your "need to please others and be accepted" may be something else. I see it as more of a need to placate others to avoid real or perceived harm coming to you. I feel this is a defense mechanism or an adaptation that has something to do with your life story, maybe a history of abuse or rejection, maybe feelings of inadequacy or disenfranchisement, or neglect by people in community or family. I often get the feeling you feel that you are maybe overlooked or taken for granted by others. Your sensitivity, which is admittedly there "feels" very Fi to me.