Type April | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Type April

I will say that... and this is just me thinking out loud because I literally just had the thought... so maybe I'm wrong...

When I am healthy emotionally speaking, I'm more my typical INFJ self. When I am sad or depressed, I tend to have a self centered nature, constantly thinking "what about me?" Even though in the back of my mind my Fe is chastising me. "Its not about you. Suck it up, and make others happy, then you will be happy." And even my Se comes in, "Just get up and DO something and enjoy the moment! "

I think this is when I closely resemble INFP because I am more focused on what I want and what I am lacking instead of worrying about others. What do you guys think? Either way, I still love INFP tendencies because they help p me to focus on me, which I can forget to do!!!

Do you think typology is more harmful than it's worth, Aneirin?
Im not David, but I personally don't feel that way. However, I think it is like that for some people... I've seen some here for instance that I wonder about lol but not the regulars.

Last edited:
INFP really isn't about being self centered. But it's a common misconception. I can't tell you how much I'm actually in the background of my own life to meet the needs of others. I just try to find a balance for me time and to express myself.

INFP really isn't about being self centered. But it's a common misconception. I can't tell you how much I'm actually in the background of my own life to meet the needs of others. I just try to find a balance for me time and to express myself.
Omg, I'm sorry if I made it seem I felt that way. No I mean Fi is more naturally focused on the self is it not? I don't think all INFPs are self centered, (some can be, but that is true for all types) the ones I know most of them anyway are not at all. But their true focus is to take care of self so they can be there for others, like my friend Taylor, she's not self centered at all. Plus, when I say self-centered, I don't mean selfish. I mean like they ask "how do I feel about that" whereas I would ask "how do people feel about that and do I understand where they are coming from?"

I'm glad you said this though because it gives me the opportunity to explain lol. <3

Omg, I'm sorry if I made it seem I felt that way. No I mean Fi is more naturally focused on the self is it not? I don't think all INFPs are self centered, (some can be, but that is true for all types) the ones I know most of them anyway are not at all. But their true focus is to take care of self so they can be there for others, like my friend Taylor, she's not self centered at all. Plus, when I say self-centered, I don't mean selfish. I mean like they ask "how do I feel about that" whereas I would ask "how do people feel about that and do I understand where they are coming from?"

I'm glad you said this though because it gives me the opportunity to explain lol. <3
Actually the more I think of Taylor, she sacrifices for others all the time, but constantly is hurt because others don't do the same and she complains about it, which I understand completely <3 She still does for others even when they don't reciprocate but she wants them to so bad. I love her. I try to validate her and lift her up and love her.

I just see it as the difference between privileging one's own internal value system (Fi) over that of the group (Fe).

There are positive and negative outcomes to both preferences.

Reactions: flower and April
I just see it as the difference between privileging one's own internal value system (Fi) over that of the group (Fe).

There are positive and negative outcomes to both preferences.
Yes! That's what I meant lol. Thanks for putting it into better words lol. They are both natural with pros and cons <3

Yeah.

Fi is better tho.
giphy.gif

lol

When I was trying to figure out my MBTI once and for all, I went to wikipedia (as the veritable source of all knowledge ;)) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator#Cognitive_learning_styles
And just read the part from type dynamics onward - just kind of laying them out and figuring out which directions for each of the four applied to me, I ended up deciding INFJ, and then went to a bunch of those websites of 'ten things you'll relate to...', etc. and found I related to almost all of them!
I feel like going from the basic breakdown of the scales to the personality profiles, etc., works better than the other way because you have a grounding to start from?
Don't know you that well, so probably can't say much more, but hope that was helpful!

Reactions: April and Wyote