Traveling with pets on planes. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Traveling with pets on planes.

632 miles today. Brutal. There she is in Ohio. Poor girl she laid down the whole trip. She's doing much better in the hotel room though.View attachment 37946

This is worse than the Mitt Romney dog "kennel on the car roof" scandal, lol.

Seriously, that's some good going, and she looks happy and content. I feel like I can see a thought bubble by her head though, "I ordered a limo... "

Good luck EH.

This morning she did not want her harness put on. You have never seen this cat pissed off. It's scary. She screams like a banshee. Unbelievable loud. You just can't imagine something so small can scream like that.
I got the hell bit and scratched out of me. Blood was drawn. I bled all over the sheets. I had to get her carrier out and drove with her for 200 miles like that. With her in the car I pulled over and only put the collar around her neck and let her lay on her pillow.

And now...in the hotel room tonight....

20171026_172231.jpg

And I thought she was dying this morning....

Pets are a mixed bag. If you are lucky you form a bond. But then down the line the loss can be ...difficult to say the least. . . I'm just not a person that deals with loss well.

Same. My 12+ year old tabby, Jinx, died in my arms this past Sunday. I don't think I could cope without at least one pet to help through the grieving process, though. We have a 4 month old kitten, a 7 year old pug, and a 2 year old rat terrier as well, which has really helped with the loss of Jinx. I try to stagger my pets ages so that we will always have at least one around. Not sure if I will get another cat anytime soon, though. The kitten is a handful, but he's a cute, snugly little shit when he wants to be, lol.

Same. My 12+ year old tabby, Jinx, died in my arms this past Sunday. I don't think I could cope without at least one pet to help through the grieving process, though. We have a 4 month old kitten, a 7 year old pug, and a 2 year old rat terrier as well, which has really helped with the loss of Jinx. I try to stagger my pets ages so that we will always have at least one around. Not sure if I will get another cat anytime soon, though. The kitten is a handful, but he's a cute, snugly little shit when he wants to be, lol.
Ah, I am very sorry. I dread this very thing. Dread it but I can't go around thinking about what might be all the time. Very sorry to hear this.
The only thing I can think of to say is that pets generally have pretty good lives when people care about them and it sounds like yours are and have been pretty lucky.

Ah, I am very sorry. I dread this very thing. Dread it but I can't go around thinking about what might be all the time. Very sorry to hear this.
The only thing I can think of to say is that pets generally have pretty good lives when people care about them and it sounds like yours are and have been pretty lucky.

Thank you, your cat looks happy and well taken care of also :)! I try not to think about my fur babies passing either, I'd rather enjoy the here and now with them. We rescued Jinx from the local animal shelter and he was scraggly AF and skittish. He was either abused or was a stray for who knows how long. They estimated he was 2 years old when we adopted him, but I suspect he was older. He started going downhill about 6 weeks or so ago with severe weight loss and kidney failure and there was nothing we could do...but I didn't expect him to go so soon.

I am definitely going to just lose it when my pug eventually passes though, hopefully I will have another 4-5 years before that happens *fingers crossed*.

Ok EH two days and no cat pics? This is torture. Updates asap or I'm calling CNM. Yes it's country news music.

They have steel guitars. Updates... :)
Well we arrived. She has not needed to get up in the morning and move. She's been kind enough not to hiss or bite me again.
For now, she's in her new home for the next 6 months. I'll post one a little later.

giphy.gif

Try driving overseas with a couple...

@Eventhorizon you're killing me with these adorable pics!! Keep em coming!

Also I wish you all the best with your new adventure. I’ve only been to Portland and it is a nice enough city.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free and James
Can you take a smiling selfie?
I had a bad accident when I was little. At first the doctors thought I had lost the use of my facial muscles when younger but were never able to pin point the cause. It wasn't till much later i found out they don't work because I am an intj....

I had a bad accident when I was little. At first the doctors thought I had lost the use of my facial muscles when younger but were never able to pin point the cause. It wasn't till much later i found out they don't work because I am an intj....
I know for a fact that INTJ’s can smile when happy. I hope to see a happy smiling pic of you someday. I bet kitty sees you smiling at her often. :smilecat:

How’s Oregon?

I know for a fact that INTJ’s can smile when happy. I hope to see a happy smiling pic of you someday. I bet kitty sees you smiling at her often. :smilecat:

How’s Oregon?
I am very fortunate to be where I am right now. It's not sustainable of course but when you get an opportunity like this if you a smart, you jump at it.
Few people ever get to do what I am doing. So, pretty damn well.