Traveling with pets on planes. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Traveling with pets on planes.

20171130_215332.jpg She hardly ever lies on her back...unless there's laundry involved.

article-2733349-20A2D5F000000578-711_634x501.jpg

Fly private.

Reactions: jkxx and Free
Her own doing. She has the bed, a comfortable spot in the window... but of course chooses the spot I will most likely choose and makes herself look as cute as possible so that I am less likely to move her.
View attachment 41064

Loving the feline updates! Your kitty looks like a happy happy girl in the shots.

Some 13 years ago I decided to move (from Colorado to Europe) and that meant taking my cat along. It was pretty complicated to arrange since there were some 15 hours of flying (following by around 5 on the train.. but he had a break before we boarded), making sure he could fly in the cabin with me, getting the international vet certificate, and avoiding countries with mandatory quarantine laws. Thankfully he was an all-black cat in an all-black carrier so that helped a couple of times on the way back since what was meant to be a permanent move turned into a 7 month stay instead. Later we did some shorter trips across the USA (flying again) and he handled those well too.

In retrospect would probably not try this again because of how stressful it was on him and because my current cat would go bonkers.(it's quite the challenge just driving him to the vet 10 minutes away..) But it was really nice to have him by my side and I couldn't have imagined moving anywhere without him or leaving him behind.

Loving the feline updates! Your kitty looks like a happy happy girl in the shots.

Some 13 years ago I decided to move (from Colorado to Europe) and that meant taking my cat along. It was pretty complicated to arrange since there were some 15 hours of flying (following by around 5 on the train.. but he had a break before we boarded), making sure he could fly in the cabin with me, getting the international vet certificate, and avoiding countries with mandatory quarantine laws. Thankfully he was an all-black cat in an all-black carrier so that helped a couple of times on the way back since what was meant to be a permanent move turned into a 7 month stay instead. Later we did some shorter trips across the USA (flying again) and he handled those well too.

In retrospect would probably not try this again because of how stressful it was on him and because my current cat would go bonkers.(it's quite the challenge just driving him to the vet 10 minutes away..) But it was really nice to have him by my side and I couldn't have imagined moving anywhere without him or leaving him behind.
Glad all went well.
Yeah leaving the furball behind was never an option. Shes family. If she cant go, I dont go.

Reactions: jkxx and Free
The airlines flew their mistake back from Japan first class, on a private jet. 10 year old went through a lot.
cf6d4f3ca1de08fa1b2647a12563c8e1

I'll volunteer as an airline mistake :neutral::sunglasses:

I like to travel with my little friend (pomeranian spitz) and we have visited more than 10 countries together. Actually, there are not so many pet-friendly places but it's possible to find. This list of sites helped me a lot, it's really useful for pet owners, check it out https://travelsites.com/travel-with-pets/

So I just found out I'll be moving to Oregon and the thing that has me most worried is putting my cat in a carrier for 8 hours and moving her through the airport and then on a plane. She will be in the cabin with me but she is startled easily these days.

Anyway I created this thread to see if anyone else here has experience with this type of traveling. Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated.
I've had both my cats on planes multiple times. One of them is a high stressed bitch of a cat and the other is chill. They both do fine. If your cat is in the cabin, even better. I've put mine under the plane and so far they're not dead or suffering from PTSD.

Not to sound so casual about their wellbeing or anything - these cats are my LIFE and I love them with everything in me, but they recover well from plane travel. Better than you might expect. I feel like it would be worse for dogs but I could be wrong.

Hope your cat is fine - I'm sure she will be. I see you're taking her on a nice little drive lol.