Transgender Children | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Transgender Children

Then you are both male.

Reproductive parts indicate biological sex, not gender. Him/her and the like are gender distinctions.

If gender is used as grouping of characteristics deemed to be feminine or masculine, which are in themselves social constructs, then there is no point in labeling a person one or the other because they will be to broad to be accurate on a individual basis. However if we use it to refer to the biological distinction between male and female then you have something solid and concrete to base your label on because of physical differences and there are enough physical differences that would make such a label necessary.

If gender is used as grouping of characteristics deemed to be feminine or masculine, which are in themselves social constructs, then there is no point in labeling a person one or the other because they will be to broad to be accurate on a individual basis. However if we use it to refer to the biological distinction between male and female then you have something solid and concrete to base your label on because of physical differences and there are enough physical differences that would make such a label necessary.

There are plenty of studies which show that transgendered people will have mental patterns similar to that of the desired biological sex. There's more to gender than whether you have a penis or a vagina.

Regardless as which you would group her or I as, if you were to see either of us in person, you would think us biological females, most likely. The only way to tell would be checking our pants. Everything else is an assumption based on gender standards, looks, and et cetera. The point to transitioning genders isn't to fool the world or some such, it's to be yourself. It's to match up your body with your mind.

I would not identify as any gender I've never felt like. Why would I? Why would anybody? Either transgendered persons are attention whores, outright insane, or telling you the truth about how they feel inside.

I don't believe under common circumstances I would be deemed an attention whore, and I doubt insanity strongly as well.

Reactions: AKM
I'll drop the argument, I don't want to derail the topic

Reactions: Resonance
That's my concern as well though. In a rather which came first, the chicken or the egg kind of way. Has the father's aggressive behavior towards the mother and child subconsciously influenced the child to feel threatened or deterred from the male gender or is it the other way around as others have suggested? Without more information I suppose we cannot know, but it would be up to the gender therapists to determine and manage either way.

Yes, I hate my father. No, that is not why I'm trans. I don't see how you can possibly think this idea is original. We had this discussion in my support group, if it interests you: only about a third had daddy issues. That is about par for North American women.
Yes, we know it's problematic when it comes to irritatingly simplified models of phenomena with trillions of variables. I'm bored, so if you must find a solution, I'll help you out: think of trans people as neurologically intersexed. The brain is of one sex, the genitals are the other. Given that, for most people at least, the locus of consciousness seems to be the brain and not the genitals, it stands to reason that 'I' - that is, the conscious entity named Claire - am female. I don't think any trans person will be truly delusional enough to deny their genitals; they might for social reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible
To transgendered members:

Let me take a guess, your parents had an openly bitter divorce/separation while you were young/pre-pubescent in which you viewed the opposing gendered parent as the aggressor/belligerent and sided with the parent of your self-chosen gender?

I'm not trans and can't speak as a member of the trans community, but I think it's significantly more complicated than this. Trans issues are not mommy/daddy issues. Not to mention that trans identity is not isolated to heterosexual or nuclear parenting. Trans children have gay parents, single parents, etc.

The brain is of one sex, the genitals are the other.

So does the brain in a transgender person have XX brain DNA and XY body DNA (or the other way around)?

To transgendered members:

Let me take a guess, your parents had an openly bitter divorce/separation while you were young/pre-pubescent in which you viewed the opposing gendered parent as the aggressor/belligerent and sided with the parent of your self-chosen gender?
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Let me take a guess; you are basing this off of your own experience (watching/reading ridiculously right-winged publications), or maybe a handful of people (at most).

View attachment 13016

Let me take a guess; you are basing this off of your own experience (watching/reading ridiculously right-winged publications), or maybe a handful of people (at most).

Really was a bizarre statement to read. I didn't think a "let me guess" could be quite that wrong. :md:

I'm late to the party, haven't read the whole thread, and am in possession of what may be deemed a bigoted or uninformed opinion.. having stated that disclaimer; what's all this about male and female brains?

Do we have different brains?

Do we have different brains?
I assert:
  • we all have different brains regarless of gender
  • experience (for example: as a female/male) makes us (our brains) different
  • hormones makes us different
If you specifically wanted to know if our brains are biologically different, I would ask why this is a requirement to any conclusion you might make.

I assert:
  • we all have different brains regarless of gender
  • experience (for example: as a female/male) makes us (our brains) different
  • hormones makes us different
If you specifically wanted to know if our brains are biologically different, I would ask why this is a requirement to any conclusion you might make.

Obviously, my question was in relation biology, and the question had less to do with me forming an opinion, and more to do with me understanding the notions posited above mine in this thread.

I would ask why you would ask, but that story most assuredly doesn't interest me.

Why did you say this at all?

Obviously, first and foremost, because I wanted to.

Secondly, that's the second irrelevant question you have asked me in as many posts.

Obviously, first and foremost, because I wanted to.

Secondly, that's the second irrelevant question you have asked me in as many posts.
I know you're trying to sound condescending and all, but I'd hold off on that until you know what irrelevant means. You being a bitch is irrelevant, and should have nothing to do with this conversation.

Reactions: Peppermint
I wonder why some people with sexual disphoria consider the physical characteristics of gender so important to their identity.

If I were to wake up with an hour glass figure, inverted plumbing, and prominent mamalry glands, I wouldn't be rushing off to have surgery. (And no, it wouldn't be because I'd be perving at myself... even that would definitely be happening). I think I'd be focusing on learning how to dress and groom myself to best enable the functioning of my fundamental character. I'd fall into the closet lesbian category and just live my life. (And deliberately annoy/discomfort/gross-out everyone with inopportune disclosures about my periods). I just can't imagine trying to get a flap of belly fat turned into an analogue of male genitalia, having my tits snipped, and going through hormone therapy for the rest of my life, just to get my appearance to match my male outlook.

Anyhow, why is the outward appearance so significant to the internal gender identification?

How is it different from people who identify with a different race, or who identify with ideals of beauty, but are born homely?

Aren't social constructs mostly defined by cultural variations, rather than the colour of your eyes, the size of your bust, or whether you sit or stand for #1?

Reactions: cvp12gh5 and acd