Transgender Children | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Transgender Children

I think you've missunderstood things. Taking hormones and similar to halt your growth is not the same as surgery, and not permanent. If you when you're 18 realise no, I'm a boy after all, (which is very unlikely from what I've read) you can still be a boy, however, hitting puberty and turning into someone you don't want, and deciding to change when you're 18, is usually alot harder.

Yeah so thats why we invented laws that err on the side of caution. you can still take hormones and have your cock removed at 18, you cannot grow a new one thats functional if and when you realized youve made a mistake.

I think you've missunderstood things. Taking hormones and similar to halt your growth is not the same as surgery, and not permanent. If you when you're 18 realise no, I'm a boy after all, (which is very unlikely from what I've read) you can still be a boy, however, hitting puberty and turning into someone you don't want, and deciding to change when you're 18, is usually alot harder.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think halted puberty would interfere with testicular development, and could lead to infertility and erectile dysfunction possibly.

I wish I could just snatch the kid and go live in the jungle, where none of this anthropogenic insanity exists. Whoever they would like to be, they can become.

Reactions: Quiet
I wish I could just snatch the kid and go live in the jungle, where none of this insanity exists. Whoever they would like to be, they can become.

OMG the horror! How can she be what she wants to be without the surgeries, medication, hormones, laser hair removal etc?!

Reactions: the and Odyne
This is tricky. I'd be interested to hear from Alexandra what she understands about this situation and what she feels inclined toward. It is easy to underestimate young people but I suspect she understands this pretty well.

Reactions: Soulful
Yeah so thats why we invented laws that err on the side of caution. you can still take hormones and have your cock removed at 18, you cannot grow a new one thats functional if and when you realized youve made a mistake.
So we're actually on the same level, you do want her to be able to halt her puberty, and then correct your sex to the sex you actually are. You just want to moralise about what's natural and not? Then, let me tell you something, the world isn't natural, it's human, it's filled with emotions and technology and science that's "unnatural" I can see this is terrifying for you to know, so.

Do you want a hug?
:m183:

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think halted puberty would interfere with testicular development, and could lead to infertility and erectile dysfunction possibly.

Yes, there are alot of issues with halted puberties, but it's the safest route, this is like trying to make someone gay be straight, except it's worse, gender is even more important than sexuality, and having to life your entire life as something you're not, it's a terrible experience, it's only when you're able to be who you truly are that you can truly enjoy life.

This is tricky. I'd be interested to hear from Alexandra what she understands about this situation and what she feels inclined toward. It is easy to underestimate young people but I suspect she understands this pretty well.

Yeah, children understand and know alot more than people think.

Last edited:
Liking pink and unicorns doesnt mean you are trans. I'd require more information to come to a conclusion

Poor reporting I think.
----

I've been thinking about cutting off my legs because I think I was really born a paraplegic. I guess I was just born wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasmus
So we're actually on the same level, you do want her to be able to halt her puberty, and then correct your sex to the sex you actually are. You just want to moralise about what's natural and not? Then, let me tell you something, the world isn't natural, it's human, it's filled with emotions and technology and science that's "unnatural" I can see this is terrifying for you to know, so.

Do you want a hug?
:m183:

Yes, there are alot of issues with halted puberties, but it's the safest route, this is like trying to make someone gay be straight, except it's worse, gender is even more important than sexuality, and having to life your entire life as something you're not, it's a terrible experience, it's only when you're able to be who you truly are that you can truly enjoy life.

Yeah, children understand and know alot more than people think.

No I dont agree that we should allow an 11 year old PRE TEEN make such a drastic decision. Thats why they have parents.

Reactions: Rasmus

Please, just don't go there. The world is much bigger than your or my experience, don't shape it and generalize it to suit your argument. Let's just stick to what we understand.

Anyways, the issue here is not to allow transgenderism or not, I think it's allowed and accepted by some societies now, so we're done with that. It's about what the child wants and understands at that age. I mean does she even understand the extent and consequences of the treatment she will be going through?

No I dont agree that we should allow an 11 year old PRE TEEN make such a drastic decision. Thats why they have parents.

It's just as drastic to force someone to undergo puberty and being forced into "liking cars, football" I think.

:(

Please, just don't go there. The world is much bigger than your or my experience, don't shape it and generalize it to suit your argument. Let's just stick to what we understand.

I didn't say it wasn't, I just don't like when people say something is more natural than something else. What matters is what's real, not what's natural.

I need to play the devil's advocate here. I am absolutely supportive of my children in any respect unless it involves them harming someone else. I want them to be happy in life and who they really are, and at the same time I want to protect them from a compassionateless society.

If this were my child I would allow them to do as they please inside my home ... play dress up, play with barbies, etc. Outside of the home I would make every attempt to accommodate this lifestyle within reason, such as finding clothing that is "unisex." When he's eighteen and out of the house, he can do as he pleases.

Reactions: acd and Odyne
I didn't say it wasn't, I just don't like when people say something is more natural than something else. What matters is what's real, not what's natural.

I should let you know that I am not picking on you or have anything against you. That was simply an illogical assumption that bothered me. I any case, thanks for being the opposing perspective and sharing what you think is right in this discussion.

I keep wondering how would the child turn out if she were simply removed from the influence of both parents.

It's just as drastic to force someone to undergo puberty and being forced into "liking cars, football" I think.

:(

What you think is misinformed and crazy. Sorry someone has to tell you, might as well be me.

I should let you know that I am not picking on you or have anything against you. That was simply an illogical assumption that bothered me. I any case, thanks for being the opposing perspective and sharing what you think is right in this discussion.

I keep wondering how would the child turn out if she were simply removed from the influence of both parents.

I don't mind you pointing that out, I just wanted to clarify. :)

I'm studying alot of gender science and queertheory and similar things, I'll come back with a collected research on this thread when I have it maybe. Alot of us are making assumptions, say, this or this is better for the child, this or this is how the child feels, and in the end it's all about what psychology and studies have revealed. What is the best for a child? In this case, having the child institutionalised and forcing her to watch football and cars, is a crazy approach, that's what bothers me the most. It's soooo important for a child to feel accepted for who it is. If it doesen't, that's scars for life.

What if he's 18 and still in the house? /nit pick

They have one of three choices when they are done with high school: Move out, go to college and parents will support you financially ... or move out, go to work and support yourself financially ... or military. If he wants to wear dresses in public, then he is mature enough to handle everything that comes with it. I'd probably even take him shopping! :D

They have one of three choices when they are done with high school: Move out, go to college and parents will support you financially ... or move out, go to work and support yourself financially ... or military. If he wants to wear dresses in public, then he is mature enough to handle everything that comes with it. I'd probably even take him shopping! :D

ha thats what they all say.

Transgenderism and homosexuality are closely related. The studies that have been done on homosexuality conclude that the cause of it is because of the development of babies in the embryo and a surplus of hormones that alter the child's DNA. The same has been concluded for transgender individuals. There are visible brain differences between the female brain and the male brain and with a trangender individual, a male might have a female brain and the female might have a male brain. I'm surprised that the people who think gender roles are natural and not forced upon people (women are naturally a certain way, men are naturally a certain way because of the way they think differently) do not seem to be able to grapple with transgenderism. Whether 11 years old is too young or not, that's certainly a pressing situation. Transitioning is entirely possible when you're an adult and I think 16 or 18 is probably a better time for such events to occur.

But....

I think, for me at least- to suggest that transgender people should continue to live their life as they are and in the body they are is like telling a homosexual to be gay, but to date and have sex with women. You can see how frustrating it can be to deny your own nature. The fact of the matter is...the male and female brain do have differences. That's why they say men are more inclined to mathematics and women to linguistics. It's impossible for anyone who does not have a brain-body mismatch (such as I) to ever understand what it would be like to grow up with all of the thoughts and feelings and inclinations of the opposite sex, the identification, without being able to rationalize it. However children should definitely not be making body-altering decisions at 11, just like I wouldn't encourage a gay child to go off and have homosexual sex at 11. It is a raw age.

They have one of three choices when they are done with high school: Move out, go to college and parents will support you financially ... or move out, go to work and support yourself financially ... or military. If she wants to wear dresses in public, then she is mature enough to handle everything that comes with it. I'd probably even take her shopping! :D

Ftfy

Also, wearing a dress isn't that bad. I do it occasionally, when I feel like it. ^^

andrej-pejic-features-for-hema-s-advertising-campaign-for-womens-lingerie-pic-hemo-787199426.jpg

This is Sergej, he's a dude. And he's hot.