Too sensitive? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Too sensitive?

I am sensitive but there are no feelings attached to it anymore, nothing really bugs me these days. Not criticism, not insult, etc. I laugh it off usually. I used to get called oversensitive by my family when i was much younger but a few tough patches here and there kind of made me outgrow it, i dont look at it like i lost my emotions, just that bad shit that went down kind of put things into perspective and what i can survive and get away with became much clearer.

Reactions: Gaze and Nixie
I'm sensitive in isolation, but the effect dulls in company.

I've been told I'm "too sensitive" only once, while the following adjectives have been much more frequent, in my experience: inconsiderate, insensitive, arrogant, heartless, mean, tactless.

Psh... I am not sensitive :m051:
It's just :m169: everyone wants to hurt me :m142:

Well, just kidding. But yes, building guards and self-defence mechanisms seems to be a wrong way out, I think it just creates way too many artificial behaviors.. Instead I just try to force myself to get calm and silent, and if something seemed to get too deep or touch something unexpectedly I try to give it some time and not to react. But hell, it's not always successful so sometimes it does bring complications but only if it's about my loved ones, people I am trusting and defenseless against, strangers, co-workers, etc. never get anywhere because I don't take them the same way.

Reactions: Gaze and Nixie
Sometimes sleeping on it, helps, but mostly talking to friends who are objective & can give me new insight into what the person meant by what they said that offended me. I can let it go, if I accept there was no malice involved. I hope you are feeling better about things [MENTION=1069]Jana[/MENTION]. *kisses*

Reactions: Gaze and Jana
Only by my S.O.. And it boosts my sensitivity. I don't appreciate it.

Reactions: Gaze
I'm sensitive but you would never know it, I'm pretty well buttoned-up and only express my emotions internally.

I often get the opposite.

When I do open up my sensitive side, people get annoyed.

yes. . I do hate it. . the one I really dont like is "co-dependant". . I know I"m not responsible for someone else's feelings, but I hurt for them just the same. . .
sorry, it's just me. .

[MENTION=4196]dgraf[/MENTION]

Wow.... I would have thought that would be expressing empathy for another's pain.

Empathy: An excellent, most desirable trait in a human, especially in this day and age, wouldn't you agree?

I'm severely hypersensitive. It's to the point of tears if someone yells @ me or speaks too harshly to me. I hate that I care that much. It's pathetic. I'll remember a negative comment literally forever, and work to change any bad traits pointed out to me.

[MENTION=1069]Jana[/MENTION] I hope you're in a more positive place. Much love, soul sister! :*

Reactions: Akanksha
I am fairly sensitive but nobody seems to say anything about it. It's always seemed a strength to me as I generally manage to put it to constructive use. It seldom trips me up.

Last night nearly 3:30am my friends phone was vibrating in the next room and I had to get up and switch it off and ended up not sleeping again ( my friend had no clue about that damn phone) off course overthinking and exhausted myself.
Such silly thing that only you can see and are invisible or unexplainable for others are really annoying!! why do I have to bear this alone.
Working in college rn, I hope I get a good sleep tonight. :/

Reactions: John K and Sandie33
Last night nearly 3:30am my friends phone was vibrating in the next room and I had to get up and switch it off and ended up not sleeping again ( my friend had no clue about that damn phone) off course overthinking and exhausted myself.
Such silly thing that only you can see and are invisible or unexplainable for others are really annoying!! why do I have to bear this alone.
Working in college rn, I hope I get a good sleep tonight. :/

I hope you do too. Have you tried wearing earmuffs at night? Some people are lighter sleepers and can benefit a lot from added sensory deprivation like earmuffs and blindfolds.

I hope you do too. Have you tried wearing earmuffs at night? Some people are lighter sleepers and can benefit a lot from added sensory deprivation like earmuffs and blindfolds.
Yeah but sometimes I find it uncomfortable.

Reactions: Wyote
what about some sort of small ear plugs? something you can't really feel as much.
Need to try them I prefer sleeping alone always and with my warm thick blanket that helps me with the light, sound or any other disturbances

Reactions: Wyote and neko