Thoughts about death | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts about death

I'm really sorry if you didn't mean any of this by your comment, but it is awfully sarcastic and passive aggressive. This is just me on a good day, which I'd like to think is clearer, there is always a flip side to that perspective, one of awful loneliness and no worth.

The lights go out and you sleep eternally. I am ok with it, just glad I got a shot at life.

I remember when I was a child, I would wonder about things that made others think I was wierd... Death was one of them.

I used to gaze up at the stars a lot, and wonder about the space in the air that I couldn't see. The parts of my vision that I could not physically reach up to and touch, and what others actually experienced with their own senses and wholeistic beings. I used to ask myself what temperature was nothingness, if infact, there was any such thing as nothingness... What was matter that was invisible to my naked eye? I began to strengthen inuition thru asking these questions. Often times, I felt (and still do), that I discovered the answers and still am discovering them, but cannot really put them into words per say. It's like an awareness of another language, known only to me. I'm sure some can understand this, but I guess most won't.

I guess all I can say about it, is it's a place of wonderment I like to spend my time in...

Reactions: bamf
I remember when I was a child, I would wonder about things that made others think I was wierd... Death was one of them.

I used to gaze up at the stars a lot, and wonder about the space in the air that I couldn't see. The parts of my vision that I could not physically reach up to and touch, and what others actually experienced with their own senses and wholeistic beings. I used to ask myself what temperature was nothingness, if infact, there was any such thing as nothingness... What was matter that was invisible to my naked eye? I began to strengthen inuition thru asking these questions. Often times, I felt (and still do), that I discovered the answers and still am discovering them, but cannot really put them into words per say. It's like an awareness of another language, known only to me. I'm sure some can understand this, but I guess most won't.

I guess all I can say about it, is it's a place of wonderment I like to spend my time in...

I know what you are saying It was the same for me, coincidentally the temperature of nothingness would be absolute zero.

I know what you are saying It was the same for me, coincidentally the temperature of nothingness would be absolute zero.

I guess in a physical sense it would be... I wonder though, about the spiritual and paradimensional sense...

I guess in a physical sense it would be... I wonder though, about the spiritual and paradimensional sense...

hmm spiritually I wouldn't know I don't believe in spirits, as for paradimentionally, who knows, we have no basis for understanding really once we leave the 3rd dimension. My mind just says Error when I try to consider anything outside of our ethereal reality.

oh i've read that book! it really made an impact on me

What'd you think of it?

I'm curious as to why you think one should be fearful of death.

To me there's a big difference between avoiding death and being fearful of it.
I would like to avoid death for as long as possible because I valuing living in such a way, but when the end does find me I don't want to be panicky as the unavoidable sets in. Death (imo) is just another journey in life. You don't get married before you're ready, just like you avoid death the best you can, but neither have any real reason to be feared (once again, just my opinion).

Because, death is the ultimate limitation. If you don't fear it, what do you fear? Without limitations, what is the point of life? Don't we need something to spur us on to being? It will make our life meaningful. If we don't fear death, it is removing the effect of the limitation. Then, what is the motivation for doing anything?

The real reason that I think we should fear death though is because I think that we ought to consider death evil. I'll admit, there is no real or absolute reason for fearing death. It is just better to think it is evil because if death is evil, life is good. Without this kind of basis, what grounds do you have for action and morality?

When you have had experiences with death and have not let it consume you ("I have shaken the devils hand on a few occasions and he has a very firm grip"), you realise it is just the next step from birth and what is most important is living in the now as that is the only sure thing...now.

I have made peace with the idea that there might just be nothing after death and have also made peace with the idea that there might be a hell (or we are living it) - with me being gay this is a real possibility for me. I felt I needed to face up to it and make peace with it as a teenager. There is a sense of freedom....a freedom from the fear of it.

I do fear the completeness of death (more to the fact that the cycle has ended and that I will not experience living no more) but I am not fearfull to approach death.

Building your intuitive world..

Me too.

It's quite odd but I started a thread once entitled "Death: What's the problem" with the same sentiment of not being bothered just concerned about any pain involved. I got told it was a very INTP point of view... guess that's one more preconception shot down.

As for the temperature of nothing, it wouldn't have one. There's nothing there to hold a temperature or transmit one. I'm guessing here but I would have thought a heat source would be neither insulated nor dispersed with a total lack of anything around it... I'm going to stop there before I derail completely and over think this...

I suspect there is a lot more "something" in "nothing" than there is "nothing" in "nothing."

I don't fear death either. I wouldn't want it to be painful but I see it as it is - a transition that is natural and inevitable.

And I'm curious about the afterlife as well. It is exciting but I hope it's waiting for me in the very, very distant future.