This is going to be an odd question. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

This is going to be an odd question.

Does proximity matter?

Yeah, what I pick up gradually drops after about 10 meters.

It's also muted somewhat by walls and obstacles so it might be half that if there's not a clear shot.

Last edited:
I don't hear what people are thinking but I feel what they are feeling.

About five years ago when i was practicing a bit of healing, something very odd and disturbing happened to me; every time i was close to someone that was suffering from pain i would feel the pain, to a level where one of my friends was having pain in his left knee, i asked him "do you have pain in your left knee?" he says yeah how the hell did you know? This happened several times with back pains, a stomach pain and a few head aches. It went away as i stopped practicing healing. Not sure if i want it back oO

What an interesting topic... I like reading about all of your mutant powers! I have had experiences where other people's email and phone passwords were "told" to me in my mind. In these experiences I found things out that were important for me to know and life changing.

What an interesting topic... I like reading about all of your mutant powers! I have had experiences where other people's email and phone passwords were "told" to me in my mind. In these experiences I found things out that were important for me to know and life changing.

Let's form the X-men!

omg YES!!! the introverted x-men... THE INTRO-X!!! i can see it now... after fighting wrong-doings we all retreat to our rooms and pull the sheets up over our heads :D

Reactions: ThisIsWhoIAm
Let's form the X-men!

omg YES!!! the introverted x-men... THE INTRO-X!!! i can see it now... after fighting wrong-doings we all retreat to our rooms and pull the sheets up over our heads :D
Our costumes will have very muted colors of course....nothing too attention getting...mostly grays and blacks....lololol.
And we will plan to have team meetings every week....but most of us will just stay in that night and chill...lolol.

Is it possible that because the mind is not spending time processing superfluous information as seems to happen with most of the general population, it instead may have the time to process other information that most people do not normally?

About five years ago when i was practicing a bit of healing, something very odd and disturbing happened to me; every time i was close to someone that was suffering from pain i would feel the pain, to a level where one of my friends was having pain in his left knee, i asked him "do you have pain in your left knee?" he says yeah how the hell did you know? This happened several times with back pains, a stomach pain and a few head aches. It went away as i stopped practicing healing. Not sure if i want it back oO

Yeah it can be draining to be around people in discomfort some times, especially when they are sick, sad, or angry.

It is a bonus for me when people are happy though. So in a way it kind of encourages me to look after people.

Yeah it can be draining to be around people in discomfort some times, especially when they are sick, sad, or angry.

It is a bonus for me when people are happy though. So in a way it kind of encourages me to look after people.

Interesting. This may be why I am drawn to happy people as well and always feel so guilty for being around them. Kind of like I am taking something from them.

Interesting. This may be why I am drawn to happy people as well and always feel so guilty for being around them. Kind of like I am taking something from them.

I am in the medical field...if I'm not careful...it can be extremely draining to me....It's hard to describe...I don't know how to put it into words.
Here I'll put it like this....I can watch someone die in the OR...even someone young and have it not bother me...I can turn it on or off I guess...if I don't shut it down then I cannot do my job....but irregardless of the emotions at the time....afterward I am drained....it's as if the empathy, the sympathy that should have normally been emoted hits me all at once and I am done for the day. But it's more than that....the empathy....the pain....it physically manifests itself. Did any of that make sense?

Did any of that make sense?

Sure. Up until a few weeks ago I thought the "draining" aspect of interacting with people was unique to me. I never understood it. Still dont, but I am starting to lean toward the idea that the brain is working overtime on something that is not immediately obvious. To get through it, maybe using something like adrenalin where later when it runs out, its like coming off a high. I do know its one of the reasons I avoid parties and large stagnant crowds.

I am in the medical field...if I'm not careful...it can be extremely draining to me....It's hard to describe...I don't know how to put it into words.
Here I'll put it like this....I can watch someone die in the OR...even someone young and have it not bother me...I can turn it on or off I guess...if I don't shut it down then I cannot do my job....but irregardless of the emotions at the time....afterward I am drained....it's as if the empathy, the sympathy that should have normally been emoted hits me all at once and I am done for the day. But it's more than that....the empathy....the pain....it physically manifests itself. Did any of that make sense?

I think doctors who really want to help their patients give more than just physical treatment, but also some sort of energetic transferring of whatchawannacallit.

And about the pain physically manifesting itself - Some people believe our existence has three different hmmm let's call it dimensions (can't think of a better word at the moment)-

Thoughts, feelings and sensations - like, brain, spirit/mind, and body.

When our feelings are hurt for whatever reason, it sinks in our very own body, and stays there, until we release it by reaching a higher level of consciousness, through meditation (each one and his own technique, as there are quite a few).

Buddhists call these hurts sunk into our bodies "Sankharas". Once you manage to be deeply relaxed and focused, you can feel the pain in your body, and observe what thoughts and feelings it arises. These are the traumas that created this specific pain in the specific area. The longer the pain stayed there, the harder it will be to dissolve. After a few years of doing this i still have quite a lot of sankharas left. It's worth it though. You feel as if you have freed energy that was stuck as Mass, and you become more fluid and potent gradually.

I have a feeling you do this intuitively however :)

Sure. Up until a few weeks ago I thought the "draining" aspect of interacting with people was unique to me. I never understood it. Still dont, but I am starting to lean toward the idea that the brain is working overtime on something that is not immediately obvious. To get through it, maybe using something like adrenalin where later when it runs out, its like coming off a high. I do know its one of the reasons I avoid parties and large stagnant crowds.

You hit the nail on the head there....I am basically a shut-in...lolol....the thing is I freaking love it....I hate interacting face to face with anyone but Sensiko who is my wonderful other half (we met on here BTW) The people at work know better than to ask me to join them for anything...I won't show up, it's not that I cannot be social, in fact I can be the most charismatic person in the room...but it is so damned draining that it isn't worth my time.
I honestly feel that there are psychic vampires out there...I know that sounds insane but I feel that there are certain people who drain the energy from those they can....I'm sure you have met a few....certain people whom after meeting them you feel like you ran a marathon....and they get off on draining you....I don't think it's a conscious thing for them, but I do believe they exist. I can shut them out if I realize they are working me over...but once again...it has to be realized and a conscious effort has to be made.
IDK maybe I'm just insane.

Reactions: jyrffw54
You hit the nail on the head there....I am basically a shut-in...lolol....the thing is I freaking love it....I hate interacting face to face with anyone but Sensiko who is my wonderful other half (we met on here BTW) The people at work know better than to ask me to join them for anything...I won't show up, it's not that I cannot be social, in fact I can be the most charismatic person in the room...but it is so damned draining that it isn't worth my time.
I honestly feel that there are psychic vampires out there...I know that sounds insane but I feel that there are certain people who drain the energy from those they can....I'm sure you have met a few....certain people whom after meeting them you feel like you ran a marathon....and they get off on draining you....I don't think it's a conscious thing for them, but I do believe they exist. I can shut them out if I realize they are working me over...but once again...it has to be realized and a conscious effort has to be made.
IDK maybe I'm just insane.

Yes, certain people seem to be more draining than others. Whether they are draining you or you yourself are working on something in relation to your interaction with them and it is that which is taking your energy is up for debate though. Never the less I know the feeling.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I think doctors who really want to help their patients give more than just physical treatment, but also some sort of energetic transferring of whatchawannacallit.

And about the pain physically manifesting itself - Some people believe our existence has three different hmmm let's call it dimensions (can't think of a better word at the moment)-

Thoughts, feelings and sensations - like, brain, spirit/mind, and body.

When our feelings are hurt for whatever reason, it sinks in our very own body, and stays there, until we release it by reaching a higher level of consciousness, through meditation (each one and his own technique, as there are quite a few).

Buddhists call these hurts sunk into our bodies "Sankharas". Once you manage to be deeply relaxed and focused, you can feel the pain in your body, and observe what thoughts and feelings it arises. These are the traumas that created this specific pain in the specific area. The longer the pain stayed there, the harder it will be to dissolve. After a few years of doing this i still have quite a lot of sankharas left. It's worth it though. You feel as if you have freed energy that was stuck as Mass, and you become more fluid and potent gradually.

I have a feeling you do this intuitively however :)
I think I do this intuitively for certain situations.....but not always....I'm not Buddhist...nor am I really Christian....I believe in all the religions...because I don't think it is in man's power to understand and practice....I like to take bits from here and there....lolol.
There are times when I think the arthritis in my back is transferred from the work I do. IDK.

Honest to god....I dated this girl once....late one night, I didn't want to call since it was like 3am, but, I pictured myself traveling across all the streets that it would take to reach her in my mind....and when I got to her house and room....I asked her to call me and 2 seconds later I kid you not the damned phone rang. But the strangest thing is that when I am sick, or if I have a nightmare, drunk...etc. Not in my right mind....things get knocked over...knocks on the walls....there was even a whole row of empty hangers on a rack that were violently crashed into with no one and no objects being thrown...I even checked for earthquakes....no possible explanation...other than me....or I could be haunted I suppose...but I have never seen an apparition. Trippy stuff.

Coincidence?

Coincidence?

I seriously doubt that it was...I have duplicated the results. Not recently but duplicated nonetheless.
The hanger thing was the strangest....I was with my ex-wife before we got married house-sitting for her parents....we had a bit of wine...not drunk or anything just a couple of glasses...
We went to go to bed and in her former bedroom was a rolling hanger rack with a bunch of empty hangers on it....just at the point where I was drifting off to sleep...CRASH!
I thought at first my ex had thrown a pillow or perhaps got hot and took off her top and tossed it....she was on the other side of the bed from where the rack was...it was closest to me....I jumped up and flipped on the light....hangers still rocking, nothing was hanging either....nothing on the floor, no pillow....nothing. My ex freaked out and refused to sleep in that room that night...I checked the next morning to see if there was an earthquake...it was the only explanation....all the windows were closed....the bedroom door was closed....we didn't even have a fan on. Since then, whenever I have had a altered state of mind i.e.- sick, drunk, etc. things get knocked over....i had a clock on the dresser fly onto the floor once....my current girlfriend has told me of knocks on the walls, the bedroom door, etc. A lot of the time the loud noises occur as I'm waking from a dream...there was a really loud bang once on the bedroom door as I woke a few months ago. I have no explanation for any of it...except some sort of PK, or I am haunted....which could very well be the case...let me just say some fucked stuff happened to me as a child that could support that theory.

or I am haunted.....

I personally believe, assuming there is not some other explanation, you would be causing this yourself. I would believe in telekinesis long before a sentient spirit taking time out of its busy schedule to knock some stuff around just as you are getting ready to fall asleep. Seriously, you could put me on one of those ghost shows and I would be like "whatever" as the other people ran around capturing evps of their stomachs making noise.

Not knocking your experiences, I believe them. Just not the idea ghosts are hanging out with you.

I personally believe, assuming there is not some other explanation, you would be causing this yourself. I would believe in telekinesis long before a sentient spirit taking time out of its busy schedule to knock some stuff around just as you are getting ready to fall asleep. Seriously, you could put me on one of those ghost shows and I would be like "whatever" as the other people ran around capturing evps of their stomachs making noise.

Not knocking your experiences, I believe them. Just not the idea ghosts are hanging out with you.
When I was a child around age 3....my parents were sitting in the living room as me and my brother were sleeping....all of the sudden they heard a loud moan...from the voice of a man...deep....nothing a child could create....my Dad went and grabbed the billy club next to his bed (had it left over from Vietnam) and was ready to bash someone's head in...but there was no one there....windows closed and latched. When I was around age 6 or 7 my brother got a remote control R2D2 for Christmas...he put it back in the box and stored it under the bed directly under my pillow (bunk-beds)...I awoke to the sound of the wheels grinding against the styrofoam in the box and ran screaming from the room....so maybe a couple weeks go by and it's up on the dresser....I awoke to the little red light moving back and forth by itself and once again ran screaming from the room. My Dad gave me the shaky explanation that maybe it picked up radio waves from something....uh huh...sure Dad...those had to be some strong ass radio waves in just the right frequency to control it...at 3am or whatever time it was. I had nightmares as a child for as long as I can think back...usually I stayed in my house...the thing was I started to lose my sanity as a child because when I was dreaming I would hear a certain noise...I can't explain it....like an electrical crackling with a whistling noise in the background...I knew I had to get back to my bed and wake up or i was about to be assaulted by something...usually a reoccurring name that I refuse to speak or write...but I have looked up and I'm not the first one to hear that name. So I had these dreams where I had to get back to myself in bed and wake up....so I would run in my dreams and wake up and not realize I was awake and scream and scream and scream....I could not differentiate dreaming from reality....EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I put in another post that I was tested for learning disabilities (ha! just the opposite mo-fos!) at UCLA...well normally they would just test you in school for those....the reason it was at UCLA was partially because of the dreams...I don't recall everything that I was tested for nor did I understand what was really going on at the time....but I do remember getting tested for ESP...my Mom still has the results somewhere...it was 85% correct....wow....that's pretty cool. Anyhow, my point is...I could have been astrally projecting at an early age and running into not so nice things out there...or maybe things I just didn't understand at the time, if you believe that either.
Maybe I was controlling that damned R2D2 myself...it was right under my head....IDK....all I know it that it traumatized me as a child and as a chid you connect such things to ghosts not to yourself.

When I was a child around age 3....my parents were sitting in the living room as me and my brother were sleeping....all of the sudden they heard a loud moan...from the voice of a man...deep....nothing a child could create....my Dad went and grabbed the billy club next to his bed (had it left over from Vietnam) and was ready to bash someone's head in...but there was no one there....windows closed and latched. When I was around age 6 or 7 my brother got a remote control R2D2 for Christmas...he put it back in the box and stored it under the bed directly under my pillow (bunk-beds)...I awoke to the sound of the wheels grinding against the styrofoam in the box and ran screaming from the room....so maybe a couple weeks go by and it's up on the dresser....I awoke to the little red light moving back and forth by itself and once again ran screaming from the room. My Dad gave me the shaky explanation that maybe it picked up radio waves from something....uh huh...sure Dad...those had to be some strong ass radio waves in just the right frequency to control it...at 3am or whatever time it was. I had nightmares as a child for as long as I can think back...usually I stayed in my house...the thing was I started to lose my sanity as a child because when I was dreaming I would hear a certain noise...I can't explain it....like an electrical crackling with a whistling noise in the background...I knew I had to get back to my bed and wake up or i was about to be assaulted by something...usually a reoccurring name that I refuse to speak or write...but I have looked up and I'm not the first one to hear that name. So I had these dreams where I had to get back to myself in bed and wake up....so I would run in my dreams and wake up and not realize I was awake and scream and scream and scream....I could not differentiate dreaming from reality....EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I put in another post that I was tested for learning disabilities (ha! just the opposite mo-fos!) at UCLA...well normally they would just test you in school for those....the reason it was at UCLA was partially because of the dreams...I don't recall everything that I was tested for nor did I understand what was really going on at the time....but I do remember getting tested for ESP...my Mom still has the results somewhere...it was 85% correct....wow....that's pretty cool. Anyhow, my point is...I could have been astrally projecting at an early age and running into not so nice things out there...or maybe things I just didn't understand at the time, if you believe that either.
Maybe I was controlling that damned R2D2 myself...it was right under my head....IDK....all I know it that it traumatized me as a child and as a chid you connect such things to ghosts not to yourself.

Well, about the items moving, as far as i know it might yourself doing it subconsciously. And maybe not.

However, about that name, seems like you have a very strong channeling ability since you were young. I had a few of these experiences at my early 20's, but i decided i want none of that spooky shit and shut it off. Sometimes it's a little open and i close it somehow with my willpower... Don't have a better explanation at the moment...

I'm probably going to have to confront it some day, but at the moment i have too much on my mind and in my life.

You on the other hand... I'm not sure you can close it that easily... Sounds like it's a big part of your life. Maybe you should learn to channel positive vibes instead of negative ones?

My 2 cents.

Reactions: Skarekrow