This is going to be an odd question. | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

This is going to be an odd question.

Well, about the items moving, as far as i know it might yourself doing it subconsciously. And maybe not.

However, about that name, seems like you have a very strong channeling ability since you were young. I had a few of these experiences at my early 20's, but i decided i want none of that spooky shit and shut it off. Sometimes it's a little open and i close it somehow with my willpower... Don't have a better explanation at the moment...

I'm probably going to have to confront it some day, but at the moment i have too much on my mind and in my life.

You on the other hand... I'm not sure you can close it that easily... Sounds like it's a big part of your life. Maybe you should learn to channel positive vibes instead of negative ones?

My 2 cents.
Thank you...
I have a feeling you may be right....if only I could master it I could do some way cool sh!t....lol. Not even close to that though....only happens on accident.
I know you may think based upon music from the Sad Songs thread that that is all I listen to and am therefore a sad and negative person....that is not so.
I generally have a positive outlook in most things and feel that I am a mostly happy well-adjusted person....I do have an odd streak with my music but then again who doesn't have an odd streak about something? Check out my postings in what are you listening to now if you want more of my own variety....they aren't all sad.
As far as your own abilities...I for one believe you....I have seen too many strange things growing up as a child and now as an adult for certain things to just be written off.

In the end, if you have convinced yourself "spirits", entities whatever are drawn to you, then that is what is happening because no one will ever convince you differently. As a child I was scared of normal stuff, ghosts etc... As I grew older and a little before I stopped believing in any "god(s)," I stopped believing in ghosts or entities. I do believe in the potential for bleed through from other dimensions and in recorded "information" for certain areas and places and that people may be calling these things ghosts.

When younger I searched my mind for why the idea of a ghost would scare me. The idea that something is invisible, can affect you and there is nothing you can do to stop it is perhaps one of the scariest s things I can imagine. No matter how hard you fight and struggle, you cant abate its will over you. Funny that I have run into this scenario with my own health these days. Actually its not funny.

If I thought there was something invisible f'ing with me? I would spend every waking second trying to figure out how to either understand it or how to destroy it if I decided it was malevolent.

In the end, if you have convinced yourself "spirits", entities whatever are drawn to you, then that is what is happening because no one will ever convince you differently. As a child I was scared of normal stuff, ghosts etc... As I grew older and a little before I stopped believing in any "god(s)," I stopped believing in ghosts or entities. I do believe in the potential for bleed through from other dimensions and in recorded "information" for certain areas and places and that people may be calling these things ghosts.

When younger I searched my mind for why the idea of a ghost would scare me. The idea that something is invisible, can affect you and there is nothing you can do to stop it is perhaps one of the scariest s things I can imagine. No matter how hard you fight and struggle, you cant abate its will over you. Funny that I have run into this scenario with my own health these days. Actually its not funny.

If I thought there was something invisible f'ing with me? I would spend every waking second trying to figure out how to either understand it or how to destroy it if I decided it was malevolent.

IDK....call me ignorant then....lol...I am but am not a religious person if that makes sense? I sort of believe in them all....I think most of them have parts that are positive and good and also true.... as far as malevolent spirits go...I have had interactions with my Father after he died....it's kind of a long and personal story...I will tell you if you like but not on the open forum. So to me it would only make sense that there be the opposite to the good that I viewed as my Father...I'm not saying that there is a malevolent spirit making these things happen in my life, but as a child I am not so sure....I still believe that there was something there....maybe part of it was me and that attracted something that I shouldn't have....idk. I do know that I was very ill a few months ago...very ill. I feel at certain times I crossed to an in-between place...that is how I see it.....I suppose one could write it off as delirium or it just being a vivid dream...guess you had to be there....lol.

IDK....call me ignorant then....lol...I am but am not a religious person if that makes sense? I sort of believe in them all....I think most of them have parts that are positive and good and also true.... as far as malevolent spirits go...I have had interactions with my Father after he died....it's kind of a long and personal story...I will tell you if you like but not on the open forum. So to me it would only make sense that there be the opposite to the good that I viewed as my Father...I'm not saying that there is a malevolent spirit making these things happen in my life, but as a child I am not so sure....I still believe that there was something there....maybe part of it was me and that attracted something that I shouldn't have....idk. I do know that I was very ill a few months ago...very ill. I feel at certain times I crossed to an in-between place...that is how I see it.....I suppose one could write it off as delirium or it just being a vivid dream...guess you had to be there....lol.

Two people with different experiences and views as a result. Who is right? I will not say you are wrong for my doing so would only be out of ignorance.
Should I find myself there are spirits in this universe, I would be very uncomfortable to say the least. I would have to rethink my own existence and what I want to do with it. It is likely for this reason I will always be highly resistant to the idea.

I hope you find your answers.

Two people with different experiences and views as a result. Who is right? I will not say you are wrong for my doing so would only be out of ignorance.
Should I find myself there are spirits in this universe, I would be very uncomfortable to say the least. I would have to rethink my own existence and what I want to do with it. It is likely for this reason I will always be highly resistant to the idea.

I hope you find your answers.

I didn't mean to sound hostile if that is how you perceived it....not my intention. We of course are two very different people who have had two very different experiences growing up and cannot possibly relate on certain things....totally normal I would say.....lol.
I do appreciate your input. It would be very cool for me to one day be able to control what seems so random and uncontrollable....that is my own burden I suppose.
I think I am always rethinking my own existence....not in a major form....I constantly struggle with the idea of our lives blinking out when we die or the energy that makes up who we are continuing on....even after my experience with my Dad.....still difficult for me.

I constantly struggle with the idea of our lives blinking out when we die or the energy that makes up who we are continuing on....even after my experience with my Dad.....still difficult for me.

Been there done that. It does become easier with time. What no one ever tells you is that it only becomes easier because you learn ways to travel around the hole. Never a way to fill it though.

For what it is worth, while I do not believe in ghosts, I do believe our energy continues on and permeates all existence. I believe it is not only never ending, but has always been. It is in this way while you may not "see" your father again, you will know him again.

Been there done that. It does become easier with time. What no one ever tells you is that it only becomes easier because you learn ways to travel around the hole. Never a way to fill it though.

For what it is worth, while I do not believe in ghosts, I do believe our energy continues on and permeates all existence. I believe it is not only never ending, but has always been. It is in this way while you may not "see" your father again, you will know him again.
That is basically the way I see things...but, perhaps the energy from certain people hangs about a bit too long....I feel like my Father stuck around for a month or two and then was basically gone....once in a while I feel him around...traces....but not him entirely. That is why I really haven't been back to the cemetery where he is buried since the first year anniversary....I don't feel that he is there. I also follow the Buddhist ideal of our energy dispersing into the universe, becoming part of conscious collective...yet still individual somehow....the funny thing is, is that the other major religions in this world believe the same thing only on a different level. So I feel there has to be something to that...also, if you have read up on near death experiences and subscribe to it the similarities are too coincidental.
I had a fleeting "vision" of my whole family meeting in the fog...and I knew in my heart that we were all dead....at the same time I knew that this life we are living now was just a momentary instant. A flash in the pan when it came to the whole scheme of things. I try to hold on to that.

I do it mostly to the people I know. When an acquaintance or a friend ask me something, I already did it for them because I already knew what they were going to ask.