Things you never understood... | INFJ Forum

Things you never understood...

LucyJr

Aug 10, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Just thought it would be interesting to share some things we never understood, at least to this present time :D
And maybe we can even discuss and explain, the ones that do understand and have some ideas, what is the nature and understanding of the issues.

I'm sorry, I'm confused. Can you clarify for me what you mean by "things we never understood"? :m075:

I don't understand the concept of economics. It boggles my mind. I mean, I understand on an individual level, one person gives another person something in expectation of something deemed of equal value in return. But beyond that I am completely lost. I don't really believe in the government being able to determine the value of something...the dollar for instance...I don't even know, I just don't understand it beyond the individual trading of property. But beyond that, I don't even understand the idea of property very well xD I just don't think humans can claim ownership over pieces of the natural world. We don't own anything. It's all a part of the world we were born into, and we're all going to die at some point and then none of what we considered our "property" means shit. It's just a lie people tell themselves so they can feel like they are safe, or like they matter. That's how I see it anyway. Well I'm just rambling now.

Soooo basically I don't understand large-scale economics.

Reactions: muir
I also don't understand a lot of math.

I don't understand the concept of economics. It boggles my mind. I mean, I understand on an individual level, one person gives another person something in expectation of something deemed of equal value in return. But beyond that I am completely lost. I don't really believe in the government being able to determine the value of something...the dollar for instance...I don't even know, I just don't understand it beyond the individual trading of property. But beyond that, I don't even understand the idea of property very well xD I just don't think humans can claim ownership over pieces of the natural world. We don't own anything. It's all a part of the world we were born into, and we're all going to die at some point and then none of what we considered our "property" means shit. It's just a lie people tell themselves so they can feel like they are safe, or like they matter. That's how I see it anyway. Well I'm just rambling now.

microeconomics (in my opinion) is intuitive. it's about trends and human reactions involving $$, buying & selling.

macroeconomics can get confusing.

That makes sense. I guess I just don't intuitively get it because I don't believe in assigning trade value to things

Like if we were in some sort of post-apocalyptic wasteland and some person asked me for some of my water, I would be like "sure" and give it to them, and then I wouldn't expect anything in return except maybe that they would want to keep me company. But if not that's cool I guess.

This is funny, because I also have this problem.
I understand all the stuff in a rationalised way, but not in a real way! I don't get "a feel" for it, I don't get its essence, its necessity.

Like if we were in some sort of post-apocalyptic wasteland and some person asked me for some of my water, I would be like "sure" and give it to them, and then I wouldn't expect anything in return except maybe that they would want to keep me company. But if not that's cool I guess.

Exactly. You put it so well.

I gues my biggest problem is to understand all the "practical wisdom". I mean, I have friends who talk about all the practical stuffs, buying and selling, all the planning, all the "likes" and "dislikes", yet i never quite understood its essence. I pretend I know, but in reality I feel like a idiot.

I gues my biggest problem is to understand all the "practical wisdom". I mean, I have friends who talk about all the practical stuffs, buying and selling, all the planning, all the "likes" and "dislikes", yet i never quite understood its essence. I pretend I know, but in reality I feel like a idiot.

I feel the same way. I just don't believe in it at a core, so I guess I should just accept the fact that I'll never understand it and be happy about that!

I'm so glad someone understands!!! :)

Yeah, one of my freinds laughed about me because a little lady tried to cheat me with some thickets, and I was just...not angry enough. At least that's what my friend told me, he couldn't stop laughing, he told me anyone could take a advantage on me.

Yeah, one of my freinds laughed about me because a little lady tried to cheat me with some thickets, and I was just...not angry enough. At least that's what my friend told me, he couldn't stop laughing, he told me anyone could take a advantage on me.

My parents are the same way with me. My mom would never let me give money to homeless people and my dad just never expects the best in everyone like I do, so sometimes he sees me as being naive. But I'm really not naive, I just choose to hope for the best except maybe if it comes down to protecting my own life.

You guys ever wonder that there may be a reason you feel the way you do with economics? Maybe those that feel they have it all figured out aren't right at all.

I never understood kiwis ...they're so hairy...I don't my fruit hairy!

:shocked:

I never understood how people can willing accept explanations that exist only with in the fantasy world of the mind and not move out of or past it when knowledge is put in front of them..

For example, the gods of old reigned for a very long time. Zeus, Loki...Enki and Inanna.

Where to begin? I never understood why some people choose to just give up instead of resolving a problem.

I can't comprehend how we were able to build these gigantic monuments like the pyramids even in ancient times. If everybody was like me there would just be constant revolts and whoever survived the bloodbath would emerge as nomads who don't bother wasting their precious time on elaborate monuments :p

I never understood how people don't understand things that I understand.
I also don't understand how I don't understand things that I don't understand.

I also don't understand how people think they understand things that they don't understand while I do understand that I probably don't understand what I think I understand.

[video=youtube;0OK6GpIXAo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OK6GpIXAo8[/video]

Reactions: say what