Things you never understood... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Things you never understood...

I know nothing. There's nothing that I understand, because the motive behind everything is corrupt and meaningless. When I saw the name of the thread, I just heard the Dr. Cox character from Scrubs saying "everything everything everything everything everything everything" over and over again. It's still going!

So you know that you know nothing...

I never understood why picking up a bird that flew into a window felt so wonderful when it flew away. I never understood why I was ever supposed to accept things I could not change, or if I was just giving up. I never understood why God would want me to see something others could not see. I never understood why everyone expects one to be normal, when normal to them may be different? Why an occasional storm teaches me not to be angry. Why seeing someone die teaches me not to think poorly of someone, if I was thinking poorly about them. Putting everything together, I never understood what my purpose is after I fulfilled my purpose. What do I do now?

Reactions: La Sagna
I don't understand skinny and fat-shaming.

I think its about health and all that, and also it has to do with laziness or not laziness.

I never understood how someone that says they love you can be so inconsiderate.

Reactions: La Sagna
I don't understand the concept of economics. It boggles my mind. I mean, I understand on an individual level, one person gives another person something in expectation of something deemed of equal value in return. But beyond that I am completely lost. I don't really believe in the government being able to determine the value of something...the dollar for instance...I don't even know, I just don't understand it beyond the individual trading of property. But beyond that, I don't even understand the idea of property very well xD I just don't think humans can claim ownership over pieces of the natural world. We don't own anything. It's all a part of the world we were born into, and we're all going to die at some point and then none of what we considered our "property" means shit. It's just a lie people tell themselves so they can feel like they are safe, or like they matter. That's how I see it anyway. Well I'm just rambling now.

Soooo basically I don't understand large-scale economics.

Economies are cultural/social systems of exchange and economics is the study of such things.

The value of something, i.e. its currency which is a word with original and related senses of flowing and circulating like water current, blood flow/circulation, electrical current, etc.,

currency (n.) 1650s, "condition of flowing," from Latin currens, present participle of currere "to run" (see current (adj.)); the sense of a flow or course extended 1699 (by John Locke) to "circulation of money."

is based on the relative effects of labor and the ideological absolutism of numeracy (that is to say that the relation between numerals is absolute and 10 dollars is always and absolutely worth double what a 5 dollar bill is). Physical currency is nothing more than legally sactioned I.O.U.s. The basis for legally sactioning it is due to a social need for reparative enforcement of trust and good faith that underlies its usage, i.e. if you were ever taken to court and found obligated to some debt that you decided wasn't "real" in some ideological fashion until you were forcibly made to participate under threat of punishment. An American court isn't going to force you to repay a debtor in unicorn horns, but American currency.

It is important to note here that legally sactioned doesn't force one to participate except in those instances where there is an established agreement that you have willingly entered into a debt agreement wherewith you agreed to the exchange of a legal tender for goods or services or other things particular to the circumstances, like usage of intellectual property rights. You agree to do so simply because legal tender is a liquid asset which means that it is highly transferable.

Money, or cash, is the most liquid asset, because it can be "sold" for goods and services instantly with no loss of value. There is no wait for a suitable buyer of the cash. There is no trade-off between speed and value. It can be used immediately to perform economic actions like buying, selling, or paying debt, meeting immediate wants and needs.

Last edited:
I don't understand people who believe that they are "superior" to others.

I don't understand people who point out other's physical "flaws." For example: someone who has a mole on their face, KNOWS that they have a mole on their face. I don't get why some people have to point out things like that when it's so irrelevant.

I don't understand materialism. A $5000 handbag or a $5000 vacation? I'd choose the latter. Although, some individuals won't settle for anything less than both options.

I never understood kiwis ...they're so hairy...I don't my fruit hairy!

You're so funny. At least you're supposed to peel kiwis. I don't eat peaches because I can't be bothered peeling them and I don't like how the fuzz on the skin feels when you bite into it.

I think its about health and all that, and also it has to do with laziness or not laziness.

fat shaming is often about assuming being fat = being laziness...which it's not!

I don't understand the concept of economics. It boggles my mind. I mean, I understand on an individual level, one person gives another person something in expectation of something deemed of equal value in return. But beyond that I am completely lost. I don't really believe in the government being able to determine the value of something...the dollar for instance...I don't even know, I just don't understand it beyond the individual trading of property. But beyond that, I don't even understand the idea of property very well xD I just don't think humans can claim ownership over pieces of the natural world. We don't own anything. It's all a part of the world we were born into, and we're all going to die at some point and then none of what we considered our "property" means shit. It's just a lie people tell themselves so they can feel like they are safe, or like they matter. That's how I see it anyway. Well I'm just rambling now.

Economists don't really understand economics either. They constantly contradict each other and make predictions that never come true. Here's an article that talks about how economists are almost always wrong.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/wrong-again_784910.html

I don't understand why people enjoy making other people feel bad.

I don't understand schadenfreude, taking pleasure in other people's misfortunes.

fat shaming is often about assuming being fat = being laziness...which it's not!

That is true.

But you know, there is also the whole "health" concept, and people who have this fix in their mind consider being fat as a self-indulgence (which let's be honest, often it really is), as a inconsideration toward one's own body.

Last edited:
I don't understand materialism. A $5000 handbag or a $5000 vacation? I'd choose the latter. Although, some individuals won't settle for anything less than both options.
Materialism is not the same with practical wisdom.
Many people think they aren't materialistic, when in reality they lack practical wisdom.

I wish I understood why I'm deathly afraid of insects.

Reactions: just me
I don't understand how I come across to other people. I'm guessing I appear a bit like an alien.

Don't worry, I have a college degree in Business and work in a field of government economics, and from what I've seen there I'm pretty sure that most of economists with PhD-s, politicians and state presidents don't really understand large-scale economics. My personal belief is that the whole concept of large-scale economics was created to confuse people and not to be understood by general population.

I just don't think humans can claim ownership over pieces of the natural world. We don't own anything. It's all a part of the world we were born into, and we're all going to die at some point and then none of what we considered our "property" means shit. It's just a lie people tell themselves so they can feel like they are safe, or like they matter. That's how I see it anyway.

I mostly agree with that.

I mean, I understand on an individual level, one person gives another person something in expectation of something deemed of equal value in return.

Not always lol... a lot of people/salesmen/companies will try to cheat you by convincing you that you are receiving something of equal or greater value by giving them something they want (which is money in most cases), when actually the product /service/whatever they're offering is not worth a quarter of money that you give them in return... On an individual scale it's called ripping someone off, on a larger scale it's called marketing.

Not always lol... a lot of people/salesmen/companies will try to cheat you by convincing you that you are receiving something of equal or greater value by giving them something they want (which is money in most cases), when actually the product /service/whatever they're offering is not worth a quarter of money that you give them in return... On an individual scale it's called ripping someone off, on a larger scale it's called marketing.

Well trading/selling is usually centered around profit and/or utility.

If monetary value is equal and you don't consider utility then there's no point in trading. That'd be like me giving you a potato and you giving me an identical potato. We could just as easily not trade and save the effort - in fact, in a strictly literal sense, meeting and trading consumes energy so if we trade identical potatoes we actually both lose something in comparison to keeping our own potato.

Now on the other hand, if we say a potato and a bottle of water are monetarily equal, but I'm thirsty and you are hungry, your water is worth more to me than my potato and vice versa. In a case like that both can gain something from the trade.