Things about your type that don't fit you. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Things about your type that don't fit you.

I don't think anyone has ever described me as childlike.
If anything, people have described me as too serious looking (LOL) and wise for my age.

Not really a dreamer either, more of a space case, organizing the chaos in my brain. Planning. Plotting. 😬

Intj
It's not in most descriptions, but a lot of intjs seem to express intense disgust with, or aversion to people exemplifying the capital sins of sloth and gluttony.

While, admittedly, I get uncomfortable when people boast about contributing nothing to society, or eating excessively or luxuriously, I don't feel I fit in with other intjs when they're expressing their intense aversion. There's a strong streak of pride and condemnation/judgement of others in many intjs, including in myself, but I find the idea of basking in, or being okay with these tendencies to be worse than the other capital sins.

My disconnect with other intjs may just arise from the high preponderance of secularism/atheism among intjs, and my desire to be Christian. Indeed, sometimes intjs can seem quite evil to me, at least in part because I've been and still am a bad intj.

I must say that AJ Drenth's site has a pretty good description of INFJ in so far as it fits me:

There's a lot of nonsense out there. As well as the stuff that's just plain wrong, we don't get much in the way of how our psychological health can impact on the way we relate to our type description. It seems to me that many folks have not developed their dominant or secondary functions very well, for example, or are stressed and slipping in and out of an inferior grip a lot of the time. If we are in one of these states, then the type descriptions won't fit very well. I found too that my social environment could make a big difference - particularly if it's not too far removed from my own in terms of predominating type. I'd never have been influenced by a strong ES community for example, but my workplace was dominated by INTx folks and that had a profound influence on how I adjusted to it.

I don't like the stereotype in general of introverted types as sitting on a window sill with a book, netflix, a cat, headphones and a mug of cocoa, watching the raindrops slide down the window.

INFJs in particular are portrayed as gentle peacekeepers who don't mind endlessly supporting others and getting nothing in return.

I'm a nice person to those who are nice to me, but I'm significantly less nice to everyone else. Showing empathy in this world is like opening your mouth wide so people can shit down your throat.