The work of Satan... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The work of Satan...

My friend's younger sister "found god" when her parents did.
She had a huge, beautiful collection of glass unicorns.
She destroyed them all, denouncing them as satanic,
as she believed her god, through her pastor, wanted her to do, to prove her faith.

While I practice no religion currently, I went to parochial school and evolutionary theory was discussed.
We were told that god created everything, and when creatures evolve, it is god's will at that moment, thus his creation.

Idk, or care what the religious rationale is, or how various religions back-peddle and explain science in a way
that still meshes with their teachings in order to keep followers or retain their own faith.
I think this is what many do, but there are always those religions who expect their adherents to follow blindly,
regardless of their illogical dogma that opposes science. And there are always those who will allow themselves to be led.

So, I don't necessarily believe this person is trolling. I could be wrong, but there are others who do have these views, so it hardly matters.

You cannot possibly respect others views all the time. You really do have to ignore them, unless you want to always feel pissed off by the idiocy of people/sheeple.

Imo, there are far worse things she could be doing than not allowing her kid to play with dinosaurs or dress up for Halloween.
*considers dressing up like someone from "biblical times" for Halloween, weighing it against dressing up as an atheistic dinosaur*

*abandons both ideas in favor up dressing up like a fairy unicorn with sparklies*

Maybe you are right. Maybe I just need to learn to ignore some people. There is no sense in always being frustrated.

If you truely Believe in God "Then Ask him for your awnser?"

lets get an underastanding across,
i AM a christian - I do believe in God - and i DO believe in evolution. lets explain breifly why.
It "the bible" DID say God created the universe and humans, it did not say by which methods he accomplished this result ie. (evolution)
evolution HAS indeed been proven to be "unreliable theory" alone, and as it seems so has God (consciouss universe) alone.
so what we do here is incorperate both, ok.

so - lets say, evolution DOES take place, BUT only according to the universal consciousness that WE ARE a part of.
"Thus both perception have been proven possible in this context of openmindedness

its as if i said UP exists and YOU said DOWN exists, I say have we become so closed minded to not wait before establishing our opinions as truth?

i AM a christian - I do believe in God - and i DO believe in evolution. lets explain breifly why.
It "the bible" DID say God created the universe and humans, it did not say by which methods he accomplished this result ie. (evolution)
evolution HAS indeed been proven to be "unreliable theory" alone, and as it seems so has God (consciouss universe) alone.

so - lets say, evolution DOES take place, BUT only according to the universal consciousness that WE ARE a part of.
"Thus both perception have been proven possible in this context of openmindedness

its as if i said UP exists and YOU said DOWN exists, I say have we become so closed minded to not wait before establishing our opinions as truth?

One issue is the order. The Bible says that God created sea creatures and birds on the same day, the fifth day, when evolutionarily sea creatures preceded birds by billions of years. Then on the sixth day God created life on land including reptiles, which evolutionarily would have preceded birds.

The Bible does not work with evolution. God and evolution you could make an argument, but the Bible simply does not work. The Bible is just factually wrong.

No. It is not. The world is not 6,000 years old. There is objective evidence that is not the case. There is no objective evidence of Satan or God. As Arsal said, some opinions can be proven factually wrong. That opinion is wrong.

One could argue that all things are subjective, that true objective evidence does not exist no matter what "scientific" evidence one produces. Hence, she MAY BE right...there is always an element, no matter how statistically tiny, that your opinion could be "right". LOL, but then I would just be trying to exert control over a situation that I do not have control over. Such is life.

One could argue that all things are subjective, that true objective evidence does not exist no matter what "scientific" evidence one produces. Hence, she MAY BE right...there is always an element, no matter how statistically tiny, that your opinion could be "right". LOL, but then I would just be trying to exert control over a situation that I do not have control over. Such is life.

If you are arguing a post modernistic perspective then nobody could be right or wrong.

[video=youtube;-qmglGWMsdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmglGWMsdk[/video]

Edit: Long version

Last edited:
@Satya the bible is just teachings and lessons put into story form. it shouldnt be taken so literally, and condemning people for taking it literally is self-defeating. they go into defensive mode and you just exacerbate the problem.

objective evidence is overrated. 300 years ago, there was 'objective evidence' that people could not get to the moon. now is there objective evidence we cant? 'facts' change with the wind.

Actually, I don't think she's trolling...I know people exactly like that in real life, most of them are Mormons. I feel sad for people so ignorant, but to each their own.

EDIT:
I should add that by ignorant, I mean choosing not to acknowledge historical and scientific evidence. I am not implying that they are stupid, in any way.

Last edited:
If you are arguing a post modernistic perspective then nobody could be right or wrong.
You could be right, you could be wrong. Who said I was arguing?

One issue is the order. The Bible says that God created sea creatures and birds on the same day, the fifth day, when evolutionarily sea creatures preceded birds by billions of years. Then on the sixth day God created life on land including reptiles, which evolutionarily would have preceded birds.

The Bible does not work with evolution. God and evolution you could make an argument, but the Bible simply does not work. The Bible is just factually wrong.

One thing needs to be made clear, the bible is an relatively accurate source of information under the correct obsevation , But THERE IS a symolic content within its context at times. an example is the psalms: these are a set of songs and prayers (obviously symbolic) but descriptive when understood corectly in the context off NOW
one reason being accordig to historical studies is that during the time span the biblical literature was being written story books were not established as a form of writting
only observational literature WAS.
another reason being is that the accuracy of historical events is phenominal, if the bible stated that a plague took place within a selected timespan, our historians would have found thus events viable using methods from archeaology.

Remember: days didnt exist the same way they do today, thousands of years ago AND translated from languages like egyption and hebrew, english is a very defined language but its decriptive capability in spiritual context is restricted.
understanding that our ancestors saw days as somewhat like seasons - means the creation of human kind by the GOd or universal consciousness using evolution, it took a timespan which is irrelevant next to the proper motion taking place within the universe.

please stay open minded to God my friends, i cannot define everything for you, but i can define ALOT when it comes to spiritual context.
and i can cater for your differing perspectives,
I dont wish to tell any of you that you are wrong but i CAN show you what you might be missing in you analisation.

@Satya the bible is just teachings and lessons put into story form. it shouldnt be taken so literally, and condemning people for taking it literally is self-defeating. they go into defensive mode and you just exacerbate the problem.

objective evidence is overrated. 300 years ago, there was 'objective evidence' that people could not get to the moon. now is there objective evidence we cant? 'facts' change with the wind.

Year i get what you mean, but the FACT was 300 years ago, even though they thought they had objective evidence, "but they didnt" simple as that.
the FACT was that we could get to the moon 300 years ago or rather, it was possible, they just didnt know it.the FACT didnt change at all in "Reality"

this is a good way to look at it, "What's possible is Possible and what is impossible is impossible" that doesnt mean i know by definition what fits into these contexts .
but FACTs are FACTs

no matter how

VEry good point! I also believe in evolution and creation as well - evolution as a one of methods of creation - God is creative and can choose the ways he can create. Humans limit God and his ways of creating. Science and religion do not have to be mutually exclusive. I always liked science and never did that stop me to believe in God. Besides, the God is the greatest scientist.
Unfortunately, a lot of people call themselves Christians and they would even hate other Christians' religious and spiritual beliefs and put all nonbelievers in one bucket.
Unfortunately, a lot of unbelievers would like to generalize and put all Christans in the same bucket. Anyhow, the majority of true followers of Christ exhisted before the church which means the bride of Christ and not a religious construction instituationalized sice the Constanine (Constantine the Great who made Christianty the Roman's Empire offical religion and everything went down the hill since then). None of these are open-minded. However there are things that one cannot ignore and jepardise one's integrity in order to be open-minded and accepted by the majority opinions.

You can't prove a negative. Your statement is nonsensical.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
One thing needs to be made clear, the bible is an relatively accurate source of information under the correct obsevation , But THERE IS a symolic content within its context at times. an example is the psalms: these are a set of songs and prayers (obviously symbolic) but descriptive when understood corectly in the context off NOW
one reason being accordig to historical studies is that during the time span the biblical literature was being written story books were not established as a form of writting
only observational literature WAS.
another reason being is that the accuracy of historical events is phenominal, if the bible stated that a plague took place within a selected timespan, our historians would have found thus events viable using methods from archeaology.

Remember: days didnt exist the same way they do today, thousands of years ago AND translated from languages like egyption and hebrew, english is a very defined language but its decriptive capability in spiritual context is restricted.
understanding that our ancestors saw days as somewhat like seasons - means the creation of human kind by the GOd or universal consciousness using evolution, it took a timespan which is irrelevant next to the proper motion taking place within the universe.

please stay open minded to God my friends, i cannot define everything for you, but i can define ALOT when it comes to spiritual context.
and i can cater for your differing perspectives,
I dont wish to tell any of you that you are wrong but i CAN show you what you might be missing in you analisation.

You make a fine Apologist.

However, I ascribe the same value to the Bible that I ascribe to the legend of Camelot. Both stories are inspired by true historical events, but as the story has been retold it has been expanded and exaggerated. The earliest of the Gospels was written over a hundred years after Jesus would have been hung from the cross and the issue with stories told by mouth is they happen to change a little every time they are retold.

It's interesting though that you think being able to verify some of the historical events in the Bible somehow lends credibility to the supernatural aspects. That is like saying that archeologists have found that there was a Roman soldier in the England area who was likely the inspiration for King Author, so that proves he pulled a magical sword from a lake.

An interesting thing about cultural myths...they are almost always inspired by some true events.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I don't think that this woman is trolling. I know people who believe the earth is only 6000 years old and who don't believe in Evolution. This is actually a very common belief, even if it seems ridiculous.

I went to a Catholic school myself and when it came to teaching evolution, they obviously had a bit of a problem. They rationalized it by saying "Well, God put the first single cell organisms on the Earth so that they would eventually develop into the species that we had today." That way they could comfortably teach evolution while holding the belief that God created all things.

Incorrect, the latest Gospel, The Gospel of John was written around 90 ad.

You asserted a position in a hypothetical. That is an argument.

Short answer would be "you" then...

I asserted a hypothetical position is probably more accurate ;)