The work of Satan...

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
the-work-of-satan.jpg

I'm really, really trying hard to respect other people's opinions but sometimes it is so very, very hard.

She's trolling.

[MENTION=731]Hoggle[/MENTION]
I immediately read this as, "The work of Stan."

Dinosaurs are fucking sexy.

/going to hell

Reactions: kucala
She's trolling.

I've worked with people who make the exact same arguments. They are real. I can't say with certainty whether this one is or not, but I do know from personal experience that they do exist and that this is the kind of stuff they believe.

Untitled.jpg

I've worked with people who make the exact same arguments. They are real. I can't say with certainty whether this one is or not, but I do know from personal experience that they do exist and that this is the kind of stuff they believe.

View attachment 8030

Its pretty obvious to me that she is trolling. And obvious to some of these people as well: http://m.fark.com/comments/6456916/...year-old-toy-dinosaurs-I-dont-know-what-to-do . In this case though I think you were sincerely fooled as opposed to other times when you post false things as truths. But that leads me to ask why don't you post stories of these "real people" instead of these other things?

But they raise children!

Your expressed concern presupposes that one is only the sum of their parenting....Hitler had a mommy and so did Mother Theresa. Who knows, such an opinion may be right. Neat thing about being individuals is you don't have to live their life and they don't have to live yours. You can't control everyone else, only yourself.

Reactions: Sriracha
Its pretty obvious to me that she is trolling. And obvious to some of these people as well: http://m.fark.com/comments/6456916/...year-old-toy-dinosaurs-I-dont-know-what-to-do . In this case though I think you were sincerely fooled as opposed to other times when you post false things as truths. But that leads me to ask why don't you post stories of these "real people" instead of these other things?

I'm all for satire and I love it when I get fooled, but unfortunately the "Satan put fossils in the ground to fool us" argument is one I have heard in real life from real people.

The only people I knew who would not let their children dress up for Halloween were the parents of a classmate of mine who was a Jehovas Witness.

Your expressed concern presupposes that one is only the sum of their parenting....Hitler had a mommy and so did Mother Theresa. Who knows, such an opinion may be right. Neat thing about being individuals is you don't have to live their life and they don't have to live yours. You can't control everyone else, only yourself.

No. It is not. The world is not 6,000 years old. There is objective evidence that is not the case. There is no objective evidence of Satan or God. As Arsal said, some opinions can be proven factually wrong. That opinion is wrong.

I'm all for satire and I love it when I get fooled, but unfortunately the "Satan put fossils in the ground to fool us" argument is one I have heard in real life from real people.

The only people I knew who would not let their children dress up for Halloween were the parents of a classmate of mine who was a Jehovas Witness.

That might have less to do with it being Halloween as much as it has to do with them not celebrating any holidays, I had JW friend in High School, she didn't celebrate Easter, Christmas or her birthday.

And if she is an internet troll, I take off my hat to her. That is epic stuff. I almost want to do the same.

That might have less to do with it being Halloween as much as it has to do with them not celebrating any holidays, I had JW friend in High School, she didn't celebrate Easter, Christmas or her birthday.

What a boring childhood.

What a boring childhood.

I'm sure they find ways to entertain themselves those 3 or 4 days a year. Plus how often do you hear about people complaining about how over commercialized holidays have become, these are people just abstaining from it.

EDIT:

And if she is an internet troll, I take off my hat to her. That is epic stuff. I almost want to do the same.

the stuff your doing now seems to work fine

I'm sure they find ways to entertain themselves those 3 or 4 days a year. Plus how often do you hear about people complaining about how over commercialized holidays have become, these are people just abstaining from it.

A valid point.

EDIT:

the stuff your doing now seems to work fine

Oh come now. I've done very well in abstaining from embarrassing people for what beliefs they hold. I've worked very hard to use neutral language and to respect differing opinions.

A valid point.

Oh come now. I've done very well in abstaining from embarrassing people for what beliefs they hold. I've worked very hard to use neutral language and to respect differing opinions.

Work harder.

Reactions: Sriracha
A valid point.

Oh calm down, you know I jest. Although, while were on the topic of neutral language

But they raise children!

I find your use of an exclamation point abrasive, it's like your yelling at me.

My friend's younger sister "found god" when her parents did.
She had a huge, beautiful collection of glass unicorns.
She destroyed them all, denouncing them as satanic,
as she believed her god, through her pastor, wanted her to do, to prove her faith.

While I practice no religion currently, I went to parochial school and evolutionary theory was discussed.
We were told that god created everything, and when creatures evolve, it is god's will at that moment, thus his creation.

Idk, or care what the religious rationale is, or how various religions back-peddle and explain science in a way
that still meshes with their teachings in order to keep followers or retain their own faith.
I think this is what many do, but there are always those religions who expect their adherents to follow blindly,
regardless of their illogical dogma that opposes science. And there are always those who will allow themselves to be led.

So, I don't necessarily believe this person is trolling. I could be wrong, but there are others who do have these views, so it hardly matters.

You cannot possibly respect others views all the time. You really do have to ignore them, unless you want to always feel pissed off by the idiocy of people/sheeple.

Imo, there are far worse things she could be doing than not allowing her kid to play with dinosaurs or dress up for Halloween.
*considers dressing up like someone from "biblical times" for Halloween, weighing it against dressing up as an atheistic dinosaur*

*abandons both ideas in favor up dressing up like a fairy unicorn with sparklies*