The transgender people in restrooms debate | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The transgender people in restrooms debate

I really dont get this debate. Maybe someone is afraid that someone will get raped with tools they no longer have?

There are vastly more important things to be concerned with in the world.

The existence of this on an INFJ board disgusts me. If you think that people are going through this in order to get access to discover your body or for some kind of tampon show, you are wrong. Anyone who talks about this as though it could be enforced as a rule is revealing their fear and hatred, which has been so intense and irrational that it has prevented them from considering how to confront a person who they want to get out of the washroom. Of humiliating a person with accusations that they are not really a woman, or not really a man. How can you speak without shame, of such cruelty. It is barbaric.

This debate is barbaric and based in ignorance, fear and prejudice. Debating whether fellow human beings deserve equal rights is barbaric. The fact that they are a small group does not mean they deserve fewer rights. All people deserve equal rights.

Priests are more likely to sexually assault children than transgender people are. Yet, priests still deserve equal rights. It would be absurd to question that.

Heterosexual men sexually assault people more often than transgender people do, yet they have equal rights. Is it because heterosexual men are such a big group? No. It is because human beings are diverse and we cannot base our judgment of a group on the actions of a few, or on our fears of a group we do not understand. Again, it would be absurd to limit the equal rights of all men because a small percentage are monsters.

How can you Neanderthals continue to discuss a topic? Ugh SYCK!

How can you Neanderthals continue to discuss a topic? Ugh SYCK!

People can dicuss doing surgery without anaesthesia if they want. It is a barbaric discussion that excludes the human element of whatis happening. Yes it can be neanderthal and unevolved to discuss something. Why the big surprise?

How would you like it if some girl came to your mother or sister in a bathroom and said "Get out, you man"? aand your relatives said "Look, I'm a woman, see my documents." aand the girl said "That is all lies of doctors. I know you are a man. Get out before I call the police."

This debate is pretending that none of that is happening.That is no problem with enforcing these rules. It is a cruel debate with barbaric assumptions that excludes humanity. People who talk about this as though it is something that could or should really happen should beashamed of themselves. Acting like spiteful, stupid children.

This debate is pretending that none of that is happening.

This is the stem of the problem and is just a product of your imagination.

Civil rights movements have always been for the protection of the minority because the majority already has protection in their numbers. Personally I never saw the big issue with bathroom genders in the first place. Most bathrooms are just a bunch of stalls, it's not as if everyone in there is waving their genitellia around.

People can dicuss doing surgery without anaesthesia if they want. It is a barbaric discussion that excludes the human element of whatis happening. Yes it can be neanderthal and unevolved to discuss something. Why the big surprise?

How would you like it if some girl came to your mother or sister in a bathroom and said "Get out, you man"? aand your relatives said "Look, I'm a woman, see my documents." aand the girl said "That is all lies of doctors. I know you are a man. Get out before I call the police."

This debate is pretending that none of that is happening.That is no problem with enforcing these rules. It is a cruel debate with barbaric assumptions that excludes humanity. People who talk about this as though it is something that could or should really happen should beashamed of themselves. Acting like spiteful, stupid children.

So you're offended that people on an INFJ forum would engage in a discussion that involves learning and growing?

It looks like you're pissed that the OP would make such an assumption. Don't take it out on people who are following up with thoughts and information that could dispel the assumption.

There is probably nothing in their underwear if they are on the toilet...

Even concerning over nothing is still being bothered about contents. Also since when was a vagina a "nothing"?

The existence of this on an INFJ board disgusts me. If you think that people are going through this in order to get access to discover your body or for some kind of tampon show, you are wrong. Anyone who talks about this as though it could be enforced as a rule is revealing their fear and hatred, which has been so intense and irrational that it has prevented them from considering how to confront a person who they want to get out of the washroom. Of humiliating a person with accusations that they are not really a woman, or not really a man. How can you speak without shame, of such cruelty. It is barbaric.

Grow up.

This is a discussion forum. Deal with it.

Even concerning over nothing is still being bothered about contents. Also since when was a vagina a "nothing"?

So.... do you think trans vaginas come off and rest in their underware when they sit on the toilet? Or do you think they pee with thier underpants up? Im genuinely curious.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
This is the stem of the problem and is just a product of your imagination.

No. I'm not imagining things. I'm sorry!

So you're offended that people on an INFJ forum would engage in a discussion that involves learning and growing?

It looks like you're pissed that the OP would make such an assumption. Don't take it out on people who are following up with thoughts and information that could dispel the assumption.

Making a statement like "Tranny debate" is not a learning approach. It is an ignorant, hateful approach.

For following up, I did not mean to do that. I have made myself misunderstood. Apologies.

Thank you to those on this thread who wrote kind and loving words. And I apologise for what I said.

Grow up.

This is a discussion forum. Deal with it.

I was not aware that I am not an adult and I did not know that this is a discussion forum. It seems that there is something childish about me. Now I see that I am a child and not an adult. Thank you for bringing all this to my attention. I will meditate on your words. I will make it my new special project to grow up. You have now caused me to deal with it.

I am sorry that everything that I said had no meaning to you. I tried to make it have meaning. Not just for you, but for everyone. My attempt has failed, and I see that now. I need to grow up. I will try to grow up and to deal with it. Thank you.

I am really sorry for things I said, but it has to be clear, that talking about excluding people from bathrooms for being transgender is cruel and mean hearted. There is nothing civilized about it. They have been quietly crossing bathrooms for decades without anyone noticing or even thinking about it, causing trouble to no one. If you think you have never shared a bathroom with a transgender person, think again, you have much more likely been in bathrooms with countless transgender people. There is no humane or even practical way of policing this system, and trying to police it will achieve nothing at all but to hurt individuals and society badly, causing great expense and drama, until people demand for this kind of shocking intervention to cease. Because it can never bee policed, even debating it's validity achieves nothing, because it can never be policed, debating it achieves nothing but a slap in the face for people who are just trying to live their lives. It is treating them like a number rather, a potential statistic on the sex offender roll, then a person who has feeling. But they are not a sex offender. Transgender people are not perverts, and to put it in a very very unkind way that may be necessary for understanding, speaking as a general rule, they are much more preoccupied with their own body than they ever could be with yours. Bathrooms are much more filled with creepy people who are not transgender, and no average person wants to spend time in there with the bodies of strangers, everyone wants to achieve what they have to and run out. That is the same for transgender people, they are not creeps just because they are transgender. Please be kind to your fellow human being. Have a brave heart, put your fear aside, and be kind.

I do not care at all. I think transgenders should be able to use the restrooms they're comfortable with.

Public restrooms are disgusting overall. Shut them all down and make everyone piss outside.

I was in one a couple weeks ago, and the little "feminine hygiene product" waste bin in my stall had been topped off with a handful of empty ketchup packets. Perhaps there's a soul out there who finds it easier to eat their burger and fries whilst serenaded by the noises of people doing their business.

Also, although I often hear people lamenting the cleanliness of men's restrooms, when I worked in retail, we consistently found the worst horrors in the women's restrooms. Consistently. Granted, neither were particularly wholesome, but I think there's a bias against gentlemen being seen as cleanly, or at least less cleanly than women. I haven't found that to be true at all.

I worry about the safety of transgender men (woman to man) using the men's bathroom. There are many, many places in the US where very unfortunately these individuals probably would not be safe in men's restrooms.

I worry about the safety of transgender men (woman to man) using the men's bathroom. There are many, many places in the US where very unfortunately these individuals probably would not be safe in men's restrooms.

Often, they aren't safe in general. Violence and rape abound inside or outside a restroom. That's of course a deeper, societal issue. People shouldn't have to fear rape, but the fact remains that they do. The number of FTM individuals who have been violated and/or murdered are testament to this. I think this really shouldn't be a debate of who can use which restroom, but why it should be a problem in the first place. Education, really educating people, I think would be beneficial. There are so many issues in the world, travesties and tragedies and suffering. I think we have a long way to go, humanity, and many hurdles yet to overcome.

People can be raped, attacked, or assaulted anywhere. It sucks, but the only way to truly prevent it is to defend yourself if it happens to you. I recommend the .380 bursa thunder, enough stopping power to slow down or kill an assailant, but small enough to strap to your ankle. If you're not comfortable with that there are also a number of tazers, pepper spray and other non-leathals on the market that could save your life. I think it's unfair to say men's bathrooms are any more unsafe than any other secluded area, as if men are just waiting in the rafters to jump out and rape someone.

Ah I see your faint attempt at being facetious. Of course I don't think those things, you however seem to care about other peoples genitals a bit too much. Are you sure this is a topic you can really engage with, with a bias over being obsessed with other peoples junk?

Ah I see your faint attempt at being facetious. Of course I don't think those things, you however seem to care about other peoples genitals a bit too much. Are you sure this is a topic you can really engage with, with a bias over being obsessed with other peoples junk?

Is this directed at me? I'm not sure why, I think people should poop and pee where ever they like. Is that an obsession? Does that make you obsessed? Do you know how genitals work? Do you pee your pants a lot? Perhaps you are projecting. Don't go catching feelings on my account. Please answer all of these questions, thanks.