The transgender people in restrooms debate | INFJ Forum

The transgender people in restrooms debate

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
What are you thoughts on this? Basically transsexuals in the US have been petitioning for equal rights in using male and female bathrooms.

Personally I think people should stick to the gender they were assigned at birth. I will not even delve into the identity confusion most transsexuals have but all I can say is that they are only a tiny minority and should not be given equal rights.

Reactions: Night Owl
Are you talking about cross dressers or transexuals who are going through hormone replacement and sexual reassignment? They're two exceptionally different things.

When I think to myself “Should the transgendered have the right to choose a loo based on their gender?”

The answer that comes back to me, loud and clear, is “absolutely.”

For what it is worth, I support the creation of non-gendered bathrooms.

And I suppose it is fair to say I am a social libertarian in that I have no interest in telling anyone else what they can and cannot do. Live and let live, within the limit of not denying that freedom to anyone else.

To that end, my interest in the transgendered is such that I wish for, and celebrate, their happiness and successes, as each and every would define that for their selves.

If part of that is using a loo that is in gender alignment with their person, I’ll wish for that and celebrate when society gets just a little less judgmental and punitive, and a little more accepting and loving.

Human beings die over this issue, and that’s both a tragedy and unnecessary.

I have compassion for those who feel they inhabit a body that is not an expression of their essential self. I have no desire to add to their burden in life, as it is already beyond that which I can understand.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Angelica Jesslan
I'm not sure if you realize this but tranny is sometimes considered an offensive slur. I'm not trying to censor your speech in any way just wanted to be sure you were aware it might be offensive since it was in the thread title.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
I can say is that they are only a tiny minority and should not be given equal rights.

This minority should not be given equal rights because they are a small minority? Spurious logic. What harm comes from giving transgendered people equal rights, how does it harm me? This is much like giving homosexuals the right to marry. How does this harm me and undermine my individual freedom? It doesn't. Allowing this only makes our society stronger and eventually more tolerant by recognizing the worth of each individual, regardless of their differences, so in this way its a positive good. Much like homosexuality, transgendered people have always existed within human societies. Their expression of their essential self again harms no one, so why shouldn't they be treated equally?

Reactions: Asa
1. Only perverted men should pee around young boys
2. I don't want girl pee touching my pee
3. Seriously, why shouldn't there be just one peeing and pooping room? Embarrassed of your poop?

Reactions: acd
Are we as a society actually debating where a person should be taking a piss or shit? This is the great concern of our time?

Not only is the whole concept of this ridiculous, there are people out there taking their aggression out by vandalizing washrooms to 'show' what happens when you let a man use facilities meant for a woman. Yeah. Take that world. Thats what you get for juggling around the natural order of things; assholes like me.

Jesus.

Reactions: bolognamacaroni
EVERYONE should be free to use any lavatory available if they need to. I don't think lavatories should be called unisex, they should just be called lavatories/bathrooms/toilets/WCs/etc.

Separate male/female lavatories should be done away with. This would probably lead to lavatories which are designed to be both more private in the individual spaces, and less secluded in the common areas: ie. safer and more comfortable facilities.

Last edited:
Peeps be peeps and peeps poop and pee

I will poop and pee with thee
Whether ye be manny, lady, or tranny
Just don't poop and pee on me please
Let the people poop and pee free

So it is writ

Last edited:
What are you thoughts on this? Basically transsexuals in the US have been petitioning for equal rights in using male and female bathrooms.

Personally I think people should stick to the gender they were assigned at birth. I will not even delve into the identity confusion most transsexuals have but all I can say is that they are only a tiny minority and should not be given equal rights.

Personally I think people should mind their own business about how a person feels about their own gender identity....and you are spreading more hate.
There are a lot of gender neutral bathrooms that already exist and no one gives a shit (figuratively)...the folks that make it an issue usually do so with religious convictions as their reasoning behind imposing their hateful ideals and as an excuse to be discriminatory...so I propose:

Maybe it would be a good idea if we had clergy from the Catholic church monitoring what kind of equipment you have between your legs...and supervising as you piss or shit...I’m sure we can trust those celibate priests to not abuse any children.

Does this keep you up at night, or do you have worthwhile, wisdom expanding, things you could otherwise be doing to help your fellow human?

I do not care. When I use a public restroom, I'm not checking everyone out in there. I probably wouldn't even notice if a trans person did walk in. I'm sure transexuals have been using their identified gender restrooms for awhile. This is such a non-issue. The people who are in an uproar about this are the creeps. All people deserve equal rights, regardless of sex, gender, race, etc., etc..,

I really like driving a 5-speed because of the extra control, but sometimes in stop-and-go traffic I miss having an automatic.

I really like driving a 5-speed because of the extra control, but sometimes in stop-and-go traffic I miss having an automatic.

I agree! Nothing beats a manual tranny imho. If I had to commute, I'd probably hate it though. Seriously tho, why are we even debating transmissions?

I just couldn't resist. :)

I'm assuming the OP is referring to the HB2 bill in North Carolina, which has received a lot of publicity over the restroom restrictions. It's kind of funny because I remember getting into a rather heated debate over transgender restroom usage with my old roommate (who happens to be trans) about three years ago. In the end, I basically said that I don't have a say in women's restrooms, and I really couldn't care less if I saw a woman (trans or no) in the men's room.

Anyway, it's all a front for some other nasty things in the bill. Read up for yourself. I must say, the restroom issue has been quite successful in what it was designed to do.

I use the men's room all the time. There are no waiting lines, there is always tp in the stalls, and there is always soap in the dispensers. I honestly don't think it should matter at all what gender you are. There should be two restroom designations: Bigots- who only get a creepy hole in the ground, and everyone else- who get a normal bathroom stall.

I am so sick of this issue. Why do these bigoted idiots automatically assume that because someone is transgendered, that they are automatically a sexual deviant or a predator? They're no more likely than the rest of the population. What the hell do I care if someone in the stall next to me has or had a penis, as long as they aren't bothering anyone else? Wouldn't you think if one's motive is to assault or molest someone, they'd pick somewhere a little less conspicuous than a multi-stalled bathroom? How does that even make sense? Why the sudden freak out about trans-women being in a bathroom with their daughters, if, by the same logic, they have had access to their sons for years? Boys get molested and raped too. Women can be sexual predators too. I mean, the ignorance just blows my mind.

Also, to my knowledge, most of the people being harassed due to this stupid ass debate are people who don't even identify as transgendered, but people who look gender neutral--Usually women who look kind of masculine who are using the women's bathroom. My daughter, for example, could pass for a boy or a girl, depending on what she's wearing, but she isn't trans. She's now scared to use public restrooms because she isn't a "girly girl" and is afraid of being harassed. That is just god damn pathetic and she should be able to dress like a tom-boy or whatever if she damn well pleases without being afraid that someone is going to get in her face or call the cops on her if she needs to pee.

I have on numerous occasions seen both men and women use opposite facilities without anyone losing their mind at all.

This whole "debate" is competely manufactured as distraction from actual important shit.

Use whatever fucking bathroom you want. No one cares. If you're a woman and want to try out a urinal it'll just amuse people and if you're a man in need of a private stall no sane woman will turn you in to the bathroom police.

Get over it. Creepers will be and have always been creepin.

Here's an idea, go to the bathroom in your own home like every other human does 99% of the time unless they are at work, which are basically private facilities anyway because only creeper co workers follow you to the restroom.

I'm still fucking baffled how this is even a thing. Backwoods yokels raising a fuss because they are god fearing homophobes. And insane trans people acting like toilets are their new religion. Trans people have been using whatever bathroom they want for many years. Surprise motherfuckers. Just leave people alone when they are trying to take a shit, that much does need to change. Move on with your lives please. I beg you.

I am so sick of this issue. Why do these bigoted idiots automatically assume that because someone is transgendered, that they are automatically a sexual deviant or a predator? They're no more likely than the rest of the population. What the hell do I care if someone in the stall next to me has or had a penis, as long as they aren't bothering anyone else? Wouldn't you think if one's motive is to assault or molest someone, they'd pick somewhere a little less conspicuous than a multi-stalled bathroom? How does that even make sense? Why the sudden freak out about trans-women being in a bathroom with their daughters, if, by the same logic, they have had access to their sons for years? Boys get molested and raped too. Women can be sexual predators too. I mean, the ignorance just blows my mind.

Also, to my knowledge, most of the people being harassed due to this stupid ass debate are people who don't even identify as transgendered, but people who look gender neutral--Usually women who look kind of masculine who are using the women's bathroom. My daughter, for example, could pass for a boy or a girl, depending on what she's wearing, but she isn't trans. She's now scared to use public restrooms because she isn't a "girly girl" and is afraid of being harassed. That is just god damn pathetic and she should be able to dress like a tom-boy or whatever if she damn well pleases without being afraid that someone is going to get in her face or call the cops on her if she needs to pee.

Aw. Being a girl isn't about wearing dresses, makeup and fixing your hair, this bothers me to read. I have a tomboy daughter too.

I'm wondering if an unintended side-effect of such a dogged adherence to strict gender roles for such a long time is that it helped to create a feeling of aversion for using the "wrong" restroom, as well as to contribute to some creeps' obsession with the "wrong" restroom. Maybe if those roles weren't so ironclad, that fetish would not exist? This is not by any means meant to excuse creepers.

Now where's that creeper emoji....there! :spy: