The transgender people in restrooms debate | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

The transgender people in restrooms debate

There are three genders.

1. Male
2. Female
3. Retarded

You are born either male or female. That's it. No amount of modification will change it.

Is this meant seriously? I want to believe that this is somehow not meant seriously, and that this is the ironic type of joke that I am missing here? That this is all meant satirically?

When I read this, all I felt was shock and sadness. There was no part of me that felt any impulse to smile or laugh, or respond as I would to an intelligent or witty remark. Nothing else but shock and sadness. When I read that you think that it is funny, all I think of is bully type people. I have met many bully type people in my life who hurt others and then say "you just can't take a joke".

Your use of the word "retarded" here is particularly offensive. I did not think there would be a way to make society's rigidly essentialist and puritanically objectivist attitudes towards sex and gender identity any more difficult for me to stomach, but you have somehow managed to achieve it for me.

I came back to this forum with an attitude that I would just not come into any of these debate threads anymore and I know I was right to have that attitude. This is so sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: aeon
Thankfully I don't live my life in consideration of whom I might offend. Yes, it is satirical, absolutely.

Thankfully I don't live my life in consideration of whom I might offend. Yes, it is satirical, absolutely.

When I was asking whether you meant what you wrote satiricially. What I meant is, did you mean to make a joke at the expense of people who are so aggressive that they think it is OK to approach the identities of others with attacks on intellectual ability and competence? Or did you mean to make an attack on people who are making honest statements to others about their identities, by attacking their intellectual competence, at the additional expense of people who have intellectual disabilities?

Well, hopefully, you'll extend me the same courtesy when I call you a fucking idiot. Or you can be a hypocrite and get offended. Your choice.

There are three genders.

1. Male
2. Female
3. Retarded

You are born either male or female. That's it. No amount of modification will change it.

Ever hear of a hermaphrodite? Get real.

Ever hear of a hermaphrodite? Get real.

I believe that the guy (fellow, man, male, penis wielder, or whatever) has stated that he is totally sympathetic with the struggles of intersex people (although describing it in some different way, can't remember).

Does anyone know who made this into an issue? The government or the transgender community? I wonder how all of this started. Does anyone know?

Yes, I already know that. I was asking if the transgender community started pushing for this and then some states pushed back? Or did the state come out of nowhere with this?

From my understanding it is push back from the right after gay marriage was legalized nation-wide...but I could be wrong.

To all those who were subjected to my initial comment and my ensuing instigation, please disregard. I was being an absolute douche with no equal and my behavior had no rhyme or reason beyond what I initially thought was funny. It really had no place in civil discussion. My apologies for disrupting the actual topic.

To all those who were subjected to my initial comment and my ensuing instigation, please disregard. I was being an absolute douche with no equal and my behavior had no rhyme or reason beyond what I initially thought was funny. It really had no place in civil discussion. My apologies for disrupting the actual topic.

Rep this guy for his courageous display of humility. I struggle to find it in myself to act this way, even when I know how wrong I've been, and I wish I could more often.

Rep this guy for his courageous display of humility. I struggle to find it in myself to act this way, even when I know how wrong I've been, and I wish I could more often.

Agreed. That's real big of you man. That means a lot and I think everybody will appreciate that.

Maybe the reason why there should be male and female bathroom is to prevent rape or any kind of sexual harashment?

From my understanding it is push back from the right after gay marriage was legalized nation-wide...but I could be wrong.

I did some research and it seems that it did start with good intentions in Houston, Texas, back in 2014, when the city council passed an ordinance called (HERO) Houston Equal Rights Ordinance, with the goal of ending discrimation against people in the LGBT community. They were trying to do something positive but as soon as religious conservatives got wind of it, SHTF. A poll was done and the votes were nearly split. The majority of Houston residents voted in favor but the results were close enough to cause an issue.

And then, of course, the issue would rise again whenever there was talk of equal rights and the LGBT community in mainly conservative states.

It's interesting how an honest step towards progress turned into something so ugly. And so it goes.

I've considered every angle of this argument, and I've come to the conclusion that this whole thing is ridiculous. I know that the Houston City Council was trying to do a good thing and they should be applauded for the effort. But at the end of the day, was this bathroom thing that big of a deal? I don't know. But I can't imagine that it could be. If anything, having this issue in the news is not a good thing. It's only getting the attention of those religious conservative lunatics that what to hate and harm whatever they don't understand. It's concerning.

I don't think there needs to be a law regarding bathroom rights. If anything, there should be a Women's, Men's, and Unisex Bathroom.

It's very simple. If you have a penis, use the Men's room. If you have a vagina, use the Women's room. If you have a penis but really want a vagina, use the Ladies room. If you have a vagina but really want a penis, go in the Men's room. If you are out at a bar and there is a long ass line in front of the ladies room and you are drunk (and pretty), jump in front of 15 guys and go in the Men's room. They won't mind. If you are at a bar and there is a long ass line in front of the Men's room and you are drunk (and handsome), wait in line and go in the Men's room (we mind).

And everyone can use the Unisex room.

Basically, keep doing it the same way!

Reactions: Skarekrow
Maybe the reason why there should be male and female bathroom is to prevent rape or any kind of sexual harashment?

Yes, no one can get through that stall door....

Because rapists are really vigilant against going into the wrong restroom, right? Maybe rapists need their own restrooms where they can rape each other instead, eh?

Law or no law, rape happens. That being said, I still feel that we (Americans) need to back away from this issue and leave it behind. Equality is great but if we were to pass this type of bathroom equality law, then there would be problems.

When I first heard about this in the news, I thought, "We can't do that. Criminals are always looking for easier ways to commit their crimes, and passing a law like this would give a man the right to dress as a woman and walk into the ladies room hoping to cash in on an opportunity to rape, murder, kidnap, etc." My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with transgender individuals. It has everything to do with being against making crime easier for psychopaths.

And then you have to consider the violent hate crimes that would occur against these innocent people. It's not worth it.

My last post here explains my opinion more.

Law or no law, rape happens. That being said, I still feel that we (Americans) need to back away from this issue and leave it behind. Equality is great but if we were to pass this type of bathroom equality law, then there would be problems.

When I first heard about this in the news, I thought, "We can't do that. Criminals are always looking for easier ways to commit their crimes, and passing a law like this would give a man the right to dress as a woman and walk into the ladies room hoping to cash in on an opportunity to rape, murder, kidnap, etc." My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with transgender individuals. It has everything to do with being against making crime easier for psychopaths.

And then you have to consider the violent hate crimes that would occur against these innocent people. It's not worth it.

My last post here explains my opinion more.

Right. Because they were really concerned with dressing up to commit their crimes to begin with and acquiring the clothes to dress up with makes it so much easier to accomplish.

Right. Because they were really concerned with dressing up to commit their crimes to begin with and acquiring the clothes to dress up with makes it so much easier to accomplish.

You obviously don't understand a criminal mind. Maybe said criminal is not thinking about "dressing up" like a woman now to get easier access into a woman's restroom, but drawing attention to this topic and creating a law that allows it is opening the door of opportunity in their minds. They see the flaw and will use it to their advantage.

It's common sense.

And acquiring the clothes? Seriously? Are you saying that would be difficult to do? Hardly.