The Terrifying Trump | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

The Terrifying Trump

A few days ago the gop candidate made remarks about the founding of isis that suggested that he was getting info from the same place as our former resident conspiracy theorist.

The mainstream news media reacted as predicted as did the other mainstream candidate. Thing is those allegations are all over the Arab world, just a cursory glance at the Washington Post's comment section on the article brings it all gushing forward (complete with english as a third language grammar and thumbs only keyboard typos)

It is important that those who vie to command the nation's foreign affairs be aware of these views, and to investigate their validity, but it seems a bit reckless to sarcastically refer to them.

If there is a problem with the way that he's talking, it's not that it's impolite, it's that it's undiplomatic. Regardless of whether it is simply a matter of proper etiquette or not, he seems to struggle very seriously with diplomacy. He is brash and intemperate in his ways of approaching political issues and relationships. He is so clumsy that he seems to be unable to avoid constantly alienating new people or groups of people. I hesitate to conclude that he is foolish from all of his political blundering, but that's what it seems like to me.

I also think that the biggest problem is not his total diplomatic incompetence. Suggesting that all he has done wrong is to talk rudely, and that is the main concern here, is to suggest that his political policies are meaningless, or even more worryingly that they are nonexistent. He is running for President, and that means being judged on his plans for the country. His rude talk is directly related to the things that he intends to do, which seem largely aimed at reinforcing division and inequality in domestic and international society and politics.

IDK why you quoted me since you really aren't addressing the crux of the matter which is that Hillary DOES bad things, Donald just TALKS about bad things, so you want to pick the person with the worst track record.

Yes I correctly read your post. You know that Hillary has done shitty things but you would rather vote for the person who does shitty things than for the person who will maybe do shitty things. Also strange is that you will vote for a piece of shit, as long as it is a small piece.

Hillary has at least adopted some of Bernie’s platform (who I supported).
@invisible summed why I don’t like Trump quite eloquently.
I also don’t think he has the temperament to hold the position.

All I need to do is look at who Trump is surrounding himself with to be his VP and his cabinet to believe imo (because we are all entitled to have a different one) that he is going to be far more dangerous for the US as a nation.
As much as Obamacare sucks, it saved my life when my insurance from my job doing open heart surgery dropped me.
I hope we reach a point where we have a single payer system, Trump is not going to do that...if anything he is going to help dismantle what is actually working for some who really need it.
His VP Mike Pence is one of the most religious conservatives out there in politics - I don’t like mine mixed together...his entire career has been spent passing bills to disenfranchise the LGBQT community, he would certainly influence the next Supreme Court Judge (who’s appointment is being illegally stalled by our Congress I might add), and Trump has already said he would push to make abortion illegal in the US - even saying that a woman seeking a “back-alley abortion” (which is sad and dangerous), should have some sort of punishment for doing so.
Other than that his economic team has no Economists on it at all...only Wall St. vultures and oil barons, hedge fund mangers, etc.
That’s just stupid.
The plan they have released doesn’t close any of the tax loopholes that the Hillary camp has been forced to adopt thanks again to Bernie..it instead continues down the current unsustainable road of funneling all new wealth to the hoarders at the top.
Republican’s have a consistent record of cutting social programs in favor of more military spending - that doesn’t sit well with me.
Trump is an incompetent “businessman/reality TV star”, who has destroyed thousands of jobs and pensions of people working under him over the years as he hid behind bankruptcies and laws specifically written to protect the rich (hmmm...wonder who wrote those?), otherwise he would be living in a cardboard box under a bridge yelling at people about how he’s so smart.
So even with Trump not even in the picture...they have very little as far as actual “plans” you can go look at.
Their economic “plan” written by vultures does what you would expect such people’s plan to do.
And I basically don’t support the extreme right that the Republican party has taken...Ronnie for all his faults and fuckery of the nation and abroad was totally down for rational gun control - which is again, something that 80%something of the nation supports having better gun control measures in place, but our Congress votes with the lobbyists and the NRA has even gotten Congress to gut all funding to even study gun violence.
Pathetic.
There is a lot of shit I don’t like about Hillary...I think she bought her way to the position she is in just like Trump thanks to our retarded SCOTUS and Citizen’s United - which has to go.
I think the election will hopefully be that wake-up call that that is unacceptable and teetering on the edge of no more democracy.
As much as she may have done I still support the Democratic party based on Progressive principals as opposed to right-wing conservative theocracy.
They are both shills for Wall St.
So that is how you vote for the smaller piece of shit. (I would vote Jill Stein but it would be a wasted vote that Trump would take).

Last edited:
Reactions: invisible
:m049:Uhshit...where the hell has this guy snuck in from??

The rise of Gary Johnson is the latest plot twist in the most unpredictable presidential election in decades. Almost accidentally, the candidate has become 2016’s last bearer of a whole set of modern conservative ideals, from free trade to entitlement reform; some top Republicans wary of Trump have already declared for him and many more are leaning toward doing so.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-libertarian-third-party-214162#ixzz4HKsVDzvu
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

I hadn't heard of these guys:

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/stories/14868/gary-johnson-libertarian-president

Can't seem to find anything regarding their four year plan.
And, why are they just stammering into the news now?
Any ideas???

Reactions: Skarekrow
:m049:Uhshit...where the hell has this guy snuck in from??

The rise of Gary Johnson is the latest plot twist in the most unpredictable presidential election in decades. Almost accidentally, the candidate has become 2016’s last bearer of a whole set of modern conservative ideals, from free trade to entitlement reform; some top Republicans wary of Trump have already declared for him and many more are leaning toward doing so.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-libertarian-third-party-214162#ixzz4HKsVDzvu
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

I hadn't heard of these guys:

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/stories/14868/gary-johnson-libertarian-president

Can't seem to find anything regarding their four year plan.
And, why are they just stammering into the news now?
Any ideas???
That guy is pretty old news for anyone who follows anarchist or especially libertarian FB pages.

LOL, seizure.....

That doesn't look like a seizure to me, at all; not even a partial seizure. That looks more like a brief episode of vertigo.

Or her reptilian overlords have a strong dislike of iced coffee and are punishing her for her insolence. Who knows?...

Yeah I agree. I don't think it's a seizure. Even if that was a partial seizure it is not a health issue on it's own that would make her unfit.

So, definitely reptilian overlords.

We are skating away on the thin ice of a new day.

Hillary has at least adopted some of Bernie’s platform (who I supported).
@invisible summed why I don’t like Trump quite eloquently.
I also don’t think he has the temperament to hold the position.

All I need to do is look at who Trump is surrounding himself with to be his VP and his cabinet to believe imo (because we are all entitled to have a different one) that he is going to be far more dangerous for the US as a nation.
As much as Obamacare sucks, it saved my life when my insurance from my job doing open heart surgery dropped me.
I hope we reach a point where we have a single payer system, Trump is not going to do that...if anything he is going to help dismantle what is actually working for some who really need it.
His VP Mike Pence is one of the most religious conservatives out there in politics - I don’t like mine mixed together...his entire career has been spent passing bills to disenfranchise the LGBQT community, he would certainly influence the next Supreme Court Judge (who’s appointment is being illegally stalled by our Congress I might add), and Trump has already said he would push to make abortion illegal in the US - even saying that a woman seeking a “back-alley abortion” (which is sad and dangerous), should have some sort of punishment for doing so.
Other than that his economic team has no Economists on it at all...only Wall St. vultures and oil barons, hedge fund mangers, etc.
That’s just stupid.
The plan they have released doesn’t close any of the tax loopholes that the Hillary camp has been forced to adopt thanks again to Bernie..it instead continues down the current unsustainable road of funneling all new wealth to the hoarders at the top.
Republican’s have a consistent record of cutting social programs in favor of more military spending - that doesn’t sit well with me.
Trump is an incompetent “businessman/reality TV star”, who has destroyed thousands of jobs and pensions of people working under him over the years as he hid behind bankruptcies and laws specifically written to protect the rich (hmmm...wonder who wrote those?), otherwise he would be living in a cardboard box under a bridge yelling at people about how he’s so smart.
So even with Trump not even in the picture...they have very little as far as actual “plans” you can go look at.
Their economic “plan” written by vultures does what you would expect such people’s plan to do.
And I basically don’t support the extreme right that the Republican party has taken...Ronnie for all his faults and fuckery of the nation and abroad was totally down for rational gun control - which is again, something that 80%something of the nation supports having better gun control measures in place, but our Congress votes with the lobbyists and the NRA has even gotten Congress to gut all funding to even study gun violence.
Pathetic.
There is a lot of shit I don’t like about Hillary...I think she bought her way to the position she is in just like Trump thanks to our retarded SCOTUS and Citizen’s United - which has to go.
I think the election will hopefully be that wake-up call that that is unacceptable and teetering on the edge of no more democracy.
As much as she may have done I still support the Democratic party based on Progressive principals as opposed to right-wing conservative theocracy.
They are both shills for Wall St.
So that is how you vote for the smaller piece of shit. (I would vote Jill Stein but it would be a wasted vote that Trump would take).
The old wasted vote routine... I guess in America your preferance only matters if your choice was for the winner.

The more I think about the idea that your vote is a waste if your vote doesn't pick the winner, the more pathetic it sounds.

The old wasted vote routine... I guess in America your preferance only matters if your choice was for the winner.

The more I think about the idea that your vote is a waste if your vote doesn't pick the winner, the more pathetic it sounds.

Do you have a better plan?
Show us the way!
Choice for the winner? What choice?
And it would be a wasted vote...so that would be kinda counterintuitive.
I think anyone supporting Trump is pathetic - so let’s not call names.
You didn’t address any of the other issues that I pointed out.
I don’t support the platform of the Republican Party, I barely support the Democrats as it is...but for reasons already outlined I am voting the way I am voting...sorry you can’t handle someone disagreeing with your stance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandie33
That guy is pretty old news for anyone who follows anarchist or especially libertarian FB pages.
Yikes!...reckon I don't follow such things...hadn't even heard of him before today...seems he's caused a stir, 29% ahead of Trump in some state's...

Yikes!...reckon I don't follow such things...hadn't even heard of him before today...seems he's caused a stir, 29% ahead of Trump in some state's...

It’s because he has a plan, speaks articulately most of the time, and isn’t blatantly offensive.

LOL:smirkcat:...not diagreeing Trump is crude...And he's rubing off on some...sad really. I had always thought debates were about opinions not personal slights against the debatee...

LOL:smirkcat:...not diagreeing Trump is crude...And he's rubing off on some...sad really. I had always thought debates were about opinions not personal slights against the debatee...

The debates should be about the issues.
And they should be actual issues as determined by proper polls as to what is important to the average American.
The character assassinating is childish...both sides are guilty.
The candidates should have a plan for each issue, or at the very least an educated stance.
Then the public will have a better idea of who they are voting for.
Seems like too much to ask though.

Last edited:
And they should be actual issues as determined by proper polls as to what is important to the average American.
The candidates should have a plan for each issue, or at the very least an educated stance.

It’s because he has a plan, speaks articulately most of the time, and isn’t blatantly offensive.

Again, I cannot disagree in regard to the candidates. The candidates disregard for each other keeps them talking punch-points instead of key-points.
My reference was from being left feeling like I got hammered on for asking a question in this thread. It leaves me feeling awkward for asking a simple question. I had not heard of the LC until today.
I understand full well that most of us are tense to say the very least about this election. I ask questions from a state of concern and to seek knowledge I didn't have. I try to remain gratious when someone offers their time to share their opinion. Thank you to all in doing so. I do believe I'll take a seat now and just watch.

Again, I cannot disagree in regard to the candidates. The candidates disregard for each other keeps them talking punch-points instead of key-points.
My reference was from being left feeling like I got hammered on for asking a question in this thread. It leaves me feeling awkward for asking a simple question. I had not heard of the LC until today.
I understand full well that most of us are tense to say the very least about this election. I ask questions from a state of concern and to seek knowledge I didn't have. I try to remain gratious when someone offers their time to share their opinion. Thank you to all in doing so. I do believe I'll take a seat now and just watch.

Couldn’t agree with you more dear.
I'm severely disappointed in the whole election process and how much influence money and the media have had in it’s whole conception more so this time around than others.
It’s isn’t right.

Do you have a better plan?
Show us the way!
Choice for the winner? What choice?
And it would be a wasted vote...so that would be kinda counterintuitive.
I think anyone supporting Trump is pathetic - so let’s not call names.
You didn’t address any of the other issues that I pointed out.
I don’t support the platform of the Republican Party, I barely support the Democrats as it is...but for reasons already outlined I am voting the way I am voting...sorry you can’t handle someone disagreeing with your stance.

I do have a better plan. Everyone vote for the most qualified and best person to be President.

As for the rest of the post...

Obamacare is going in a good direction - check, we agree
Trump sucks - check, we agree
Hillary sucks - check, we agree
Hillary sucks less than Trump, well I've already been addressing that. It's the crux of what I've been posting the last two pages so we don't agree. You and I are useing the same information here and coming to different conclusions, at what point do we agree to disagree?
Not voting for Jill Stein - well like I said it is pathetic to not vote for the person you like best

I wonder how far the notion goes into other realms of life - and if that notion is particular to America - that your opinion (i.e. your vote) only counts if its the opinion that wins in the end. That's awfully close to if you don't vote for the winner bad things will happen to you by the winner.

It's not a matter of me handling your disagreement, it's a discussion forum so that's what I'm doing. Or did you just come for the memes?

I do have a better plan. Everyone vote for the most qualified and best person to be President.

As for the rest of the post...

Obamacare is going in a good direction - check, we agree
Trump sucks - check, we agree
Hillary sucks - check, we agree
Hillary sucks less than Trump, well I've already been addressing that. It's the crux of what I've been posting the last two pages so we don't agree. You and I are useing the same information here and coming to different conclusions, at what point do we agree to disagree?
Not voting for Jill Stein - well like I said it is pathetic to not vote for the person you like best

I wonder how far the notion goes into other realms of life - and if that notion is particular to America - that your opinion (i.e. your vote) only counts if its the opinion that wins in the end. That's awfully close to if you don't vote for the winner bad things will happen to you by the winner.

It's not a matter of me handling your disagreement, it's a discussion forum so that's what I'm doing. Or did you just come for the memes?

No need to be snarky.
And unfortunately reality gives us really just two choices unless someone comes forward to claim that position and the media stands behind them.
Otherwise they are unknown such as Sandy33 not knowing who Gary Johnson is.
Bernie drew much bigger crowds and did much better in the polls against Trump than Hillary did, and I do think that the fucking thing is corrupt.
That is the basis of my other thread.
I am saying that unless Jill Stein starts to make a whole bunch of noise and the people rally behind her then it would be a wasted vote.
My principle is to vote for Jill, but I’m not ignorant as to how our fucked up corrupted system works either, so it would be wasted.
Maybe someone will come forward and be the people’s champion, but so far, it hasn’t happened...I might as well write in The Flying Spaghetti Monster for all the good it would do.
Again...against the Republican ideals and stance...so I’m voting to defeat them and their bullshit.
It would be all cool and awesome to make that stand and vote for a Jill Stein or someone who shares more my own ideals and see the underdog win, but it would be illogical to vote for her given our current state of affairs concerning our voting system.
We can agree to disagree if you like then, I’ll go back to my thread.

Edit: BTW We can also agree to disagree on who is the pathetic one here - that’s twice now you’ve had to resort to name calling to try and demean me.

Last edited:
IDK why you quoted me since you really aren't addressing the crux of the matter which is that Hillary DOES bad things, Donald just TALKS about bad things, so you want to pick the person with the worst track record.

I quoted you because I was responding to arguments you raised with arguments of my own ;-)

I don't know how anyone is supposed to exist in the world without doing things. Talking shit about banning people from public toilets, or building walls between nations, etc etc ARE doing bad things, especially because they have been talked about as though they going to happen. Displaying lousy diplomatic skills in this context is also doing a bad thing, considering that this person is going to require diplomatic skills for this position.

No need to be snarky.
And unfortunately reality gives us really just two choices unless someone comes forward to claim that position and the media stands behind them.
Otherwise they are unknown such as Sandy33 not knowing who Gary Johnson is.
Bernie drew much bigger crowds and did much better in the polls against Trump than Hillary did, and I do think that the fucking thing is corrupt.
That is the basis of my other thread.
I am saying that unless Jill Stein starts to make a whole bunch of noise and the people rally behind her then it would be a wasted vote.
My principle is to vote for Jill, but I’m not ignorant as to how our fucked up corrupted system works either, so it would be wasted.
Maybe someone will come forward and be the people’s champion, but so far, it hasn’t happened...I might as well write in The Flying Spaghetti Monster for all the good it would do.
Again...against the Republican ideals and stance...so I’m voting to defeat them and their bullshit.
It would be all cool and awesome to make that stand and vote for a Jill Stein or someone who shares more my own ideals and see the underdog win, but it would be illogical to vote for her given our current state of affairs concerning our voting system.
We can agree to disagree if you like then, I’ll go back to my thread.

So now I'm really wrapped up with the wasted vote idea. So you are voting to win, knowing that you don't win either way. But you are still going to vote, knowing you won't win - and still hope to win. Amazing.