The "Ra's Al Ghul Belief"; An Open Letter to interested parties. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The "Ra's Al Ghul Belief"; An Open Letter to interested parties.

gotta do it properly, else i'd be stopped and noone would continue it.

If you really believed in population reduction you would just start killing people. Otherwise I say you are not truely a believer in this fad you've grabbed onto. Grow some balls.

Dear God man don't encourage him. All he'll need to do to do is find a Loeb to his Leopold and were all in trouble.

This thread is freaking disturbing. That is all.

ETA: ::Looks up.:: SEEEEEEEEE? This is why we can't have nice things. heh.

Last edited:
gotta do it properly, else i'd be stopped and noone would continue it.
Then get off t'internets and finely tune yourself into a super sleuth killing machine. You could be so successful nobody would even notice what you were doing until 1/3 of the entire population was gone.

::hides in closet with gun waiting for the Revolution to come::

Alternatives to killing:

Promoting super high density high-rise self-contained cities (all in one building), with zero carbon emision, recycled water, etc. There would basically just be some internet cables and radio antennae coming out of it.

Dear God man don't encourage him. All he'll need to do to do is find a Loeb to his Leopold and were all in trouble.

This thread is freaking disturbing. That is all.

ETA: ::Looks up.:: SEEEEEEEEE? This is why we can't have nice things. heh.

Pish Posh. He couldnt hurt a fly.

Alternatives to killing:

Promoting super high density high-rise self-contained cities (all in one building), with zero carbon emision, recycled water, etc. There would basically just be some internet cables and radio antennae coming out of it.

It works in Sim City, but in real life people won't stay cooped up in those things. They still want to travel, and then you get said contained humanity leaking out again. But, if we could get them to stay inside for a long enough period of time, we could attach rocket boosters and jettison them off the planet! :lol:

Population reduction achieved! :D

Bring about a whole new definition of getting kicked off the Island.

I'm posting this as a follow up to this post. Shai Gar believes genocide is necessary. I believe something similar will happen anyways, and I hope to mitigate it. I'm sure we're over populated, but I think there may be a way to bring our population down somewhat gradually, rather and selectively kill people. I think most people would rather die anyways than face extreme change (and I mean EXTREME!). The choice will still be theirs at least.

Precisely. We're over a cliff on a tree branch we're chopping off.

But I don't want the entire human species and every other species eradicated. I just want to prune the human race so that we can flourish better.

Why do we need to flourish? If you expect us to flourish then you are still putting us before every other species on this planet. Whom we depend on. We flourish at their expense.

I'm biased, but I'm of the belief that those who say we need to constantly reproduce need to go. And that those who ignore climate change, and are for raping the environment for economic purposes need to go, as well as those who are ignorant of history and so on.

Upper Class would be gone. Extreme Rich.
Lower Class would be gone. Extreme Poor.
Keep the Educated Liberals.

In the end, I'm only really supportive of allowing NTPs and NFJs to survive.

I recognise this as a bad point of view so I'd not want to have the final say. I'll leave it for someone who can be fair and balanced, objective and is willing to make the harsh decision. Probably an INTJ.

Funny how you're supportive xNTPs and the xNFJs, but you want the decision to be in the hands of an INTJ. I guess you figure that would be more xNFJ females for you to harass after all this shit goes down.

I'm okay with destabilisation. Stability leads to Stagnation, leads to Social Rot, leads to Corruption, leads to Oppression.

The worlds population needs to be cut by 95%. A Species can survive as long as there's a healthy genetic pool of 5000 which isn't interfered with. I'm talking about leaving a whole lot more than that.

I don't like to either. But Pruning isn't cutting the tree down, pouring sump oil on the stump and then salting the earth.

We're susceptible to the same population dynamics as any other species. We've temporarily found a way around it by throwing more energy at our food production than our food actually provides. We use energy from oil (a finite resource) for planting, harvesting, pesticides, and transportation of our food. There's actually very little actual calories of human labor that go into producing our food. Much of our food energy comes from liberally applying oil at an energy loss.

On what are you basing that number? What would be bad about a 90% reduction?

You could say that overpopulation began with agriculture, which allowed us to grow our population beyond what the ecosystem would naturally provide. We've destroyed entire ecosystems and have replaced them with monocultural crops that provide high energy returns (grains). There were problems with this from the very beginning. Any monoculture is susceptible to pests, disease, and failure. This is the cause of the famines of the past, and evidence that we are over-populated. Our population is above what a healthy ecosystem can handle, and the only way to maintain it is through monocultures that provide high energy returns, which are maintained with oil as previously stated.

I don't think we need any sort of eradication process, honestly. Even if the world population were twice what it is now, all we need to do is lay out very strict regulations for child bearing. The population would decrease rapidly. Policing/enforcing those regulations is what would have peoples panties in a bunch though.

Population = Energy Availability
Food = Energy

Even strict regulations would require energy to enforce them. There will be a point where it will be a net loss (ie the cost of extracting the oil to supplement our agriculture costs more than the energy it actually provides), the regulations will be unnecessary and population will take care of itself.

Actually I hear that the best thing to curb the rate of reproduction short of genocide is...feminism.

HAH and you thought woman's lib was good for nothing!

Hehe, I gotta agree with this to some extent. Women's lib is a start, but there are underlying factors as well.

If the Earth is overpopulated then I'm definitely in favour of reducing the population. I couldn't support genocide/murder/suicide though. So I'd have to support "passive" population reduction - limits on reproduction. I doubt that would be very effective though. It may work in China, but the government is a little more... intense - if that's the right word. I can't see it working in countries like USA or Canada or England etc.

The best way to limit reproduction is to limit the food that is available. Population cannot grow above the amount of food available. It applies to other species, it applies to us. If food is expensive, then people will buy it at the expense of other things because it is necessary. It will also limit the amount of food that is available to people. People are less likely to have children if they can't afford to take care of them. Sure it sounds like a bunch of conservative crap (welfare is bad!), but welfare is necessary to keep our economy running. If we didn't supplement the poor's income, much of the crap that drives our economy would never sell. (As an aside, I have no interest in keeping our economy running).

I think it's more like, industrialization is what is killing the earth not people. Why not build an entirely new civilization instead of killing hoards of people?

(O That's right.. because some people love to be superior to others because deep down--they feel like hell about themselves..)

Industrialization is just expediting the process.

Because apparently the western way of life is unquestionably superior to all others.

:D

Part of me agrees that the human population on the earth is approaching critical mass.

The human biomass will eventually get to the point where the planet and the resources it can produce cannot support the diversity of fauna and flora life currently supported AND the human species.

However, I cannot sanction the wholesale slaughter of people in order to reduce the population by the 95% suggested.

Rather I propose an altogether more sinister alternative.

Selective Breeding Programs.

We breed for chacteristics in our domesticated animals. Heavier 'meat' varieties of poultry, pork, bovine. Specialized traits in our canines. Speed, endurance, draft, form, etc in our equines.

Hell, we do tons of genetic engineering of our most utilized agricultural products inorder to get the most yield per acre, and to be able to grow crops in climates that would be less than hospitible to the original species.

Why shouldn't we be breeding ourselves in order to produce the best possible products?
I'm just saying.

We've already been domesticated.

I do believe in many elements of promoting a decreased birthrate. Challenging the church's views on condom and birth control use... getting rid of abstinence only sexual education in schools... etc. However, I cannot support any plans for drastic de-population. I am not a fan of playing God, it always seems to backfire.

Also - about selective genetic breeding. I believe it would also cut down on genetic diversity if we were selecting for ideal traits. This could eventually lead to everyone being wiped out by disease, etc because they were too genetically similar. Like the poor Irish potatoes.

Genetic diversity is important. Especially in agriculture. You mention the Irish potato famine, and people still fail to recognize the importance of genetic diversity. Not just in crops but ourselves as well. Swine flu is problem because of many genetically similar pigs being held in close quarters. Our cities also keep us in close quarters. The high density of animals and our own dense population allows diseases to easily jump species (zoonotic disease).

Why kill when industrializing economies and securing equal rights for women (access to abortion and birth control, which leads to position in the job market, more jobs, etc) appears to be a very effective contraceptive?

Although we find it against expectations, there are strong negative correlations between birth rates and income.

I don't see kids becoming any less of a time intensive commodity anytime soon, so lowering mortality rates (which tends to happen as countries develop) should also lower the amount of children being born.

Also, this doesn't mean that economically developed nations care less about their children. It just means that there can be opportunity to focus on child quality rather than quantity. So not only do we have slower population growth, but we also have a clear focus on the quality of our children and their ability to survive.

Well.. however... Correlation never has seemed to imply causation... but we do know that there is a relationship there!

The industrialized economies require more energy and thus more money to raise children, and so people have less children at a later age. You have to raise the children on a fairly high budget, plus you have to save the money to educate them so they can take care of themselves (because anything larger than a nuclear family is just wrong in our society). The people in an industrialized society require a very large amount of resources to sustain their lifestyle, making them much more destructive than many of the more 'populous' countries.

In many of the third world countries it's a boon to have many children, especially with globalization. It means more labor to bring more money in. If you're close to starvation it's a good chance to take. It's really the only thing you can invest in.

Dude this is messed up.
If a drastic reduction in human population is necessary for the earth's survival, it will happen on its own, if evolution is true.
If the universe and everything included in it (all physical things, earth, and humans) are created by a superior being or beings, earth's ultimate survival is guaranteed if that survival is critical to the universe and that being or beings.
Our intervention in the form that this belief suggests goes against fundemental ethics in many ways, which could be fleshed out if necessary.
Humans consistently make decisions of the magnitude you are suggesting in good faith and have found the decision was the wrong one much later in time.
Ultimately, this thinking does not hold up under intellectual scrutiny.

I could be wrong, but isn't China in trouble because they have much more females than males or something like that DUE to the procreation laws?

I mean, from what I know, a lot of Western European countries have reported fertility rates that fall below replacement levels.

Eh, I don't know. I just have a feeling that the procreation laws do more harm than good. Large families, so long as governments or businesses in industrialized have some means of providing for retirement or health care, don't seem to serve much of a purpose anymore. So why would that cost be incurred?

I went to china last year on a humanitarian aide trip. we did a bunch of clinics in inner mongolia. Point being, these people, the minorities, are actually allowed more than one child. They need the children to man the farms since they don't have money for tractors/western farm equipment. They will soon outnumber the "han" chinese since the "han" have the restrictions (and that makes little sense to me bc the "han" are the "superior" race, but whatever).

Anyhow, we had a 24 hour train ride from Beij'ing to our Destination, and I saw a handful of villages the whole time. The rest of the time . . . empty fields. China has a lot of empty space! Their overpopulation is in their cities. Once you get out of the city, the population is exponentially reduced.

Not sure where I was going with that . . . I think its time for this tired texter/blogger/whatever to log off and saw a few . . .

I went to china last year on a humanitarian aide trip. we did a bunch of clinics in inner mongolia. Point being, these people, the minorities, are actually allowed more than one child. They need the children to man the farms since they don't have money for tractors/western farm equipment. They will soon outnumber the "han" chinese since the "han" have the restrictions (and that makes little sense to me bc the "han" are the "superior" race, but whatever).

Anyhow, we had a 24 hour train ride from Beij'ing to our Destination, and I saw a handful of villages the whole time. The rest of the time . . . empty fields. China has a lot of empty space! Their overpopulation is in their cities. Once you get out of the city, the population is exponentially reduced.

Not sure where I was going with that . . . I think its time for this tired texter/blogger/whatever to log off and saw a few . . .

I agree, the planet indeed has lots of empty space. It is also true in the U.S. And that's a good thing. Population density can be a good thing, minimizing impact to the planet at large.
On the other hand, if that population density proves to be harmful to the planet at large, then it should be altered, and there are many alternatives to altering that without actually taking human lives.

KWIS!

Yeah, that's a problem here too.