The Poo Thread | Page 15 | INFJ Forum

The Poo Thread

Is it abnormal if you don't poop for A WHOLE DAY?

I absolutely hate it. Least favorite part of my day. I would be so happy if it were a once a year type thing carried out in hospital setting. I think I may be retentive. I grew up with an anally expulsive individual. Seriously, shit everywhere. I know really hate shit, my own included.

e80ac2bdeffecf63836baa59fb400c71.jpg

funny-pictures-auto-rage-comics-weight-380278.jpeg

Info provided by Dr. Robynne Chutkan, gastroenterologist at Georgetown Hospital. Main article on 9 Facts about Poop found HERE

The ideal poop is a "continuous log" – and sinks to the bottom of the toilet

01-21-2014_poop-chart-v4.0.jpg

There are some doctors that say pooping three times a week is sufficient, but Chutkan says that you should probably make a bowel movement every day – assuming you're eating food every day. (In some cases, irregularity can actually be caused by extreme stress, as hormones like adrenaline and cortisol can slow down the digestive process.)

Under ideal conditions, she says, "it should be very easy to pass – almost effortless." And it should take the form of a continuous log or two, with a diameter similar to that of a circle you can make with your index finger and thumb.

Finally, poop should sink, not float. Floating stool is usually a sign of poor nutrient absorption or excessive gas.

Of course, poops come in all shapes and sizes – as shown in the Bristol stool scale, created by the University of Bristol's Ken Heaton, at right – but Chutkan says the ideal poop is a three or four on the scale.

If your poop isn't a perfect, easy, continuous log, it's not necessarily a sign that you're sick. But it may be a sign that you're not eating enough fiber, or that your gut microbiome isn't in great shape.

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
Info provided by Dr. Robynne Chutkan, gastroenterologist at Georgetown Hospital. Main article on 9 Facts about Poop found HERE

The ideal poop is a "continuous log" — and sinks to the bottom of the toilet

01-21-2014_poop-chart-v4.0.jpg

There are some doctors that say pooping three times a week is sufficient, but Chutkan says that you should probably make a bowel movement every day — assuming you're eating food every day. (In some cases, irregularity can actually be caused by extreme stress, as hormones like adrenaline and cortisol can slow down the digestive process.)

Under ideal conditions, she says, "it should be very easy to pass — almost effortless." And it should take the form of a continuous log or two, with a diameter similar to that of a circle you can make with your index finger and thumb.

Finally, poop should sink, not float. Floating stool is usually a sign of poor nutrient absorption or excessive gas.

Of course, poops come in all shapes and sizes — as shown in the Bristol stool scale, created by the University of Bristol's Ken Heaton, at right — but Chutkan says the ideal poop is a three or four on the scale.

If your poop isn't a perfect, easy, continuous log, it's not necessarily a sign that you're sick. But it may be a sign that you're not eating enough fiber, or that your gut microbiome isn't in great shape.

In Plato's Theory of Forms, in an unseeable realm, lies the ideal Poop.

Reactions: Free
I've gone as much as a week without pooping.

This has been standard for me whenever I leave the house for vacation.
And when I then come back home again, it's just a matter of seconds and I have to take a sit.
Strange, huh?

Under ideal conditions, she says, "it should be very easy to pass — almost effortless." And it should take the form of a continuous log or two, with a diameter similar to that of a circle you can make with your index finger and thumb.
WHAT?! That would be a BIG turd for me! 4 cm in diameter, yeesh!

I used to try and hold in my poop in school and when I went to camp for the week. If you were caught in the latrines( which had a long bench with 4-6 shithole) taking a shit, you where laughed at. It was logical to me: If I didn't want to be picked on, I just need not shit.

One day that summer, I was on day three and doing nature observation. I was far a head of the group coming down off the hill and I had to shit more than anyone in the planet has ever had to shit. I needed a place, anyplace. I started running. I was either going to shit my pants or somewhere in the woods. Then, lo and behold, I stumbled upon an empty campsite!I was never so happy and relieved to shit.

An Ode to Poo

Oh the poo stories I could tell...

From Bedpans and bathroom stalls

To holes dug in the ground, poison ivy for T.P.

Diapers to Depends, the cycle of life

Endless miles of toilet paper and moist towelettes

Cleaning the shit spewing from our bums, if not our mouths

~*~​

poo.png

Reactions: Misadventure