[ENTJ] - The Perfect Man | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[ENTJ] The Perfect Man

Should men fuse with A.I and eventually trancend their humanity?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
See, I feel that way, too... scared. I don't go on dates with men alone. I think that's smart, but I also realize I am biased by my traumas. I am hypervigilant and paranoid that everyone is a rapist. That's not the case.
Oh definitely. But it is a common thread, sadly, for a large segment of women. The percentage of women who have dealt with such abuses is wild.

Then it becomes a gamble. Who am I dealing with here? What is this person really like underneath his public veneer? Some don't rape outright, but manipulate and the hidden things emerge well into the RS or worse, marriage.

I know women can do the same. But women, in general, are not hiding any sexually predatorial traits.

Oh definitely. But it is a common thread, sadly, for a large segment of women. The percentage of women who have dealt with such abuses is wild.

Then it becomes a gamble. Who am I dealing with here? What is this person really like underneath his public veneer? Some don't rape outright, but manipulate and the hidden things emerge well into the RS or worse, marriage.

I know women can do the same. But women, in general, are not hiding any sexually predatorial traits.
And if you can't peek through the facade, it's safer to decline. That is, if you haven't been alerted to something else by then.

@Pin The fact that you care this much and have such a drive toward having a wife, children, and a happy family home says a lot about you that's wonderful. Creeps don't care about being a good man.. That's the main point here.

If a man is really concerned with being a good man.. striving for perfection, even, then he surely is not aiming to be a charlatan and is not out to manipulate.

Relax. It's sad that there are a lot of bad apples that spoil women's trust, truly sad, I know. But take heart.. a woman who gets to know you will see who you really are.

The main threats that women face from men are sexual and physical violence so the best way for men to "be better" is to actively intervene in situations where women are abused, protect your mother's and daughters and sisters from other men who wish to harm them. Obviously most men aren't out attacking women it's a small percent that repeatedly does it and gets away with it. The east area rapist raped 50 women and killed 10 people and got away with it not caught for decades. So all it takes is one guy determined to hurt people, one man can easily give 50 women permanent PTSD and trust issues while it could take dozens of positive relationships with men to earn that sense of safety back in a woman's eyes.

Re: the poll

What exactly is the AI supposed to provide that would bring us closer to perfection? If we are the designers, how can fusing with our own creation give us anything we haven't already possessed? Assuming the AI has faculties which would allow it to evolve past our own, how could we possibly know if they benefit us without becoming corruptible in a new way?

Any such propositions essentially amount to "we would think better if we weren't human". But this is a closed loop that can never point to anything that isn't already a part of itself, just like trying to logically show what is beyond logic. If this is about morality, does the concept even retain any value if we transcend humanity? Can any man know a standard of good without evil remaining a possibility?

Let's keep things generally upbeat and humorous here folks. No personal attacks or out-of-thread drama permitted here. You're also welcome to agree or disagree in this thread. With that said, go away! :laughing:

Anyway, I saw a thread that was pretty solid and it reinforced a lot of my experiences with negative feedback related to being a man. And frankly, I can confirm that a lot of men, conventionally speaking, don't do good things.

Not every person is a wealthy genius with a perfect body and perfect psyche. I get it, I get it. That's still no excuse to act out of hatred or malice towards anybody. Ideally, people would just be good and get along, be rational and moral.

The world is filled with all manner of people and inequality is real. Everyday people fall short of our cultural heroes in so many respects. For example, I'm an American. A hero of mine is John F. Kennedy. Another is Martin Luther King Jr.

Compare my day-to-day life with these guys and I spend way too much time watching Netflix, I don't exercise enough, and I'm not making the world significantly more moral. Not saying that we should give up though, just saying that I (and most people) fall short.

I remember I was on a date with this woman and I told her jokingly about my attitude to life, "I'm not God, but I try to be my best." Whatever she thought about that comment, it was sincere. Like, I recognize my limitations as an individual but I'm still trying to be a good person despite them.

All of this nonsense raises an important question, what can men do better? This question is largely oriented to anyone who cares about men or is romantically interested in men.

TL;DR: what can men do better? How great can a man be?
What do you mean by 'better', @Pin? What are you trying to 'be' in the world?

I'm not sure, but if I could be God I would be God. It's unfortunately impossible.
To accomplish what?

@Pin The fact that you care this much and have such a drive toward having a wife, children, and a happy family home says a lot about you that's wonderful. Creeps don't care about being a good man.. That's the main point here.

If a man is really concerned with being a good man.. striving for perfection, even, then he surely is not aiming to be a charlatan and is not out to manipulate.

Relax. It's sad that there are a lot of bad apples that spoil women's trust, truly sad, I know. But take heart.. a woman who gets to know you will see who you really are.
^agreed, btw. Occupying yourself with the topic is a sure sign you're doing something right over there.