The Path Test | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Path Test

*closes eyes and imagines* Okay here goes...

You are walking down a PATH. Describe it.

It is a stone path, that winds and it is through a beautiful countryside

2. Alongside of the path are some TREES. What are they like?
There are all kinds of them. There are tall pine trees and weeping willows and big oaks. They are beautiful and green and majestic.

3. As you are walking along this path, you see a BEAR. What do you do?

Provided I didn't think he was going to viciously attack me, I would say "Hi there Bear. What are you up to today?" :) Then I would probably watch him for awhile.

4. After you've dealt with the bear, you continue on and find a HOUSE. Describe what this house looks like.

It is a big beautiful Victorian mansion with a huge Rose garden around it like in "The Secret Garden" There are little chirping birds and butterflies and creatures all around.

5. You go into the house and into one of the INSIDE rooms. Describe what you find there.
A big bedroom with a fireplace in it, ornate bedding and furniture, thick lace curtains
flowers, candles
6. You exit the house, and see a body of WATER. Describe it.
It is a lovely lake. Big and clear, with the sun shining on it.

7. To one side of you there is a WALL. Describe it.
It's an old stone wall, with moss, little flowers and ivy on it. It has an iron gate.

8. You look on the OTHERSIDE of the wall, and what do you see?

I see bubbling stream with a water wheel next to a meadow of green grass.

1. You are walking down a PATH. Describe it.
It's a dirt path, it isn't straight and is leading me out of a forest.

They have leaves on them, but not that many. They also aren't close to eachother.

First I wonder, what the hell is this bear doing here, then I'll run away.

4. After you've dealt with the bear, you continue on and find a HOUSE. Describe what this house looks like.
A small house which has a chimney with smoke coming out of it.

5. You go into the house and into one of the INSIDE rooms. Describe what you find there.
A fireplace, a warm cosy bed and some old furniture.

It isn't too big but the water is quite clean. It's like a little pond.

It's and old broken wall, with some graffiti on it and there's an owl resting on it.

I see a city in the distance.

It is a long paved road going into the sunset around me are opened fields. The wind is in my face.

The trees line the field they are leafy green there is a fence right in front of them I look closer it is a stone fence.

Run and hug it, it hugs back

The house is white, small, and slightly dilapidated there is a rusty trycicle out front.

A small room with large opened windows an oriental rug, an armchair, a fire place, and a rocking chair with a table right next to it and some lemonade on it. There is a piano in the corner with a doily on top. Plus a bouqet of flowers on the doily.

It is a man made lake with no foliage on the side, it used to be used for irrigation

It is a stone wall that goes directly to the edge of the the lake as it approaches the lake it deteriorates.

Rolling fields; hill after green hill of open fields.

Last edited:
PATH= your future
TREES= you friends
BEAR= how you deal with problems
HOUSE= how others see you
INSIDE= how you really are
WATER= sex life
WALL= death
OTHERSIDE= afterlife

well thats interesting

That actually makes a lot of sense

Last edited:
I'm walking down what feels like an endless lime tree avenue in which you can't to see the end. The sky is misty clear blue after days of pouring rain. The sun shines through the bright leaves, dazzling the colours of fallen leaves on the ground in green and red shades.

They are grand, statuous and mystical. The wind gently breezes through it's leaves and it's very much alive.

It would feel strange and I would probably stop to observe it.

A glowing house made of cookie and cake.

There are three pots of porridge; a small-sized, a middle-sized and a great. Each has a chair arranged in size accordingly to the pots.

It is a mesmerizing mystic river.

It is a dense brick wall, a bad one.

After desperate tries, I can't climb over the wall...

I can't really seem to find it, because I think you just interpret it as you think you are.
How do I relate to old furniture? :|

Well mine makes sense to me. :m054:

1. You are walking down a PATH. Describe it. It is a simple forest path.
(PATH= your future: Apparently, I don't have grand plans for the future other than to be a pioneer in life)

2. Alongside of the path are some TREES. What are they like? It is a light forest with sunlight shining down between the leaves.
(TREES= you friends: Apparently, I have a lot of friends whom I feel are full of light)

3. As you are walking along this path, you see a BEAR. What do you do? I quickly spread my arms and roar at it, to startle it into running away. If need be, I'll wrestle the bear to let my loved ones get away, but I will punch it in the nose because I know that it is a vulnerable spot that may cause it to flee.
(BEAR= how you deal with problems: Apparently, I deal with problems head on, quickly and aggressively, putting solving problems for others at a higher priority than myself.)

It is a lovely woodland chatteau, quite spacious, several stories stretching up into the thatched roofing, with many windows, natural stone and plaster.
(HOUSE= how others see you: Nice! Apparently people see me as elegant, a much bigger person than expected, yet comforting and down to earth with some walls that are just for show.)

5. You go into the house and into one of the INSIDE rooms.
Describe what you find there. The rooms are very well kept with simple yet elegant furnishings.
(INSIDE= how you really are: Apparently, I am well organized, simple and elegant)

Behind the house is a huge lake that stretches to the horizon.
(WATER= sex life: Heh, I doubt this is my sex life. More likely my view of sex, which is that sex is an infinite indescribable connection and expression of both pure and sensual love)

It must be one of the natural stone walls of the chatteau that are only a few feet high, embattled, but obviously only for show.
(WALL= death: Now that is profound. Death is just a formality in my view.)

The lovely grounds of the chatteau and the serene forest, some friends and loved ones arriving in the middle of the day perhaps for a wedding.
(OTHERSIDE= afterlife: Now, that is an afterlife I can look forward to!)

Edit: Okay, now I looked at what the answers mean... (explanations in parenthesis)

Last edited:

A worn cobblestone path about 5ft wide.

Aspens, oaks, other nondescript huge ancient trees.

Ignore it but be cautious.

A hobbit house.

Lots of intricate woods carvings and unique furniture, a hardwood floor, Persian rugs, a nice cozy bar area with a fire place, and the windows are round stained glass.

A small fishing lake with a dock.

An old stone fence about 4 feet high, like those used to keep in sheep or mark boundaries.

A dense forest.

I'm walking through a path in the mountains, not very well defined and the terrain is somewhat difficult but the view is spectacular. I'm picturing some of the backpacking trails I went on in Colorado.

They're mostly pine trees on the side of the mountain. The occasional flowering crab apple tree.

I'm gonna be completely irrational and assume it's a little black bear eating honey, so I go up, pet it, and make friends with it.

It's a tiny little log cabin, kinda like a house out of the 1800's (but built sometime in the recent past).

A fireplace (not lit because it's the middle of summer) with a huge leather recliner in front of it, facing out a window overlooking a great mountain view. There's also a piano and guitar in the corner.

A huge back county lake with tiny little rivers feeding into it.

A wall in the mountains? I'm gonna say it's a wooden fence, like the ones they use on a cattle farm.

A huge feild running through the mountains; it looks like a scene out of a sound of music.

PATH= your future
TREES= you friends
WATER= sex life
WALL= death
OTHERSIDE= afterlife

Well I guess my future is going to involve a lot of backpacking, which is cool because it's a dream of mine to backpack across the country, through the back country. My friends are tall and skinny, with the occasional crab? I guess I embrace and coddle my problems. I'm kinda disappointed that people see me as quaint and old fashion, but the inside is pretty cool. If only my sex life was huge (with a bunch of fish) with tributaries feeding into it; I'd be pretty happy with that. Sounds like death is gonna grab a hold of me pretty easily, seeing as my wall is a wooden fence. The afterlife sounds perfect though.

It's a path in a green forest. The lighting is dim because of the vegetation.
Ha, I already described them. They are tall and huge. They are pine trees.
I watch it. It is a kind, gentle creature not interested in fighting me.
It is a small house built from wood. It hasn't been painted, the colour is simply the brown shade of the wood that it has been built from. From the outside it look like a comfy cottage.
I find an old woman rocking in a rocking chair, singing an old song, looking at the fireplace where there is a small fire.
It is a lovely brook. The water is clear and makes a nice sound as it flows.
It is a brick wall. It is very strange to find such a solid brick wall in this beautiful forest.
A polluted town where people are busy and unhappy. :(

So looks like I'm going to hell. :D No, really. :(

And quite optimistic in generally: my friends outshine me, I ignore problems, thinking that they're not a threat, I live in the past and then death takes me by surprise and I go to hell. :/

Last edited:
It's a dirt path through some trees. The dirt is a light brown colour and very soft. It's wide enough for several people to walk along side eachother, or for passing easily. It's pretty flat, not hilly or difficult at all, and pretty straight with a few wide curves.

They are tall, with very green leaves, and some of them are fruit bearers. They are all different kinds, a lot of them are shagbark hickory.

I get really quiet, and get out my camera. I take a picture or two, and carefully and quietly keep on my way, neither of us does much more than notice, appreciate, and accept the other.

It's cozy, two stories. It's brick and has a chimney with smoke coming out. White curtains hang in the windows and a warm light shines from behind them. The window frames are painted a lovely blue, and the roof is a dark red, slanted toward the path.

There's a couch in front of a crackling fire with a thick rug between them. The floor is wood, and there are bookshelves filled with various books along the walls. One lies open on a table next to the couch with a steaming mug of tea next to it. There's a nice lamp on the table as well. The couch is a beige colour, and really squashy.

It's a pond with some geese and ducks swimming in it. There's a bench next to it.

It comes up to my waist, and is made of stone. I can easily climb up on it and walk along the top. The stone is an off-white/brown colour.

Grass. There are leaves, flowers, and bugs in the grass, but it's the kind of really green grass that you want to walk on barefoot

PATH = winding dirt path with the sound of a creek nearby.

TREES = Weeping Willow with the longest branches sweeping on the ground. Also lots of deciduous tress as well.

BEAR = I watch it from a distance for a while before it saunters off.

HOUSE = Earth house, with the front door open and a lovely smell of fresh baked pie wafting on the breeze.

INSIDE = I go into the kitchen that looks rather state of the art and yet has a earthy quality I can't quite put my finger on.

WATER = A creek with lots of rocks, moss, and sound.

WALL = Made out of river stones, the wall is about a foot higher than I can reach. There is moss on the rocks.

OTHERSIDE = A beautiful garden with lots of flowers.

Answer Key

PATH= your future
TREES= you friends
WATER= sex life
WALL= death
OTHERSIDE= afterlife

That was awesome. What a fun little game!

What's weird is the similarity of those descriptions. Hmmm...

My tale:

Winding, big stones, narrow pathway. The stones are dinner plate size and raised above ground. They are various shades of white and tan, with grout separating them.

Sparse, tall, spindly pines.

Nothing. He's a harmless, brown circus bear. He's huge, much taller than me, but he's friendly. I smile at it and go on my way.

Very small gingerbread house, partially shaded by a tree. It's made from stone, brick, and wood and it has a chimney with smoke coming from it. There's one red, wooden door and three concrete steps leading to the door. The path ends at the door. Also, there's one window but you can't see inside. Rustic.

Plain living room, not very decorated. Two big fluffy couches, one rug on the floor, and a huge fireplace in the middle. A giant mirror (gold gilded) is on top of the mantle. White walls.

Very still, very clear, very clean pond. A few fish are in it: Koi. The sun glints off the water and a gentle breeze sends ripples through it. It's extremely calming. Peaceful.

Big, white, featureless wall. Floor to ceiling, can't see around it.

I can't see over it.

1. You are walking down a PATH. Describe it. Yellow tint to everything. Reminds me of a Robert Frost poem. Pretty unbeatened path.

Small birches

Freeze

Countrystyle elegant home

A very eccentric, French renaissance sitting room

Huge lake as far as I can see

Concrete, graffiti, all ravaged looking like the Berlin Wall

Somehow a tall white privacy fence.

The path is hard trodden, many have travelled it before, there are leaves covering the path, but it is clear of large obstacles.

The are large and old. They still have many leaves on them.

The bear is off to the side and is not interested in me, I continue past it.

The house is abandoned, it is old with creeping vine growing all over it. The shingles are a mess and there is no front door, some windows are broken.

I see bed a bed without sheets, there are numerous invaluable items strewn about. Everything of worth has been taken.

The water is a stream with a small waterfall, the water is clear.

The wall is unexpected, it doesn't fit into my scene. It is concrete.

I see what was there before, a continuation of the forest I am in.

Last edited: