The iPad | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The iPad

I just love Apple. They come up with these incrementally different devices every couple of months and advertise them as entirely new products, making sure they crap out on you just after the point where their warranty expires, and then expect you to send them in for $$ repairs, or throw them out and buy new ones, because the obscure design makes it impossible to open the damn things up and make repairs yourself.
/rant

Time to rebrand iThink

I just love Apple. They come up with these incrementally different devices every couple of months and advertise them as entirely new products, making sure they crap out on you just after the point where their warranty expires, and then expect you to send them in for $$ repairs, or throw them out and buy new ones, because the obscure design makes it impossible to open the damn things up and make repairs yourself.
/rant

I'm not an Apple fanboy, but some of this isn't really fair. Some of their devices (mainly the newer Macbook Pros) are relatively easy to work on, as removing the bottom panel gives the technician access to most of the internal hardware. The keyboard is a bitch to replace since it's underneath everything and the screen is one assembly, as opposed to having an LCD and the housing for it, but otherwise I'd say they're easier to repair than most laptops. The magnetic screws are the biggest nuisance, since they keep flying to different parts of the case when you're trying to screw it back together.

I've heard many a horror story about iBooks, but they're all but dead. iPod Videos aren't terrible to open once you've done one or two, but the first time I opened one I found myself cursing Apple and their kin. With the iPhone/iPod Touch, it really depends on which generation we're talking about.

Again, not an Apple fanboy, but some of their designs are conducive to making repairs. Others are a nightmare. This is basically like any other company.

If you want to hate on someone for making their machines difficult to repair, we should start talking about Sony. If I had a magic button to make every Sony laptop in the world light on fire, I'd put a rock on top of it.

Last edited:
I just don't get the name.

Why iPad?

I've seen a website abusing this + menstruation + Applet jabs way too much to be bored after like, a day?

As for the object themselves, eeeeh. Not really interested. Maybe when I have extra money to spare. iPod nano still awaits.

It appears the iPad name has already been used for another device, by another company. Good times

It also seems that Apple has stolen their idea from The Onion

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA"]YouTube- Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard[/ame]

If this thing could be used with a stylus pen and varying levels of pressure sensitivity, so it would be a sort of poor man's Cintiq, it would be useful. Alas, it cannot and therefore is not. (useful)

Hmm fancy pants. I would like to to try one out, but like everything, the novelty would wear off.

I wouldn't complain is someone gave me one, but I'm quite happy with my good ol desktop.

Edit: and what the fuck is that massive wheel replacing the keyboard!!! having to scroll to each damn letter lol, that's a load of crap imo.

Last edited:
Edit: and what the fuck is that massive wheel replacing the keyboard!!! having to scroll to each damn letter lol, that's a load of crap imo.

The Onion is a satirical website. The Macwheel (or whatever it's called) doesn't actually exist. ;)

I just don't get the name.

Why iPad?

I've seen a website abusing this + menstruation + Applet jabs way too much to be bored after like, a day?

As for the object themselves, eeeeh. Not really interested. Maybe when I have extra money to spare. iPod nano still awaits.

You're from 4chan/Sickipedia too?

The Onion is a satirical website. The Macwheel (or whatever it's called) doesn't actually exist. ;)
Oh damn, hahaha, I feel like une limon.

Thanks for enlightening me. Sithious fooled me for the last time. I shall bide my time..

You're from 4chan/Sickipedia too?
Oh wow. No. I lurk on 4chan every once in a while, but no. I wonder what'd I say if I lurk there nao.....

/rant
I have 5 macs, 6 if you include my retired first edition imac. I have had no trouble with any of them. I am running windows 7 on the macmini I am on right now.

Does anyone have an I Pad?

They should have called it iFad.

Alternatively they can make us an iShag

They should have called it iFad.

Alternatively they can make us an iShag

when they don't sell steve jobs will be iMad. he will dump all his mac stocks and be iGlad. then bill gates will laugh in his face and he'll be iSad.

lol, sorry, just being silly.

Just goes to show you how terrible I am at picking up on that kind of stuff. That joke didn't even remotely cross my mind until I read about in the news.

It's because you have no use for knowing about womanly things, indigo. We forgive you.