[PAX] - The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump | Page 32 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

Some yes, but seeing someone else say it I can better understand how throwing the baby out with the bathwater (i.e. pronouncing being disappointed that the thread is still active) is kind of insulting towards people who are making legitimate efforts towards presenting info that they see as important. I agree that much political discourse that takes place in the country in general is divisive and pointless, but I think that this thread (especially since eventhorizon's ban) is far removed from what I consider true cesspools, such as major news network comment threads.

Ah, I'm sorry. Maybe I just didn't read far enough. Didn't mean to insult legit conversation.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Ah, I'm sorry. Maybe I just didn't read far enough. Didn't mean to insult legit conversation.
No worries, I wouldn't blame anyone for taking cues from the circus in the earlier pages. I followed the discussion as it happened, but I would never have the patience to just up and read the entire thread from beginning to end without drawing similar conclusions after the first 10 pages.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-23_16-5-13.png
    upload_2018-8-23_16-5-13.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Skarekrow and Wyote
upload_2018-8-23_17-50-33.png

Reactions: Skarekrow and Wyote
Brown University's Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs published its annual "Costs of War" report Wednesday, taking into consideration the Pentagon's spending and its Overseas Contingency Operations account, as well as "war-related spending by the Department of State, past and obligated spending for war veterans’ care, interest on the debt incurred to pay for the wars, and the prevention of and response to terrorism by the Department of Homeland Security."

The final count revealed, "The United States has appropriated and is obligated to spend an estimated $5.9 trillion (in current dollars) on the war on terror through Fiscal Year 2019, including direct war and war-related spending and obligations for future spending on post 9/11 war veterans."

"In sum, high costs in war and war-related spending pose a national security concern because they are unsustainable," the report concluded. "The public would be better served by increased transparency and by the development of a comprehensive strategy to end the wars and deal with other urgent national security priorities.”

"Wednesday's report found that the "US military is conducting counterterror activities in 76 countries, or about 39 percent of the world's nations, vastly expanding [its mission] across the globe." In addition, these operations "have been accompanied by violations of human rights and civil liberties, in the US and abroad."

Overall, researchers estimated that "between 480,000 and 507,000 people have been killed in the United States’ post-9/11 wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan." This toll "does not include the more than 500,000 deaths from the war in Syria, raging since 2011" when a West-backed rebel and jihadi uprising challenged the government, an ally of Russia and Iran. That same year, the U.S.-led NATO Western military alliance intervened in Libya and helped insurgents overthrowlongtime leader Muammar el-Qaddafi, leaving the nation in an ongoing state of civil war.

The combined human cost for the U.S. throughout its actions in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan was 6,951 troops, 21 civilians and 7,820 contractors.

"While we often know how many US soldiers die, most other numbers are to a degree uncertain. Indeed, we may never know the total direct death toll in these wars. For example, tens of thousands of civilians may have died in retaking Mosul and other cities from ISIS but their bodies have likely not been recovered," the report noted."

"In addition, this tally does not include 'indirect deaths.' Indirect harm occurs when wars' destruction leads to long term, 'indirect,' consequences for people’s health in war zones, for example because of loss of access to food, water, health facilities, electricity or other infrastructure," it added.

In February, President Donald Trump estimated that "we have spent $7 trillion in the Middle East," saying "what a mistake" it was. Weeks later, he reportedly told his military advisers to prepare a plan to withdraw from Syria as the war against ISIS entered its final phases, though senior Washington officials have since expanded the U.S. mission—considered illegal by the Syrian government and its allies—to include countering Iran and its allies.

Reactions: neko
46071731_2836696236341336_624881457684283392_n.jpg

Reactions: neko
I have to post this because I just Googled this dude and pretty much died laughing
MattWhitaker.JPG

LMAO

Judge orders Trump administration to restore CNN reporter
Jim Acosta’s White House press pass
  • A federal judge on Friday grants CNN’s request for a court order that would temporarily reinstate network correspondent Jim Acosta’s White House press pass.
  • CNN’s legal challenge comes in response to the Trump administration’s decision last week to yank Acosta’s “hard pass,” which gave him access to the White House grounds, after Acosta clashed with the president at a news conference earlier that day.
  • CNN’s lawsuit underscores Trump’s increasingly hostile relationship with many mainstream media outlets, which he regularly decries as “fake news” and “the enemy of the people.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/jud...orter-jim-acostas-white-house-press-pass.html

Reactions: Scientia and Wyote
upload_2018-12-1_15-13-33.png

If this all gets run on The Real Life of... I'm gonna have a field day.

Oh...Misappropriation of the truth, wth does that even mean ?!? :p
giphy.gif