[PAX] - The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump | Page 31 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

Not going to lie, I’m a little disappointed by how far this thread has made it. I thought we were better than this. Yet here we are... 31 pages later... fighting over opinions that change noting now and won’t even mater in 10, 100, or even 1,000 years from now. :/

All we do when we throw crap online without seeking to build consensus is we tear down our own credibility and potential for some relationships. Why not just save the opinions for Election Day when it counts?

Not going to lie, I’m a little disappointed by how far this thread has made it. I thought we were better than this. Yet here we are... 31 pages later... fighting over opinions that change noting now and won’t even mater in 10, 100, or even 1,000 years from now. :/

All we do when we throw crap online without seeking to build consensus is we tear down our own credibility and potential for some relationships. Why not just save the opinions for Election Day when it counts?

Building consensus in the current environment (at least, as US politics are concerned) is a non-starter. How does one build consensus when the entire point of the political mechanism is to set the two (and only two) sides at complete odds with one another? The game is rigged. Consensus, my ass.

This thread is dedicated to calling out the egregious corruption that has become so commonplace in this administration. As such, it serves a distinctly important purpose as a permanent record of these items. If you have evidence to refute any of the claims presented here, please present it. Otherwise, take this information for what it is and try to learn something from it.

Building consensus in the current environment (at least, as US politics are concerned) is a non-starter. How does one build consensus when the entire point of the political mechanism is to set the two (and only two) sides at complete odds with one another? The game is rigged. Consensus, my ass.

This thread is dedicated to calling out the egregious corruption that has become so commonplace in this administration. As such, it serves a distinctly important purpose as a permanent record of these items. If you have evidence to refute any of the claims presented here, please present it. Otherwise, take this information for what it is and try to learn something from it.

Well said, we live in democracies and civil discourse is absolutely essential. People should and must voice their opinion.

Sonetimes it might seem futile, but it isn't - it all aggregates into the zeitgeist if you like.

Repression is generally a bad thing, whether you do it to yourself or others. Look what happened with 'political correctness' - it disintegrated and all of those repressed opinions burst out, unchallenged and untempered.

I honestly believe that we should allow for all truly held opinions to enter the civil discourse.

And by the way, this is a forum - the etymology of that word is significant.

At some point in the future there might not be an election day, with the way things are going.

At some point in the future there might not be an election day, with the way things are going.

Woah woah wow! Hold ya horses. That's the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. All this does is isolate you from people on the other side of the political spectrum. That kind of talk isn't solving any problems, and It isn't presenting new information. It's just putting you at odds with more people without giving you anything in return.

*shrug*

People like to discuss politics. There are plenty of non-political threads to discuss the fate of humanity, our souls, cats, and potatoes.

I’m not a fan of the occasional propaganda post, however I think it’s definitely informative to see info such as how we are being trolled and manipulated by enemy states via social media. I also think it’s informative to see how people in office are abusing their power.

Last edited:
As the midterm elections grow closer we can expect the current POTUS to grow more and more frenetic. If the special counsel delivers anything damaging between now and then we might see something that we will be telling our grandchildren about.
giphy.gif

As the midterm elections grow closer we can expect the current POTUS to grow more and more frenetic. If the special counsel delivers anything damaging between now and then we might see something that we will be telling our grandchildren about.
giphy.gif

What do you know?

I know that if control of the House of Representatives falls into the Democratic Party's hands then the Democrats will use the subpoena power of the various oversight committees to reveal all kinds of nasty facts about Mr T and his crew. Anyone who thinks that the last two years has been bad is going to be shocked by how the next two years will unfold. Right now the GOP appears to have a 25% chance of retaining control of the House, not bad odds and they may well hold off the Dems, but if they don't ...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Skarekrow
20770138_1673605276044785_4294740626065656844_n.jpg

*shrug*

People like to discuss politics. There are plenty of non-political threads to discuss the fate of humanity, our souls, cats, and potatoes.

I’m not a fan of the occasional propaganda post, however I think it’s definitely informative to see info such as how we are being trolled and manipulated by enemy states via social media. I also think it’s informative to see how people in office are abusing their power.

I mean, yes. That stuff is helpful. However, a thread like this isn’t exactly a credible news source.

Reactions: Stu
I mean, yes. That stuff is helpful. However, a thread like this isn’t exactly a credible news source.
I have to acknowledge that I'm the pot calling the kettle black here. Last year I was saying the same thing, though it was due to my exasperation with eventhorizon making his own troll threads and destroying ones like this where people were trying to have legitimate discussion. I don't think anyone is approaching any thread here as a source for the complete and unbiased truth, but there is definitely info here that is worth discussing.

It’s not meant to be a credible news source...it’s mainly for discussion, but also jokes, etc. in regards to our super Prez...whatever people here want to talk about.
That’s all...there are lots of news sites and fact checking sites.
This is a forum format.

It’s not meant to be a credible news source...it’s mainly for discussion, but also jokes, etc. in regards to our super Prez...whatever people here want to talk about.
That’s all...there are lots of news sites and fact checking sites.
This is a forum format.

And when you take what I said out of context, as it is now, your response makes perfect sense.

And when you take what I said out of context, as it is now, your response makes perfect sense.
What did I take out of context?
Sorry?
I’m not going to argue with you.
Find a mirror for that please.
Cheers.

Reactions: infinite dreams
I have to acknowledge that I'm the pot calling the kettle black here. Last year I was saying the same thing, though it was due to my exasperation with eventhorizon making his own troll threads and destroying ones like this where people were trying to have legitimate discussion. I don't think anyone is approaching any thread here as a source for the complete and unbiased truth, but there is definitely info here that is worth discussing.

Yes, indeed there is. I agree with that. My complaint is that the majority of what I've seen here isn't a discussion. It's people strengthening their confirmation bias while alienating themselves from those on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

What did I take out of context?
Sorry?
I’m not going to argue with you.
Find a mirror for that please.
Cheers.

Sorry if that was a bit snappy. :/

I was saying that this isn't a good news source in response to someone implying that you can find news here. Not going to lie... I'm kninda in a mood right now. I think I just need some sleep.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Yes, indeed there is. I agree with that. My complaint is that the majority of what I've seen here isn't a discussion. It's people strengthening their confirmation bias while alienating themselves from those on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

Some yes, but seeing someone else say it I can better understand how throwing the baby out with the bathwater (i.e. pronouncing being disappointed that the thread is still active) is kind of insulting towards people who are making legitimate efforts towards presenting info that they see as important. I agree that much political discourse that takes place in the country in general is divisive and pointless, but I think that this thread (especially since eventhorizon's ban) is far removed from what I consider true cesspools, such as major news network comment threads.

Sorry if that was a bit snappy. :/

I was saying that this isn't a good news source in response to someone implying that you can find news here. Not going to lie... I'm kninda in a mood right now. I think I just need some sleep.
We all get like that...NP.
I certainly do.

Yes...there is a certain amount of confirmation bias going on here...just as there are threads that are counter to this one politically on the forum that do the same type thing.
Politics in the US is damned joke anyhow...Reps. Dems.
I only see those who have sold out the working man for monetary and political gain.
I don’t disagree with you...but if I don’t make jokes about our current state I might punch someone instead lololol.
Hope you get some sleep!

Reactions: Jeffrei