THE DONALD STERLING CASE | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

THE DONALD STERLING CASE

Kevin Johnson is an interesting figure. He's married to Michelle Rhee, who is the head of some group that wants to destroy public teachers' independence. I love how nutty everything and everyone is. I alone am sane.

Kevin Johnson is an interesting figure. He's married to Michelle Rhee, who is the head of some group that wants to destroy public teachers' independence. I love how nutty everything and everyone is. I alone am sane.

I question your evaluation of your own sanity.

Reactions: bionic
hmm, yeah, what if you dont blinker your thinking in terms of right-wing and left-wing/"progressives" maybe? That's all ways of dismissing opinions and thinking instead of treating it was worthwhile, that sort of thing is going to come back and bite you in the ass.

And that kind of arrogance will bite you in the ass. You don’t know me at all…so don’t act like you do.

So far as the whole intolerant of people who promote intolerance I'd refer you back to JS Mill, both on liberty and his autobiography deal with freedom of thought and freedom of discussion and do really well upon these points, good opinion and thinking shouldnt be so threatened by what it considers its opposing opposite as to want to censor it, if you're confident you're right in your opinion you should be happy enough to have others air theirs. I think its because so many people are unconvinced, deep down they arent sure, and they dont want any challenges to that fragile certainty that they have achieved so they try to prohibit anything that will threaten that. Not a good thing at all. Especially not from the very people who're meant to be the bastions of critical thinking so called.

A lot of the discourse on the role of minority sexual preferences in society, its profile and importance to agitators etc. I've always thought was a very good case in point. There's a discussion there that's not been had, which I believe at the moment cant really be had, but its important and would have implications far beyond this single issue, to what democracy, law, minority-majority relations and expectations should guarantee any individual.
Nope…sorry…when one person or group of people attempt to say that they are above another person or group…that they are better for this or that reason…and people do not speak up, or speak out against it - is when terrible things in history have happened.
A conservative Christian is NOT better than someone who is homosexual…and vice versa….that person has the right to believe that they are better, but it does not make it so. It took a good portion of people speaking out against intolerance and hatred to end slavery in the US…to show that we shouldn’t just keep our mouths shut, because the opposite DOES indeed breed a continuation of the intolerance and hate.
I think everyone has the right to say whatever they want to….but they should also understand that (especially in the public eye) you can and will be judged by society and sometimes that could lead to negative consequences. No one is immune to such judgements.
If I was in the public eye, and spoke down about any group, you better believe I would expect some sort of repercussions…to think that wouldn’t happen, is very wishful thinking.
We do already have the ability to spew all the hate we want….but if enough people don’t like what you have to say…the constitution isn’t going to protect you.
People also have the right to speak out against such things and/or ostracize the person saying it. It should be expected when you denigrate a group or groups of people.

Perhaps it isn’t everything and everyone else.

I still don't think we have the context for Sterling's remarks. It somehow happened in a room in which he and Stiviano (not her real name, but no one seems to know her real name, as she goes by at least six aliases), were conversing. She offers him orange juice and calls him "dear." The precise nature of their relationship is still unclear. She claims they were never lovers. He claims that she can have sex with anyone she wants, but he doesn't want her to bring blacks to his owner's club box, apparently because some other rich person is making fun of him for the people that she brings, including black players. It's definitely a weird conversation, but we don't have much of a context for it.

It's just interesting to me that "being racist" is now considered a greater crime than raping a teen. And that the man who allegedly raped a teen is mayor of Sacramento, and welcome anywhere in the NBA, while Sterling, because he allegedly said these things, is persona non grata at his own ballclub. One of these persons is a criminal. The other: objectionable, perhaps, but not a criminal.

And yet no one blinks at the rapist. Because he's black, he gets a pass. Perhaps to condemn him for raping these kids would be racist. Also, Kevin Johnson is a close personal friend of Obama's.

I haven’t given him a pass…as I’m sure many other’s have not. Somehow, through his fame and money he has weaseled his way out of conviction….no one here is saying that racist remarks are worse than raping someone.

And that kind of arrogance will bite you in the ass. You don’t know me at all…so don’t act like you do.

Nope…sorry…when one person or group of people attempt to say that they are above another person or group…that they are better for this or that reason…and people do not speak up, or speak out against it - is when terrible things in history have happened.
A conservative Christian is NOT better than someone who is homosexual…and vice versa….that person has the right to believe that they are better, but it does not make it so. It took a good portion of people speaking out against intolerance and hatred to end slavery in the US…to show that we shouldn’t just keep our mouths shut, because the opposite DOES indeed breed a continuation of the intolerance and hate.
I think everyone has the right to say whatever they want to….but they should also understand that (especially in the public eye) you can and will be judged by society and sometimes that could lead to negative consequences. No one is immune to such judgements.
If I was in the public eye, and spoke down about any group, you better believe I would expect some sort of repercussions…to think that wouldn’t happen, is very wishful thinking.
We do already have the ability to spew all the hate we want….but if enough people don’t like what you have to say…the constitution isn’t going to protect you.
People also have the right to speak out against such things and/or ostracize the person saying it. It should be expected when you denigrate a group or groups of people.

Back on ignore we go then.

It's always interesting that the people most at pains to say something are those with the lousiest communication skills.

Back on ignore we go then.

It's always interesting that the people most at pains to say something are those with the lousiest communication skills.

Put me on ignore.
Sucks when someone calls you out on your bullshit doesn’t it?
I would probably pin you as the number one most arrogant person on this forum Lark.
“OMG! Someone disagreed with me!!” “I better put them on ignore…right after I talked down to them about looking at all perspectives of an issue!”
Sorry…but I don’t like people talking down to me Lark….it just doesn’t fly…I will throw it right back at you and I can see you can dish it but not take it.
Just curious why an ENTJ is even on the INFJ forum? (not that you don’t have that right)

Last edited:
Put me on ignore.
Sucks when someone calls you out on your bullshit doesn’t it?
I would probably pin you as the number one most arrogant person on this forum Lark.
“OMG! Someone disagreed with me!!” “I better put them on ignore…right after I talked down to them about looking at all perspectives of an issue!”
Sorry…but I don’t like people talking down to me Lark….it just doesn’t fly…I will throw it right back at you and I can see you can dish it but not take it.
Just curious why an ENTJ is even on the INFJ forum? (not that you don’t have that right)

He probably had a past love that was an INFJ and knows how great they are, so he is looking for another one. Or trying to figure them out. Right or wrong? :) [MENTION=4115]Lark[/MENTION]

Reactions: Skarekrow
I have to admit, as I watched this unfold on the news I wondered about the mental health of our billionaire overlords.

I wonder how much money he has put into congressional races? I would like to see his list of political donations.

Reactions: Skarekrow

That is neither a valid nor true observation.

He probably had a past love that was an INFJ and knows how great they are, so he is looking for another one. Or trying to figure them out. Right or wrong? :) @Lark

I dont know why you quoted skarecrow for my attention but I didnt read what he had to say.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
Thanks for illustrating my point, wasnt sure how long I'd have to wait.

Oh snap! Epic burn. I'm going to go get some aloe vera. You can pat yourself on the back for that one. I'm too crispy to do it for you right now.

I dont know why you quoted skarecrow for my attention but I didnt read what he had to say.

I think you might have read into that a little too much. I quoted him because I was guessing my answer to a question he had. I have no idea whether you have him on ignore or not, nor do I care.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Lark
Thanks for illustrating my point, wasnt sure how long I'd have to wait.
Oh snap! Epic burn. I'm going to go get some aloe vera. You can pat yourself on the back for that one. I'm too crispy to do it for you right now.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Lark
I think you might have read into that a little too much. I quoted him because I was guessing my answer to a question he had. I have no idea whether you have him on ignore or not, nor do I care.
cool!

You made the grade.

I'm suspiscious of anyone who responds to another member's post directed at anyone who has them on ignore by quoting their post and mentioning the member, especially if its someone I've never heard from before and who appears to know the ignored member.

Could be coincidential but seldom is.

He’s got me on ignore…damn…so sad that I cannot have anymore of his superfluous and condescending posts attempting to try and “learn” me, as I’m so far below his incredible wisdom and philosophies on life, morality, and politics.
I may as well throw myself bodily off a cliff since I can no longer interact with his presumptuous and smug intellect.
So sad...
13%2B-%2B1

I'm suspiscious of anyone who responds to another member's post directed at anyone who has them on ignore by quoting their post and mentioning the member, especially if its someone I've never heard from before and who appears to know the ignored member.

Could be coincidential but seldom is.

As I said, I did not know you had him on ignore, nor do I care. By showing you his post, what would be in it for me?

And, I see you are fairly new to this site, but if you take a minute to browse through the threads, you will find many instances where people have responded to posts not directed at them. I have had it happen several times, so this is a common occurrence.

I happened to notice that you are an ENTJ and I have often seen ENTP's and ENTJ's (or NT's in general) on here looking to meet a nice INFJ girl, with (usually) a sob story about how they screwed it up with the one they had a chance with. That is why I posted what I did and that is why I attached your name to it to see if I was off or on.

So you were wrong. But thanks for the inaccurate guesstimation.