The Dark Side | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Dark Side

INTJs are more scary because they can convince other people that they are the ones at fault, regardless of what happens. An INTJ could randomly pick up a flamethrower and torch a bunch of innocent women and children and then look over to some schmuck and say "now why did you make me do that?" and that schmuck will believe it's their fault. If they question it, an INTJ could fully logically explain how it's their fault.

INFJs can always make a person feel like it's their fault but don't always have the logic to back it up.

I can relate so well since my mother is INTJ and my father ENFJ. While getting a bollocking from my Dad was rather scary, he's generally more empathetic in his anger. My mother though has absolutely no idea how scared she's making you feel.

I think it's the intensity when they yell.

INTJs are more scary because they can convince other people that they are the ones at fault, regardless of what happens. An INTJ could randomly pick up a flamethrower and torch a bunch of innocent women and children and then look over to some schmuck and say "now why did you make me do that?" and that schmuck will believe it's their fault. If they question it, an INTJ could fully logically explain how it's their fault.

INFJs can always make a person feel like it's their fault but don't always have the logic to back it up.

Exactly.

I think it's the intensity when they yell.

Yup, also these.

That sounds like Te more than Fe to me.

I sound much more like Te on paper. Trust me I am an Fe user, ask [MENTION=1751]Kavalan[/MENTION].

The wrath of immature tertiary introverted feeling run wild is not something with which one wants to trifle.

My INTJ father does not get angry a lot, but when he does, watch out. I'm sure glad he isn't president. Remember back when Russian tanks were rolling into those rebel provinces of Georgia? His response was get jump up, wave his fists, and scream at the TV about how those Russians were evil and we need to get 'em. There was nothing I could do to convince him that launching all our nukes at Russia and leaving nothing in Moscow but a field of glass was not a great idea. Sending troops to support the independence (and possible future annexation) of provinces that votes to succeed from a nation that was interested in joining NATO though has nothing useful to offer us seemed to him ample justification to risk having all our major cities nuked in retaliation.

To be fair though, I don't think I've ever see an INFJ get angry, so I can't really compare them. The closest I've seen is one get a little upset about me making excuses and not taking enough initiative to improve my life.

That sounds like Te more than Fe to me.

I sound much more like Te on paper. Trust me I am an Fe user, ask [MENTION=1751]Kavalan[/MENTION].

Different execution style.

He'll use peoples own intentions as a baseboard and work from there. Think of a river as one's natural flow; Fe (at least in Indy's case) seems to use that more
I on the other hand will build a proverbial canal to get it done. A little more coaxing and possibly run counter to others internal notions but it can be done.

I don't condone it as I have washed my hands of such practices as much as I can without compromising myself.

i hope it's ok to bump this thread although it is old. i was going to make a new thread on it but i thought it would be better to bump it rather than making a new thread on exactly the same thing. i think this is a general topic that could be of ongoing interest to INFJs.

also, a number of posts on this thread were not very meaningful. such as "everyone has a dark side". well, obviously everyone does - but then again, of course it's probably fair to assume that different types have different dark sides, and infj dark side will be different in this way. (i think posts like these may have been more in response to the infj "specialness" virus that sometimes flares up, rather than the actual issue.) then after that the thread veered off on this other digression about how some other type has a darker side. like, whatever, that is totally not the point!! this is the infj forum. surely there is more to say on this issue.

what i'm interested in is questions like: what is an infj like who has gone over to the dark side? how does that dark side infj present themselves, what sorts of things do they do? are they filled with aggression and rage, or love and kindness, or neither? is it easy for an infj to go to the dark side? is there a healthy way of going to the dark side for an infj from which s/he can return at will? does an infj need to embrace and come to terms with the dark side to develop fully?

i have sometimes thought that feelings of rage/hatred, and feelings of personal specialness, are two ways that especially combined, might take an infj to the dark side. i may be wrong that infjs are susceptible to this (open to discussion), but it is something that i have noticed, and i don't know why it seems to happen. and perhaps there are other ways they might go to the dark side too.

thank you

what i'm interested in is questions like: what is an infj like who has gone over to the dark side? how does that dark side infj present themselves, what sorts of things do they do? are they filled with aggression and rage, or love and kindness, or neither? is it easy for an infj to go to the dark side? is there a healthy way of going to the dark side for an infj from which s/he can return at will? does an infj need to embrace and come to terms with the dark side to develop fully?

i have sometimes thought that feelings of rage/hatred, and feelings of personal specialness, are two ways that especially combined, might take an infj to the dark side. i may be wrong that infjs are susceptible to this (open to discussion), but it is something that i have noticed, and i don't know why it seems to happen. and perhaps there are other ways they might go to the dark side too.

thank you

Speaking as an INFJ who went to the 'dark side', I was for more terrified of myself than I have ever been of anyone else. I tried as hard as I could to present myself as close to a regular INFJ as possible, because otherwise it would have interfered wiht my goal. Goals, really, are what tend to send INFJs to the 'dark side'. Our type holds personal values very closely, and many of our actions are based off of them, so if those values are dark..... the INFJ can commit any atrocity and feel no remorse at all. I was brought out of the 'dark side' by someone, but I doubt that I could have left that state of being on my own.

Reactions: invisible