The Best Advice Ever... | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The Best Advice Ever...

"After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

"Don't forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal" - MLK

'That, of course, is the great secret of the successful fool – that he is no fool at all.' - Isaac Asimov

"People change. We like to say they don't because they don't change into what we want them to be"

"Nothing is ever as important as you think it is"

"You don't have to forgive, just realise how the bad times have made you stronger"

"Don't blame others for your lack of self esteem"

To thine own self be true - Shakespeare

The best advise I ever got was "rest." Seems simple enough, but to my surprise this little piece of wisdom had huge implications. Rest in this case as not just rest for the body, but also for the mind, soul and spirit....rest from having to get things right, rest from understanding things fully, rest from having a plan or agenda, rest from fretting over my limitations. I've been resting for twenty years now and so in hindsight this little piece of advise packed quite a whallop.

Reactions: Lea and Galileo
I have often regretted doing something my way instead of listening to others, parents included. Maybe I wondered how differently things would or could have worked out.

I have often regretted listening to others (parents included) instead of doing something my way :)

From [MENTION=751]Peppermint[/MENTION]

In any case my opinion is that people should always think before posting, or doing anything really.

"Get out of the bucket of shit.
It takes a lot of courage to do this. the bucket of shit is warm and comfortable, and it's so easy to get used to it. you can slosh around in it and throw it at others, but in the end it's not doing you any good."

It's so easy to allow yourself to get bogged down by your problems, to feel sorry for yourself and feel that the world owes you everything, but the fact of the matter is, that if this is true, the world hasn't picked up on this idea yet. This isn't to say that you shouldn't talk about your feelings, your past and anything that is making you depressed, but it's the way in which you do it that matters. Be constructive. When you make mistakes, forgive yourself for them and try to do better next time.

this was the best piece of advice I heard when I was about 17, and it's ultimately what really helped me to get my life together again.

It doesn't matter what you do the forces of the universe will squash you like a bug eventually.

To myself:

You put yourself in this shit hole and you are the only one who can get yourself out!
Get on with it, what are you waiting for? There is no point in feeling sorry for yourself it won't get you anywhere!
The person you are with doesn't love and respect you, accept that once and for all. Stop crying now!

So I did, I changed everything and I've never felt better.

PS Don't be disappointed when people don't meet your expectations just smile and move on! And when they do have a celebration and tell them how happy you are ;-)

Take the time to watch your favorite movies over and over again!

Thank people when they do things for you!

Don't complain about the weather or such things...

someone i worked with in a nightclub told me that you dont have to worry too much about ferreting out whether people are good or bad because in time bad people will always tell you that they are bad. they will gleefully tell you a story about how they deliberately hurt someone and felt no remorse. but having said that, i think its a good policy to maintain a healthy, respectful distance when getting acquainted.

This is going to sound really trite, but "count your blessings." When I am obsessing and miserable about something, it really does help to remember how extremely fortunate I am in many ways. Not in the sense of mentally calling myself an ingrate for being less than pleased about something, but it just helps to get back on track thought-wise when I think about all the good in my life as opposed to just the unhappy details I have no control over.

Reactions: sassafras