textbook intj problem

Hashim

Lucky
Jun 5, 2012
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
No idea
So i was wondering if there are any good books about how to express feelings. *shudders at the very thought.

You are the feelings experts, so it's only logical to ask you.

And i ward off your evil infj magical empathy thing. Just list some books.

So i was wondering if there are any good books about how to express feelings. *shudders at the very thought.

I think it doesn't work this way. It's like asking people with, say, perfect hearing about books on hearing disorders. This is more of a question to INTJ communities.

You'll have to settle for the magic empathy thing, I'm afraid :) .

Embrace the empathy, love the empathy... Heehee~ :]

Unfortunately, I don't know any books - wish I did to help ya'! Although (and I may be wrong - I tend to be haha) I would guess that emotions are better experienced through trial and error instead of read about.

O noes >.<
It's dem INFJs here to kill the snark with their evil (and actually pretty reasonable) empathy majik!
What are silly humans that are silly to do?!

I don't think there are many books out there about expressing emotions. The ones that are there are very touchy feely. Expressing emotions requires practical application and an understanding of the need for empathy in relationships.

O noes >.<
It's dem INFJs here to kill the snark with their evil (and actually pretty reasonable) empathy majik!
What are silly humans that are silly to do?!

Your sarcastic response marks you a traitor to the NT order.

You shall be stripped of your NTness and forced to walk the world as a...feeler.

it's funny.

it's either you're a Feeler and are overly emotional (which creeps people out) or you're a Thinker and stone-hearted (which also creeps people out).

it's funny.

it's either you're a Feeler and are overly emotional (which creeps people out) or you're a Thinker and stone-hearted (which also creeps people out).

Or you're a giant eye in the sky which creeps people out.

@ OP go to intjforum.com and ask if any INTJs there have broken through their emotional retardedness. I don't think this is the best place. How would you react to an NF going onto a forum full of INTJs, asking them for a book list on middle-school level mathematics? Googling it yourself would be just as productive.

Here, I googled for you:

http://counselingsocal.com/communicatingfeelings/

They even have a recipe for it:

When {observable event} happened, I felt {feeling} because I need/value {underlying need that felt unmet or value that felt jeopardized}. Would you be willing to {specific request that person could do} in the future?

Also, you are probably having an emotion right now this very second! You could tell us about it, we typically like that sort of thing. It might be good practice, no?

Edit: I just realized this could go badly wrong:
When {your jackassery} happened, I felt {angry} because I need/value {non-jackasses}. Would you be willing to {DIE DIE DIE} in the future?

Yeah... don't do that. I just realized this could be harder than one might think.

Your sarcastic response marks you a traitor to the NT order.

You shall be stripped of your NTness and forced to walk the world as a...feeler.

Man, and I thought INTJs had thicker skins.
Anywho, I can accept this. Feelers are pretty cool.

Reactions: Tin Man
I think it doesn't work this way. It's like asking people with, say, perfect hearing about books on hearing disorders. This is more of a question to INTJ communities.

You'll have to settle for the magic empathy thing, I'm afraid :) .

Yeah did that. They gave me a list of 10 books.

Or you're a giant eye in the sky which creeps people out.

@ OP go to intjforum.com and ask if any INTJs there have broken through their emotional retardedness. I don't think this is the best place. How would you react to an NF going onto a forum full of INTJs, asking them for a book list on middle-school level mathematics? Googling it yourself would be just as productive.

Did check the other forum. They gave me a list of books.

I would immediately tell you middle school math books we use here and give you a recommendation for high school math books as well. Never underestimate us INTJ. Knowledge is our magic...

I didn't want to Google. An intuitive prospective would make the process much more efficient.