Taunt The Lurkers | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Taunt The Lurkers

side note: NEVER ever google the word creepy. I just did accidently. I know what the lurkers look like now.

Well I of course just googled it, now I'm going to have nightmares.

Interesting question. Is there a difference? Is a lurker a modern day peeping tom?

One is publicly accessible and the other is not. One is legal and the other is not. One is also sexual in nature while the other is not necessarily.

One is publicly accessible and the other is not. One is legal and the other is not. One is also sexual in nature while the other is not necessarily.

Hmm, good points. I had to google this. Here's one definition I found. "Lurker definition, to lie or wait in concealment, as a person in ambush; remain in or around a place secretly or furtively."

We might be ambushed?

Hmm, good points. I had to google this. Here's one definition I found. "Lurker definition, to lie or wait in concealment, as a person in ambush; remain in or around a place secretly or furtively."

We might be ambushed?

True. 'Lurk' or 'lurking' has more history than simply being an internet slang term, so a peeping tom or a voyeur could also be a lurker. Though the emphasis strictly on viewing might take on the additional emphasis of ambush as well.

:m092:

Isn't it weird to get freaked out that people read public posts on a public website that most of the world can read?
I think the only people who find INFJs **THAT** fascinating (that they're lurking around a forum so much) are fellow INFJs, bots, and those poor souls who fall in love with INFJs. :p

Watch out for those bots, though. They may go Ex Machina on us. :D

:m092:

Isn't it weird to get freaked out that people read public posts on a public website that most of the world can read?
I think the only people who find INFJs **THAT** fascinating (that they're lurking around a forum so much) are fellow INFJs, bots, and those poor souls who fall in love with INFJs. :p

Watch out for those bots, though. They may go Ex Machina on us. :D

Ex machina, ahh such great movie. Left me wondering if there would be a part 2, the creator didn't actually plan on it, but I think he's considering it now. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the original dialogue.

I'm a totally lurky member. :m096:
Sometimes I just like to 'listen', then think of a lengthy reply, then not post it. :D
Also, bots.

About two-thirds of the times that I write a reply on a topic, it's super huge, and then I shorten it and then I decide not to post x)

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
There is someone here named [MENTION=14657]bolognamacaroni[/MENTION] .

There is someone here named [MENTION=14657]bolognamacaroni[/MENTION] .

Thats one way to draw them out - mention the names of people who have signed up but never posted. Uh oh - war on the horizon. Smelling more wood burning in Salem.

View attachment 27009

Last edited:
I hear [MENTION=14657]bolognamacaroni[/MENTION] brushes his teeth with Vagisil

bth_reverse-132751_1700353a.gif

To lurkers... We won't bite. :p

I hear [MENTION=6433]cocktaildress[/MENTION] spends 40% of her wages every month on anal beads

it's not lurking if you're signed in and reading, though, right?? I often thumb and rep but don't post...or if I post, I then delete it immediately lol

[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] called [MENTION=14092]Asa[/MENTION] a Lurker and I don't think she is...she's here..she's just new. I'm relatively new, too...
What is the definitive lurking criteria? to lurk or not to lurk --