Taunt The Lurkers | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Taunt The Lurkers

a worried Pleiades begins fervently creating a spreadsheet to track post count execution metrics and devises a plan of action that will forecast to be at 60k posts within a year
( I'm a lil shy tho ) *traces floor with toe of boot*

I hear that [MENTION=13999]Pleiades[/MENTION] can only communicate with people in real life by grunting and throwing rocks

it's not lurking if you're signed in and reading, though, right?? I often thumb and rep but don't post...or if I post, I then delete it immediately lol

[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION] called [MENTION=14092]Asa[/MENTION] a Lurker and I don't think she is...she's here..she's just new. I'm relatively new, too...
What is the definitive lurking criteria? to lurk or not to lurk --

If you go a lot of days without posting, you are a lurker. That's internet jargon. It's an established thing and has been for a long time.

In internet slang, to lurk means to quietly observe. In some circles people are expected to lurk until they learn how to fit in through observing the customs of the community.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lurk-moar

Pleiades: In sprinkles defense, I called myself a lurker first. :) Thank you, though. Just don't want to gang up on sprinkles. :D

Pleiades: In sprinkles defense, I called myself a lurker first. :) Thank you, though. Just don't want to gang up on sprinkles. :D

Lurking isn't a bad term on the internet anyway. Creeping is bad. Lurking is in some ways good or respected.

I hear trolling NF's is [MENTION=472]Poetic Justice[/MENTION] 's favorite pastime. Being an INTP, it's just a given, I suppose. :p

Reactions: Siimplicity
Lurking isn't a bad term on the internet anyway. Creeping is bad. Lurking is in some ways good or respected.

creeping does sound bad. please pardon me while I find a kind millennial to explain it all lol

-- update: thus far no return on searches for Creeper...other than the Mine Craft variety lol

Last edited:
creeping does sound bad. please pardon me while I find a kind millennial to explain it all lol

This is older than Millennials and a lot of them don't seem to get it. Millennials mostly just propagate dank memes.

I hear [MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION] took a selfie before having her morning coffee and now uses it as her avatar on an MBTI forum she lurks on

So this is Trolling...? why do you do it?

Nah, that's not trolling. Trolling is usually meant to incite irrational meltdowns for more fun to poke at in highly negative ways. This is just [MENTION=472]Poetic Justice[/MENTION] being humorous as a way to connect with those in the community. It's actually a way that INTP's show affection. :p

Reactions: #@&5&49
Nah, that's not trolling. Trolling is usually meant to incite irrational meltdowns for more fun to poke at in highly negative ways. This is just [MENTION=472]Poetic Justice[/MENTION] being humorous as a way to connect with those in the community. It's actually a way that INTP's show affection. :p

HAHA! So that must mean [MENTION=5511]ruji[/MENTION] secretly adores INFP's!!!! :D

(that's excellent poetic license right there, [MENTION=13729]Free[/MENTION])
ok [MENTION=472]Poetic Justice[/MENTION] I love you too. :hug:

So this is Trolling...? why do you do it?

New to forums huh?

No i'm not trolling i'm just being playful. Please don't be offended. You will come across this kind of humour a lot on this forum. In fact there are threads dedicated to it.

Let me break it down for you:

Lurking = reading but not posting. This is not a bad thing. If that's what people want to do then fine. The purpose of this thread isn't to be mean to people. Its to encourage people to post who don't currently. A playful challenge is worth a shot

Trolling = being a dick. Not playful banter. Just being a dick. Messing up threads by being needlessly argumentative etc.

I genuinely thought you would find my posts about you funny. That's how they were meant to be taken :hug:

New to forums huh?

No i'm not trolling i'm just being playful. Please don't be offended. You will come across this kind of humour a lot on this forum. In fact there are threads dedicated to it.

Let me break it down for you:

Lurking = reading but not posting. This is not a bad thing. If that's what people want to do then fine. The purpose of this thread isn't to be mean to people. Its to encourage people to post who don't currently. A playful challenge is worth a shot

Trolling = being a dick. Not playful banter. Just being a dick. Messing up threads by being needlessly argumentative etc.

I genuinely thought you would find my posts about you funny. That's how they were meant to be taken :hug:

PLEIADES SMASH!!!! :fish:

Reactions: Free